What are your 22-5a rankings/impressions after this week?

RoschonsBigBro

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Nobody said ya'll scared, but you gonna learn today. Lol

He's been running through Ned since pee wee football. Lol

50 minutes ago, bigdog said:

And as we have seen the last six years, none of that matters on Friday night.

Same kids he has beaten for years. Same kids he has never lost to, with the only possible exceptions being the seniors. Old Ned Head is right though, none of that matters anything can happen. I like how history don't matter here but all I have heard from Nederland fans is how they beat PN-G in previous years. Maybe it wasn't bigdog specifically, but that is the single counter argument of the Ned heads I have went back and forth with on.

6 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Same kids he has beaten for years. Same kids he has never lost to, with the only possible exceptions being the seniors. Old Ned Head is right though, none of that matters anything can happen. I like how history don't matter here but all I have heard from Nederland fans is how they beat PN-G in previous years. Maybe it wasn't bigdog specifically, but that is the single counter argument of the Ned heads I have went back and forth with on.

Ill help break it down...... Throughout the years we have beaten Nederland throughout all the levels with the exception of 1.. That would be varsity.... This starts at the junior league level. This group has beaten WOS at the junior league level for a STJFL Superbowl... That means absolutely nothing. I have said for years, our STJFL teams are better coached then some others up the ladder. LN has beat BF at the varsity level every year, minus year 1, some with less talent.. He plays a smart game, turnover free, and lets PNG implode.. Until we beat Nederland, I myself, will talk no trash... LN, will make us 1 dimensional.. And its usually the dimension we struggle at for that season... Until you have played in a MCM game, its just hard to explain... My best analogy is this.... Quite often 2 star kids play like a 5 star during that game.. Its just a matter for which team....

4 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Ill help break it down...... Throughout the years we have beaten Nederland throughout all the levels with the exception of 1.. That would be varsity.... This starts at the junior league level. This group has beaten WOS at the junior league level for a STJFL Superbowl... That means absolutely nothing. I have said for years, our STJFL teams are better coached then some others up the ladder. LN has beat BF at the varsity level every year, minus year 1, some with less talent.. He plays a smart game, turnover free, and lets PNG implode.. Until we beat Nederland, I myself, will talk no trash... LN, will make us 1 dimensional.. And its usually the dimension we struggle at for that season... Until you have played in a MCM game, its just hard to explain... My best analogy is this.... Quite often 2 star kids play like a 5 star during that game.. Its just a matter for which team....

Gotcha and thanks. I'm just ready for the next chapter.

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

I disagree, for the most part, the last 6 years PNG has been outcoached. Not saying ya'll would've won every year, but Neuman has been key factor in most of those games.

9 minutes ago, PNG2720 said:

You just worry about beating Ozen  this year 

Done it 9 times straight before their 1pt super bowl win, highly doubt it'll be a problem this year, added motivation. 

Yall try to at least pinch Nederland this year, ya know, since its not really a rivalry this decade with all the Ls yall been taking. 

well didn't read all the pages, but i will say this...PNG is still unproven with toilet paper wins. due to people and their feelings and rules of the board, i can not comment on the "winning" going on at PNG. the young man at qb is talented. however all "athletic" qb's that LOOK like him are good against less talented teams...well against "JV" teams. rankings mean nothing in h.s. football, but how you get ranked by beating HORRIBLE teams, i don't know lol. still this week showed nothing. well i take that back...it showed either vidor MIGHT be a spoiler and possible playoff contender or central is bad(i doubt) or foreman is going to coach them right out of the playoffs.

51 minutes ago, pakronos said:

well didn't read all the pages, but i will say this...PNG is still unproven with toilet paper wins. due to people and their feelings and rules of the board, i can not comment on the "winning" going on at PNG. the young man at qb is talented. however all "athletic" qb's that LOOK like him are good against less talented teams...well against "JV" teams. rankings mean nothing in h.s. football, but how you get ranked by beating HORRIBLE teams, i don't know lol. still this week showed nothing. well i take that back...it showed either vidor MIGHT be a spoiler and possible playoff contender or central is bad(i doubt) or foreman is going to coach them right out of the playoffs.

I will respond to your comments like this. After watching the teams I have watched, we might be a weaker district than last year. My hope was for PAM to bring the level up, but honestly from what I have seen, thats not happening either. Rah Rahs, are exactly that... Rah, Rahs... I do think Central is poorly coached as well as PAM. I also think they have the most athletes... That does not equate to winning... I was unimpressed with Lumberton last year, even more this year.. That being said, I am unimpressed with PAM as well.. I still think PAM wins the district and Nederland finishes 2nd. As for Vidor, I am just not convinced they are good, much less great.. That offense is hit or miss, and mainly a miss... But spoiler alert, maybe. Its only week 4. Its hard to tell anything. I do know every team in the district needs a ton of work... And I promise, the battle is only uphill the rest of the way. But my last response is this.... I would look in my own back yard before throwing out jabs about other "Athletes".................... Because IMO, nobody is setting the world on fire as of right now........... But a toilet paper win is a toilet paper win........ Do you have any?

