Porter 37 Crosby 34/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

Maybe Porter played out of their minds, maybe Crosby overlooked them, whatever. If you know anything about the men that mentor Porter every day, then you know that Porter was very well prepared and that success is not a shock to them. This district race will be a dog fight every week. May the best four teams survive.

4 hours ago, Coug88 said:

You are a piece of work.  Note to the rest of the posters...biaplayer called porter a cellar dweller not crosby.   I had my helping of crow last night.   Not doing this all over again because you are late to get with the program

lady I have been called worse, threatened to have my arse whooped by a Vidor coach. I assure you I am much worse than a piece of work, and yes I  may have been late because I honestly didn't know they were gonna play Thursday night and didn't find out this morning, but now that I know I will continue to comment on a wonderful upset, just makes it better now that I know you think I am a piece of work, wow you hurt my feelings I hope you choked on your crow:)

20 hours ago, Goblin said:

Yeah that's a 17.7% win percentage and they beat Scarborough and Caney Creek more than once. Hey I'm all for teams doing well. I applaud Porter and wish them the best. Not knocking anyone other than maybe a grumpy Crosby but hey, WOS got knocked off by Newton in '14 and see what happened since then? We've gone 29-2.

Good win tonight Porter well look like the district is is shifting I was at the game tonight and saw it first hand . This morning I read that the back up Qb  was going to pass all over Porter, but it was the other way around well coogs there's always next year. Spartans are rising and this victory is a big one. By the way coaching makes a difference in sports kid start to believe and magic happens

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:11 PM, WinterIsComing1 said:

Cant be a top team in the state and drop a game like this. Missing players and all that other stuff aside. This game was winnable and Crosby didnt do what they needed to. 

Think maybe we know who you are now. I heard the Winter is Coming comment on the Southwest High school scoreboard while talking about the Porter upset of Crosby.

9 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Think maybe we know who you are now. I heard the Winter is Coming comment on the Southwest High school scoreboard while talking about the Porter upset of Crosby.

I don't think Renner or Tepper went to Aledo like they supposedly did. They did get to the Porter upset of Crosby as one of the biggest stories in the state rather quickly though. Glad the players got to see that but it's not like they'll be lacking motivation. Probably also saw the national and local stories about high school players kneeling too though. Hopefully we can just prioritize in two weeks against KP. 

3 hours ago, biaplayer said:

as I said Rankings don't mean anything, just inflates your ego and leads you on. This loss wont help their cause, but I do think they rebound. So how long are your 3 studs out and when are they expected back?

When Crosby has been full strength this year we've looked exactly like we're supposed to. Porter caught Crosby in a perfect storm with two SEC caliber players missing in the backfield, Crosby playing off a short week with Porter having the previous bye and as you can see a team that wasn't totally focused on playing football. The kids that sat out will have had about 20 days to get better, so will people's feelings so we should be good. 

As far as the game, Porter was just more ready to play. Jim Holley's teams always seem to give Crosby trouble, now he has a good qb that's four year starter and can actually throw plus a solid 6-3 receiver on the outside to make plays for him. Porter had the advantage of being able to deviate from film because they only had one game tape against Brazozport where Holley didn't have to show anything, Crosby couldn't figure out their defensive keys and Hall/Carney converted a bunch of 3rd and 15+ just like Ware/Harvey did when we went to OT with New Caney last year. 

Losses never help in the literal sense but realistically any win for a larger school in the district is helpful for Crosby. Crosby needs teams to push them D2, it was supposed to be New Caney and KP but if Porter takes that spot then fine. At the end of the day the goal is to get I of the D2 playoffs and avoid Manvel, Temple and Cedar Park in the region. 

Like I already highlighted, the year Cedar Park beat us in the semis they started off 2-2 with a loss to Aledo in the opener and were then shutout 23-0 by 3-7 Dripping Springs in the fourth game of the season to start district play. Even a squad like that couldn't overcome some of the issues they had at that point in the season. Crosby will be more than fine, for the first time in five years they just didn't prepare for a team like they should have. 

Guest Aledoalumni
11 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

You do realize Winter is coming is a Game of Thrones reference? Pretty popular show on HBO. I would 100% recommend it. Better than Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, or any other show. Anyways I can assure you being an Aledo fan only I am not associated with any scoreboard show. 

Guest Aledoalumni
30 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

When Crosby has been full strength this year we've looked exactly like we're supposed to. Porter caught Crosby in a perfect storm with two SEC caliber players missing in the backfield, Crosby playing off a short week with Porter having the previous bye and as you can see a team that wasn't totally focused on playing football. The kids that sat out will have had about 20 days to get better, so will people's feelings so we should be good. 

As far as the game, Porter was just more ready to play. Jim Holley's teams always seem to give Crosby trouble, now he has a good qb that's four year starter and can actually throw plus a solid 6-3 receiver on the outside to make plays for him. Porter had the advantage of being able to deviate from film because they only had one game tape against Brazozport where Holley didn't have to show anything, Crosby couldn't figure out their defensive keys and Hall/Carney converted a bunch of 3rd and 15+ just like Ware/Harvey did when we went to OT with New Caney last year. 

Losses never help in the literal sense but realistically any win for a larger school in the district is helpful for Crosby. Crosby needs teams to push them D2, it was supposed to be New Caney and KP but if Porter takes that spot then fine. At the end of the day the goal is to get I of the D2 playoffs and avoid Manvel, Temple and Cedar Park in the region. 

Like I already highlighted, the year Cedar Park beat us in the semis they started off 2-2 with a loss to Aledo in the opener and were then shutout 23-0 by 3-7 Dripping Springs in the fourth game of the season to start district play. Even a squad like that couldn't overcome some of the issues they had at that point in the season. Crosby will be more than fine, for the first time in five years they just didn't prepare for a team like they should have. 

Not to keep hating on the Crosby train but I think College Station will be a tough game for yall. I think I would favor CS but we will see. But if you did go D1 I think yall beat Temple. Lose against CP or Mavel though.