So, which one was more unexpected?

BMTSoulja1

surely it was the Dayton loss. Vidor always comes to play with Central, but from what I saw Central looked worse than Nederland. They got to do some soul searching for sure. Thought second string QB played better than the 1st string QB did. Vidor looked solid on offense eating up a lot of clock. Have to give credit where credit is due, Mathews had them in beatdown mode. lol 

awesome soulja!  I know that was a tough one

but on this topic Dayton all the way,  I mean they lost to a school that went 0-7 last year in a weak 4a district.  Only 3 wins and it was against two very small 3a school (sqeaked by on both) and Houston Kashmere.  They lost to LCM last year by like 50 or 60 and lost most district games by 40 plus.

21 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not really.  I thought it would be good conversation.  I'm over that Vidor loss, believe it or not.  Lol

I'm not either! ! I know central has been in some tough battles with vidor.but Saturday I feel they took steps back.with 10 defensive guys back i thought they could handle the wing-t better. The offense could have easily put up 35 to 42 pts. We know the passing game isn't there.but neither is the running game. Ima a fan of all setx teams.but I'm not sure if they can get back in the race for a playoff spot. They still have to play png,Nederland, Memorial. I hope they can do it.

With Splendora coming in undefeated and after losing by 34 at home to BH, I think Central's loss and the way they lost to Vidor was more surprising. 22-5A folks may think Nederland is good but after Dayton almost lost to them I thought they would have trouble in district play. I still expect Central to somewhat contend for a playoff spot but I think Dayton will lose their next three games and start 0-4 in district play and 1-5 overall with that lone win being over Nederland.  

Dayton for sure,but a little warning=This Splendora team is big up front & they scheme/block well.I wouldn't get caught up in comparing w/l records from the past if I were gettin ready to play them.59 North corridor is booming,NC-Porter-Splendora are gonna benefit=build it & they will come.I'm not penciling them into a top 4 spot overall but it could happen.We played poor enuff to be 0-3.Been there many times before(just not any FW's-Elkins-Angletons-Ald Ike's in there lately)Dayt hasn't played good defense since (sorry brain fart=I don't remember,but I do remember the last real qb=Herrera 2011.Straight up we've gotten soft thinking a playoff spot is great(2 playoff wins past 4 yrs),until a team can contend for a dist title again we will struggle.Trying to be as positive/honest as I can,but past yrs have shown=push em too hard & they quit.Got this week vs Humble to fix things or 20 yr program starts over looking for 1 vs #21 it's how it is

4 minutes ago, liltex said:

Dayton for sure,but a little warning=This Splendora team is big up front & they scheme/block well.I wouldn't get caught up in comparing w/l records from the past if I were gettin ready to play them.59 North corridor is booming,NC-Porter-Splendora are gonna benefit=build it & they will come.I'm not penciling them into a top 4 spot overall but it could happen.We played poor enuff to be 0-3.Been there many times before(just not any FW's-Elkins-Angletons-Ald Ike's in there lately)Dayt hasn't played good defense since (sorry brain fart=I don't remember,but I do remember the last real qb=Herrera 2011.Straight up we've gotten soft thinking a playoff spot is great(2 playoff wins past 4 yrs),until a team can contend for a dist title again we will struggle.Trying to be as positive/honest as I can,but past yrs have shown=push em too hard & they quit.Got this week vs Humble to fix things or 20 yr program starts over looking for 1 vs #21 it's how it is

What do you feel in your opinion has happened to Dayton's offensive execution? I never got the offseason hype about the new coach but hasn't he gotten a lot more kids to come play in the program? Defensive issues can usually be solved with the extra depth but right now it doesn't seem like Dayton is as good on either side of the ball as they were last year with less depth. I've said many time on here that no matter the personnel Dayton has always been able to scheme up points on you, maybe the Bronco faithful took that for granted?