So, which one was more unexpected?

BMTSoulja1

39 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What do you feel in your opinion has happened to Dayton's offensive execution? I never got the offseason hype about the new coach but hasn't he gotten a lot more kids to come play in the program? Defensive issues can usually be solved with the extra depth but right now it doesn't seem like Dayton is as good on either side of the ball as they were last year with less depth. I've said many time on here that no matter the personnel Dayton has always been able to scheme up points on you, maybe the Bronco faithful took that for granted?  

5 yrs of not  having a stable of qb's,word is kids like Nations,and the question is now=will they give 100% every day.My question is=do you Broncos reading this post want to be remembered in history books as the team that failed?That can be fixed beginning this week w/blocking/tackling

2 hours ago, liltex said:

5 yrs of not  having a stable of qb's,word is kids like Nations,and the question is now=will they give 100% every day.My question is=do you Broncos reading this post want to be remembered in history books as the team that failed?That can be fixed beginning this week w/blocking/tackling

Everyone in Bronco Nation please relax.  Everything will work itself out.  I played and we got into some trouble during the season and ended up going 3 deep.  if I didn't believe in the program my sons wouldn't play.  I don't always agree with the play calling but Im not a coach.  Let these guys do their job.  I have a 15 yr old sophomore and a 12 yr old 7th grader and they both play.  If I didn't believe in Coach Nation or his vision we wouldn't play here.  I can go anywhere I want due to renting a home instead of buying because we just moved back.  I chose Dayton because I believe in the people, I believe in the tradition, I believe in the dream....

Lets go Broncos

2 hours ago, liltex said:

That's what I was basically asking. Dayton had qb issues the last couple of years but was still able to pass and rush for over 2,300 yards both seasons creating a pretty balanced attack. I know we always crack jokes about the slant and the bubble screen but they were very effective in producing points, have they gone away from those types of plays? The film I see looks like Dayton is pretty much running the same offense as the last decade.

2 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Foreman had his opportunity to win. *cough* But I guess we just weren't talented enough :) jk

Oh lawd!!!!!!!!!!  Lmao!  I was waiting for this comment. 

Soulja, Jag insider, jagdad: your thoughts please. :)

1 hour ago, no-look said:

I've never seen a Central football game but I've seen some of their basketball games. They always had a ton of good athletes. So I thought this would be a factor. Is Central a basketball first school?  

Well, football first, then basketball, even though they actually have been competing better in basketball within the last 5 years..  

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, football first, then basketball, even though they actually have been competing better in basketball within the last 5 years..  

You really posted this? Smh…….. Central hasn't been a football school since Stowers was there. 

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm talking about the interest factor...  The buzz is more about Football than Basketball...  But the gap has closed somewhat...

If I took a poll about some interest factor after that Vidor game from the jag faithful you know what it would show. 

10 hours ago, dj said:

I'm not either! ! I know central has been in some tough battles with vidor.but Saturday I feel they took steps back.with 10 defensive guys back i thought they could handle the wing-t better. The offense could have easily put up 35 to 42 pts. We know the passing game isn't there.but neither is the running game. Ima a fan of all setx teams.but I'm not sure if they can get back in the race for a playoff spot. They still have to play png,Nederland, Memorial. I hope they can do it.

It's been 48 hours now, so like the kids must do, I've said what i have to say and put it behind me.  I trust and believe that coach and his staff have learned from it and will be ready to compete for one of the 4 playoff spots.  The Jags will get in...

Dayton but I believe a lot of it has to do with Splendora's new coach, a growing area and a little more talent to pick from. Same thing is happening to New Caney; look at the results. Porter may be in that same league. Hard to keep down schools that are growing in districts that have a little cash. Dayton reminds me of the schools in 22-5A; they're actually shrinking and it makes it harder and harder to compete against the other schools. I expect Beaumont West Brook to be a 5A school within the next 5 years. Same scenario as PAM; the area is just not growing.

The Vidor / BH game was a cluster from the start. We were unprepared, made some big mistakes early and couldn't punch the ball into the end zone in the first half even though we were in the red zone three times. Mav didn't come in to play QB until the second half and scored a TD on our second possession. I'm not sure I would have picked on Tom Westerberg for my first game since I believe he had something to prove. His team was VERY prepared. I think Jeff proved how good a coach he is by making the adjustments and changes needed before Pasadena Memorial on a team that has enough talent to vie for a playoff spot. Wasn't at the game so I can't talk about Central and their game plan. It is always a good game though. I still expect Central to be in the mix come the end of October.

17 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Dayton but I believe a lot of it has to do with Splendora's new coach, a growing area and a little more talent to pick from. Same thing is happening to New Caney; look at the results. Porter may be in that same league. Hard to keep down schools that are growing in districts that have a little cash. Dayton reminds me of the schools in 22-5A; they're actually shrinking and it makes it harder and harder to compete against the other schools. I expect Beaumont West Brook to be a 5A school within the next 5 years. Same scenario as PAM; the area is just not growing.

West Brook as pretty much remained consistant with the same numbers for over 20 years.  WB isn't dropping at all, probably never will..