Silsbee 20 Jasper 19/FINAL

WOSgrad

After we lost Carroll (SR Mike LB) early 2d qtr I was worried.  Missed assignments have plagued our defense.

Uribe and Sells came up big. Love that style of defense.  

We are used to way more big plays and this ground and pound is reminiscent of the veer days.  Jones and Barnes ever get completely on the same page it could be damaging.

Still would like to see Willie settle down a bit.  Seems.... well I'll leave it for now.

Big second half for C after calming down.  Brooks did what he does best when a player starts spiraling.

#TigerNation

23 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

After we lost Carroll (SR Mike LB) early 2d qtr I was worried.  Missed assignments have plagued our defense.

Uribe and Sells came up big. Love that style of defense.  

We are used to way more big plays and this ground and pound is reminiscent of the veer days.  Jones and Barnes ever get completely on the same page it could be damaging.

Still would like to see Willie settle down a bit.  Seems.... well I'll leave it for now.

Big second half for C after calming down.  Brooks did what he does best when a player starts spiraling.

#TigerNation

Is he passing the ball to anyone else besides Barnes?

This game was tough to watch.  I have no idea how many yards in penalties we had, but I know of at least six 15 yard penalties.  Five chop blocks (4 were Jasper's), 2 or 3 horse collars, and mix in a couple other personal fouls--that was just Jasper's, Silsbee had a few also.  There were numerous holdings, off-sides, illegal man down field, false start, etc.  

Both teams have a lot of work left to get their offenses clicking...who knows what the score would have been without 30 something penalties.  Have to clean that up big time.  Please teach your offensive linemen what a chop block is..that was ridiculous.  

Jasper has way too many weapons to be shutout for the last 3 quarters.  

Jasper running the double wing and single wing??  Guess we are trying to be Newton now.

Jasper defense needs lots of work.  LBs and safeties have got to step up against the run or this will be a one and done kind of year.  

Lots of work to do.  Jasper does get much better as the season progresses and they sure need to our it will be an early exit from the playoffs.

Might I suggest that we run a few plays where we try and get our speed isolated on the outside of the tackle?

A toss sweep? The fake dive and pitch out?  Something..anything to give your speed a chance to do its things. That kid was untouchable in the open field.

Congrats to Silsbee.  That had to feel good to be down 19-0 after 1 quarter and battle back for the win.  Those kids deserved that big win.  Hope it propels you guys to a fine season.  

25 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Basically, a chop block below the waist outside of tackles.  I am sure there is more to it than that, but that is the gist. 

25 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Basically, a chop block below the waist outside of tackles.  I am sure there is more to it than that, but that is the gist. 

That's what I thought just seemed like some were called inside the tackles.  

59 minutes ago, Who That said:

If you think Silsbee won't score any points on W.O.S. your crazy..lol Ask that to the players of the Stangs and see what they haft to say... lol

Just looking for Silsbee to progress like we have done each week. To much to work on, left seven TD's on the field in the last two games. Dropped passes, penalties got to control what we can. Can't leave any TD's on the field against a gifted team like WOS.  We love playing WOS always a fight, no gimme game. TigerNation!!!

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee defense gave up 231 yards rushing, 261 total yards in 1st half.

Silsbee defense gave up just 56 yards rushing, 73 total yards in 2nd half.

Silsbee offense ended with 305 rushing yards, 365 total yards.

stout turnaround looks like somebodies coach knows how to make an adjustment

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I didnt see Tyler's highlights but I did see a #26 alot for Silsbee. 

Tyler took a long break after 1st qtr. Visibly frustrated.  Credit to the young man for being humble enough to relax and I heard one senior giving the offense a dose for not doing their part and letting Tyler try to do it all.

Adonis rotation was excellent and worked well because after half C took it to Jasper.

4 hours ago, Who That said:

If you think Silsbee won't score any points on W.O.S. your crazy..lol Ask that to the players of the Stangs and see what they haft to say... lol

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if we as a community leave this to the players.

Love the enthusiasm but in no place to predict scoring.

Preparation and execution.

5 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Tyler took a long break after 1st qtr. Visibly frustrated.  Credit to the young man for being humble enough to relax and I heard one senior giving the offense a dose for not doing their part and letting Tyler try to do it all.

Adonis rotation was excellent and worked well because after half C took it to Jasper.

Very true!