What are your 22-5a rankings/impressions after this week?

RoschonsBigBro

26 minutes ago, pakronos said:

AND THIS IS WHY FOOTBALL IS HORRIBLE IN OUR AREA!!! you will be happy and elated to have those soft easy wins and now you are taking a moral victory on a scrimmage to claim success.  you my friend, are a settler...

Scrimmages are a joke.. That is why i do not attend...... I guess, I just hoped PAM would bring credibility to the district, Its not too late, but I just don't know.... I take no moral victories.... A W is a W.... Does not matter if you lose to WOS or Manvel...........Its exactly that... A loss....... I settle for wins, not first round exits.... Rankings mean nothing, scrimmages meaning nothing.... Ask Neauman, he plays a tough pre district... And guess what, he has a ton of DCs to show for it...........

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Better not go too far down that road. 11-1 and 5-7 are equal on this board because both teams won only one playoff game, ask around. People here seem to forget that if you can win all the games on your schedule you have a lot better chance of winning the ones that aren't. Here you can lose 42-0 to a 4A squad two classes below you and still be considered a contender in a 5A district.   

OUCH

2 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Scrimmages are a joke.. That is why i do not attend...... I guess, I just hoped PAM would bring credibility to the district, Its not too late, but I just don't know.... I take no moral victories.... A W is a W.... Does not matter if you lose to WOS or Manvel...........Its exactly that... A loss....... A settle for wins, not first round exits.... Rankings mean nothing, scrimmages meaning nothing.... Ask Neauman, he plays a tough pre district... And guess what, he has a ton of DCs to show for it...........

Lol. Smh. Stat, stat, stat. 

31 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Better not go too far down that road. 11-1 and 5-7 are equal on this board because both teams won only one playoff game, ask around. People here seem to forget that if you can win all the games on your schedule you have a lot better chance of winning the ones that aren't. Here you can lose 42-0 to a 4A squad two classes below you and still be considered a contender in a 5A district.   

yeah , 11-1 and a butt whipping in the second round proves a lot lol.  Kinda like that "moral victory" you keep trying to claim against Manvel right ?

5 minutes ago, PNG2720 said:

Horrible that's why WOS has state rings,because this area is horrible no moral victory just stating a fact

There are about 10-15 schools around the state like WOS, Newton, North Shore, etc. that really don't play by the same rules as everybody else because of their talent level comparable to the classification. GR was similar when they were in 5A the past four years before they went to 6A. SETX used to be a talent hotbed, changing economics and a contracting population caused that not to be the case anymore even though they still produce studs. It's hard to compare schools that can have a successful program in a variety of different way to ones that have to follow a specific outline to produce similar results.    

12 minutes ago, sportsfan_01 said:

12 minutes ago, sportsfan_01 said:

Actually PNG is not the only team to score on WOS if your are counting scrimmages.... VIDOR scored...

1 hour ago, PNG2720 said:

I do recall scrimmaging WOS and so far still PNG is the only team to score on them toilet paper win is a win just like a 1 point lead is a win 

13 minutes ago, sportsfan_01 said:

Actually PNG is not the only team to score on WOS if your are counting scrimmages.... VIDOR scored...

I guess scrimmage participation, excellence, and scoring champion ribbons should be given  consideration by the UIL....... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, bigdog said:

yeah , 11-1 and a butt whipping in the second round proves a lot lol.  Kinda like that "moral victory" you keep trying to claim against Manvel right ?

That's exactly what I mean. You honestly believe Nederland is on par with Crosby because they lost in the same round. Crosby lost their first non-district game since 2012 and their record after one week was 0-1, end of story. I was being facetious after they beat North Shore. Mouse's comments related to mindset, which I can clearly see you putting a 42-0 loss to WOS in the same category as a 14 point loss to a team that's beat two top ten teams from 6A by a combined 40 points. Think about it, people make second round comments in regards to Crosby because that's what they expect to be our floor. They don't even give y'all that much credit.

I think 11-1 proves a lot. It means the first 11 out of 11 times our coaches had our players more prepared to play than the other team's coaches did versus the one time we weren't ready to play against the state-semifinalist who's about to go undefeated in 6A this year.

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's exactly what I mean. You honestly believe Nederland is on par with Crosby because they lost in the same round. Crosby lost their first non-district game since 2012 and their record after one week was 0-1, end of story. I was being facetious after they beat North Shore. Mouse's comments related to mindset, which I can clearly see you putting a 42-0 loss to WOS in the same category as a 14 point loss to a team that's beat two top ten teams from 6A by a combined 40 points. Think about it, people make second round comments in regards to Crosby because that's what they expect to be our floor. They don't even give y'all that much credit.

I think 11-1 proves a lot. It means the first 11 out of 11 times our coaches had our players more prepared to play than the other team's coaches did versus the one time we weren't ready to play against the state-semifinalist who's about to go undefeated in 6A this year.

No, I wasn't making a comparison you keep doing that to try and pump up your team. How is the second round your floor when you have only made it past twice ?

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, bigdog said:

No, I wasn't making a comparison you keep doing that to try and pump up your team. How is the second round your floor when you have only made it past twice ?

he just thinks that Crosby is world beaters and they really aren't, till they win the big show I wont call them anything but sub par!!! I don't care how much D1 players they have or who ranks them where rankings don't mean squat!!!

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, bigdog said:

Floor mean that's the least you're expected to do. Crosby has only lost one first round game the last 8 years, if Dayton doesn't go to your district for a couple of years it would be one in 10. That's what floor means, the worst anybody expect Crosby to do is get to the second round. I have to compare us to teams from south or southwest Houston and central Texas because nobody over here compares. Hence the ever present "We can't beat you but those guys over there can" comments.   

On 9/11/2016 at 11:08 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Last season, everybody had Ozen picked for the 4th spot until Lumberton took em to the woodshed first week of district. Fast forward to this year. Is Central's fate going to be the same as Ozen's last year?  It sure looks that way to me. 

Better team than Ozen...

Guest Aledoalumni
26 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Not really, but this is what you guys will look like after we leave town

buna cougar.jpg

I think yall vs College Station will be a good game. Also then yall would have to beat Calallen. If we get past the R2 team then I have faith we would be ok in the finals. We are 6-1 in title games. What is yalls record?

1 hour ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

Wait, I got it...........

Crosby: 1923

All Time Record 435-414-33

Playoff Record 22-26-0

Playoff Appearances 26

State Championships 0

Aledo: 1946

All Time Record 504-286-10

Playoff Record 82-26-1

Playoff Appearances 33

State Championships 6

This is the hidden content, please

So wait? You're an Aledo fan that lives in the DFW, has contacts in Cedar Park and knows the ins and outs of SETX football and can make predictions on Crosby?