Beaumont Central @ Port Arthur Memorial

Alpha Wolf

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Starting to look similar to a WB vs Central type thread. This is gonna be one boring week until Friday at 10pm. 

I really have nothing to say, i won't be on here much.  Not ever going to pick against my Jags.  Going to visit a few practices to see who is taking the snaps this week.  Depending on that, i may stay home Friday and prep my boat and rods for a tournament on Saturday.  I luv the kids and program, been following since I graduated in 95.  Just hard to watch when the team as a whole is not being given the best chance to win.  Winning cures all...

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'd take him over any RB in Beaumont, period. 

I wouldn't! WB's sophomore RB is every bit of Hines' equal if not better. And, he's playing behind a very good senior and junior at WB. Don't let the playcalling fool you, the Bruins have some kids at RB that can go!

2 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

I wouldn't! WB's sophomore RB is every bit of Hines' equal if not better. And, he's playing behind a very good senior and junior at WB. Don't let the playcalling fool you, the Bruins have some kids at RB that can go!

Wish WB vs Memorial woulda happened for at least a scrimmage ;)

14 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

I was telling a friend of mine the same thing at the CE King game. I would have rathered the Bruins be tested against PAM than play that BS game.

Man I was sitting up at the Bay High game wishing we played WOS. Our coaches gotta get together around here. 

On 9/11/2016 at 1:09 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'd say at this point(he's a senior), Tyler is better.  Seems to have better acceleration and better vision.  

no sir!! like ghost said, he has experience. Hines is the fastest guy on the squad 4.3xx speed and it shows.

now, i know my titan fans gonna hate me, but it's time to get real. xbox gotta do a better job with the coaches and play calling. how many times ONE play gonna slap you in the face before a player decides to make the difference to make the other team stop running the play??? it was obvious NOBODY in westside secondary could keep up with angelle. keep going their till they stop it. our special teams is not what we are use to seeing and i believe central scores two td's off that alone!! if foreman puts the flex bone on PAM, which i think he will, that wet paperbag 3-4 we run is gonna get gashed up the gut. harrison HAS to make better decisions with the ball. this is why i said the qb position and coaching will dictate PAM's season. imagine that...they both are harrisons...harrison IS NOT mobile enough and still panics when being blitzed. that results in HUGE sacks for losses. the zone read IS NOT EFFECTIVE with him because he is not fast enough. If keitha jones plays qb, PAM chances goes up in the win column this week. hines and jones DOMINATED on jv because YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THE SPEED AND ATHLETICISM OF JONES. knowing harrison is not a run threat, you key in on hines. got a 911 call...will finish when i come back...

8 hours ago, pakronos said:

no sir!! like ghost said, he has experience. Hines is the fastest guy on the squad 4.3xx speed and it shows.

now, i know my titan fans gonna hate me, but it's time to get real. xbox gotta do a better job with the coaches and play calling. how many times ONE play gonna slap you in the face before a player decides to make the difference to make the other team stop running the play??? it was obvious NOBODY in westside secondary could keep up with angelle. keep going their till they stop it. our special teams is not what we are use to seeing and i believe central scores two td's off that alone!! if foreman puts the flex bone on PAM, which i think he will, that wet paperbag 3-4 we run is gonna get gashed up the gut. harrison HAS to make better decisions with the ball. this is why i said the qb position and coaching will dictate PAM's season. imagine that...they both are harrisons...harrison IS NOT mobile enough and still panics when being blitzed. that results in HUGE sacks for losses. the zone read IS NOT EFFECTIVE with him because he is not fast enough. If keitha jones plays qb, PAM chances goes up in the win column this week. hines and jones DOMINATED on jv because YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THE SPEED AND ATHLETICISM OF JONES. knowing harrison is not a run threat, you key in on hines. got a 911 call...will finish when i come back...

Only thing i took from that was "got a 911 call"...thanks for serving. 

Good analysis...looking forward to the game.

It's been 48 hours now, so like the kids must do, I've said what i have to say and put it behind me.  I trust and believe that coach and his staff have learned from it and will be ready to compete for one of the 4 playoff spots.  The Jags will get in.  I will be in PA wearing my maroon and silver, supporting the kids and coaches and posting updates.  I believe none of these young men will except what happened to them this past week and will come out to make a statement.  This will be the Titans 1st complete game and the 1st game outside of Butch for the Jags.  Buddy, you and i know if any team in this district is going to be intimidated by the Titans, it won't be the Jaguars.  I was a little late getting to practice today, but what i do know this week, we won't be 1 dementional...:)

8 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

No but 500 yards from Vidor is all I need to know. Vidor has nothing in the backfield like Hines

Total different style of offense between Vidor and PA-M.  The Jags are use to playing spreads, not wing and slot T's.  The held Denley from West Brook in check despite loosing that game with around 60 yards.  They held the Tompkins RB to less than that.  I'd be surprised if the PA RB gets over a hundred.  PA's biggest gains will be off of playaction passes because the Jags will be so aggressive towards the run.  

Besides hurt feelings and #9 suffering an ankle sprain, Jags came out of game healthy.  I hope #9 can go on a short week because he is a valuable piece in the secondary but i don't know...

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Total different style of offense between Vidor and PA-M.  The Jags are use to playing spreads, not wing and slot T's.  The held Denley from West Brook in check despite loosing that game with around 60 yards.  They held the Tompkins RB to less than that.  I'd be surprised if the PA RB gets over a hundred.  PA's biggest gains will be off of playaction passes because the Jags will be so aggressive towards the run.  

Besides hurt feelings and #9 suffering an ankle sprain, Jags came out of game healthy.  I hope #9 can go on a short week because he is a valuable piece in the secondary but i don't know...

I hear ya somewhat. Good coaches make adjustments though. It ain't like they throw the ball to put you off balance. They knew the run was coming every play and still did nothing to stop it. Those aren't D1 athletes. How do you get fooled by the same thing over and over? Say what you want, but what they did on that field was a textbook definition of the word domination.

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I hear ya somewhat. Good coaches make adjustments though. It ain't like they throw the ball to put you off balance. They knew the run was coming every play and still did nothing to stop it. Those aren't D1 athletes. How do you get fooled by the same thing over and over? Say what you want, but what they did on that field was a textbook definition of the word domination.

I agree on the domination part.  I will not comment anymore on adjustments or lack of adjustments pertaining to that particular game.  Looking forward to the one at hand Friday.  

I will say that i would rather be 1-2 but knowing what changes/adjustments need to be made because of things getting exposed going forward then to be 3-0 and false confidence.  With Livingston and Lee as the Indians next 2 opponents, the Indians should start out 5-0.  It doesn't get any easier after that with maybe the exception of Ozen.

I would venture to say that the 3 teams we have played would beat the 3 teams the Indians have played...

West Brook would beat Silsbee...

Katy Tompkins would beat Goose Creek Memorial...

And Vidor WILL beat Lumberton.

In my opinion, the Titans are the only team in this district that could possibility run the table this year but they are yet to play a complete game so we don't really know where they are at.  1 loss does not have the Jaguars out of the hunt for the district championship, i would say 2 does.  We'll be ready Friday night...