3 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I will respond to your comments like this. After watching the teams I have watched, we might be a weaker district than last year. My hope was for PAM to bring the level up, but honestly from what I have seen, thats not happening either. Rah Rahs, are exactly that... Rah, Rahs... I do think Central is poorly coached as well as PAM. I also think they have the most athletes... That does not equate to winning... I was unimpressed with Lumberton last year, even more this year.. That being said, I am unimpressed with PAM as well.. I still think PAM wins the district and Nederland finishes 2nd. As for Vidor, I am just not convinced they are good, much less great.. That offense is hit or miss, and mainly a miss... But spoiler alert, maybe. Its only week 4. Its hard to tell anything. I do know every team in the district needs a ton of work... And I promise, the battle is only uphill the rest of the way. But my last response is this.... I would look in my own back yard before throwing out jabs about other "Athletes".................... Because IMO, nobody is setting the world on fire as of right now........... But a toilet paper win is a toilet paper win........ Do you have any?

Hey um how are you unimpressed when we haven't really played a game yet?  Just asking.

One could say Png isn't impressive due to lack of competition played this year. I wouldn't, but if it was said I couldn't disagree with it. ;)

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hey um how are you unimpressed when we haven't really played a game yet?  Just asking.

One could say Png isn't impressive due to lack of competition played this year. I wouldn't, but if it was said I couldn't disagree with it. ;)

Your missing the point.. I never said PNG has played anyone..........................

3 hours ago, Stattrax said:

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I disagree, for the most part, the last 6 years PNG has been outcoached. Not saying ya'll would've won every year, but Neuman has been key factor in most of those games.

I put the comment in bold.......

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

I do recall scrimmaging WOS and so far still PNG is the only team to score on them toilet paper win is a win just like a 1 point lead is a win 

43 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

ummm believe it or not, i agree with you lol...i have been saying this from day 1 that this is the cupecake district. now yes, for pride reasons, i'm gonna rep my city, but truth of the matter, coaching and placing the better players in the right position is still gonna hold PAM back. IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME ONE BIT IF PAM IS THE 4TH PLACE TEAM OR MISS THE PLAYOFFS. Some say the westside team PAM faced is bigger and faster than ANY team we will face in district, but when i think and look at how Brenham beat the brakes off the same team one week prior, i question how good PAM really is AS A TEAM.

2 minutes ago, pakronos said:

ummm believe it or not, i agree with you lol...i have been saying this from day 1 that this is the cupecake district. now yes, for pride reasons, i'm gonna rep my city, but truth of the matter, coaching and placing the better players in the right position is still gonna hold PAM back. IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME ONE BIT IF PAM IS THE 4TH PLACE TEAM OR MISS THE PLAYOFFS. Some say the westside team PAM faced is bigger and faster than ANY team we will face in district, but when i think and look at how Brenham beat the brakes off the same team one week prior, i question how good PAM really is AS A TEAM.

I blame the lighting, pretty sure I saw Soulja and Dove climbing the poles as I walked in. 

5 minutes ago, PNG2720 said:

I do recall scrimmaging WOS and so far still PNG is the only team to score on them toilet paper win is a win just like a 1 point lead is a win 

AND THIS IS WHY FOOTBALL IS HORRIBLE IN OUR AREA!!! you will be happy and elated to have those soft easy wins and now you are taking a moral victory on a scrimmage to claim success.  you my friend, are a settler...

19 minutes ago, pakronos said:

AND THIS IS WHY FOOTBALL IS HORRIBLE IN OUR AREA!!! you will be happy and elated to have those soft easy wins and now you are taking a moral victory on a scrimmage to claim success.  you my friend, are a settler...

Horrible that's why WOS has state rings,because this area is horrible no moral victory just stating a fact

1 minute ago, PNG2720 said:

Horrible that's why WOS has state rings,because this area is horrible no moral victory just stating a fact

Thats just like those idiots in the SEC who ride Bama jockstrap when they win a national title but their team sitting at home on the couch watching. 

5 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Better not go too far down that road. 11-1 and 5-7 are equal on this board because both teams won only one playoff game, ask around. People here seem to forget that if you can win all the games on your schedule you have a lot better chance of winning the ones that aren't. Here you can lose 42-0 to a 4A squad two classes below you and still be considered a contender in a 5A district.