Splendora 33 Dayton 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

Dayton is fortunate Terio Brown is done for the year. Turner is usually the toughest stadium in the district to play in and if Splendora could run the ball and play defense against Dayton on homecoming like that, you have to think that Humble even a man down can do something similar the way their qb can run. Interesting that Dayton hires "the offensive coach" and proceeds to struggle on offense, completely different team now than the one that was scoring 30 and 40+ in those second round losses the last three years. 

13 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

wow what a shocker, talking about a bad Nederland team, they should have come back and won, missed fieldgoal cost them the game. Dayton sounds like their world just crumbled? Great win for Splendora, prob the upset of the year lol. Anything can happen on Friday night that is for sure!

PNG fans need to take it as a lesson, be careful what you ask for. 

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

PNG fans need to take it as a lesson, be careful what you ask for. 

don't know where you were going with that but we weren't asking for anything, you talk as if NED were horrible, I beg to differ, they should have beaten the Broncos, difference was a missed fg for the win. Isnt good when your starting qb goes down with an injury, you got to have a #2 prepared and ready to go! im not taking this as a lesson upsets happen all the time pal!!!

13 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

don't know where you were going with that but we weren't asking for anything, you talk as if NED were horrible, I beg to differ, they should have beaten the Broncos, difference was a missed fg for the win. Isnt good when your starting qb goes down with an injury, you got to have a #2 prepared and ready to go! im not taking this as a lesson upsets happen all the time pal!!!

Yeah, people putting for sale signs in the head coach's front yard is showing a lot of support. You made my point how bad Ned is, Dayton beat them in Nederland and just lost by two tds on homecoming to a team that's won six games the last three years in 4A. It's not an upset, Splendora was undefeated coming in and is a better football team than Dayton right now. Everybody has hurt qbs, Crosby put 40 on BH with the backup. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yes, and by far the smallest school. They made the cutoff by 7 kids if I'm not mistaken, 1107.

Wow I am truely amazed at this game last night I usually am decent at picking games. You could not have paid me to take SPlendora. 14.2 what about you in all seriousness did you think Dayton would win? Or did you know something we didnt????

14 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Wow I am truely amazed at this game last night I usually am decent at picking games. You could not have paid me to take SPlendora. 14.2 what about you in all seriousness did you think Dayton would win? Or did you know something we didnt????

Not to speak for 14.2 but for me I would not have picked Splendora. I just thought Dayton had more want to and would win on homecoming. However, I did tell Pride yesterday they would need to find a way to stop the Splendora running back. He is having a very good year so far.

4 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Not to speak for 14.2 but for me I would not have picked Splendora. I just thought Dayton had more want to and would win on homecoming. However, I did tell Pride yesterday they would need to find a way to stop the Splendora running back. He is having a very good year so far.

I am just at a loss for words

28 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I thought Dayton was going to blow the doors off Splendora. Under the previous two coaches these are the games Dayton would get 40 just going through he motions. They scored at least 40 in 7 of 11 games last year and if you remember they scored 55 on Nederland with an unsettled qb situation.

They said the previous guy was running the program into the ground, no disrespect to the kids that played their butts off for Splendora, but he would've killed this Dayton squad. Maybe more kids have come out to play and everybody loves the coach more but maybe there was a reason Hancock was the way he was. They went from the perception of their program being driven into the ground over the last five years to it about to be driven off a cliff in three games. 

Thats what happens when you hire the hometown guy, now he's the guy for the foreseeable future because he friends with everybody around town. 

6 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

That kid is nice! Good speed and runs hard and slippery as heck. Having said that he wasn't the only one rolling off nice gains on the ground against my ole Bronx. Splendora looked prepared and really took it to us. The score was way closer than the game IMO. Dayton was dominated on both lines of scrimmage and once again I will say Splendora deserves all the respect in the world for that win. On another note congrats to NC they seem to be rolling.

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I thought Dayton was going to blow the doors off Splendora. Under the previous two coaches these are the games Dayton would get 40 just going through he motions. They scored at least 40 in 7 of 11 games last year and if you remember they scored 55 on Nederland with an unsettled qb situation.

They said the previous guy was running the program into the ground, no disrespect to the kids that played their butts off for Splendora, but he would've killed this Dayton squad. Maybe more kids have come out to play and everybody loves the coach more but maybe there was a reason Hancock was the way he was. They went from the perception of their program being driven into the ground over the last five years to it about to be driven off a cliff in three games. 

I still think Dayton will be formidable based off the talent they have. I guess they definaetly have some stuff to work out

4 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Don't make to many predictions bud unless you just like being wrong, Dayton will get back into the groove you can't predict injuries but you do have to adjust. Maybe y'all worry about Crosby and we will worry about Dayton. 

Wait, we forgot about Dayton's JV.  

8 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Looks quite the opposite.  New Caney is probably a lock, and this opens the door for Humble.  

At this point you can't count out Porter beating Dayton too. They're going to play the same power football Splendora did and Bronco Pride just said they were dominated on both lines of scrimmage. Humble beats Dayton next week and 2-4 the rest of the way would be all they need to do to get in since they would have the tie-breaker over them as long as Porter doesn't make it a three way deal. 

20 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I still think Dayton will be formidable based off the talent they have. I guess they definaetly have some stuff to work out

I don't think the have more talent than Crosby, New Caney or Humble and still have to play all three. We don't know about Porter yet but you would have to say BH would be favored against them too right now. Major game at Turner next week.