JV Dayton Broncos vs JV Splendora Wildcats

Bronco94

58 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It's a jv game thread.  Evidently, the Dayton fan is hyped....

………nothing wrong with supporting your team IMO.

With that said Dayton JV wins on the new turf in Splendora, I gotta find pics of the improvements to that facility. 

Splendora and Dayton have had s rivalry ever since little league. We always knew going over there was gonna be an all out brawl. Those that were there remember what I'm talking about, so I know I don't stand alone with my excitement for this game. Although we won the majority of the match ups back then,we knew what kind of game it would be and how the sportsmanship got throwed out the window as the game progressed. So I guess what I'm saying is " been there done that and still got the t-shirt" as always Go Broncos!!!!!

1 hour ago, Boomertool said:

Must be a Dayton parent trying to build up a JV game because their son didn't make varsity

With all due respect Mr. TOOL I think that's a really unfair assessment.  The Varsity for the broncos have 35 seniors.  There are 6 JV kids on the Broncos that they would get playing time on Varsity if not start on Varsity for any other programs.  Yes People in this town are proud of the JV because of the future of these kids.  I do not have a dog in the hunt but what I will tell you is that Ive watched two games and the boys love one another.  They play hard for the coaches and for each other.  They play hard and fast and they don't mind coming up and popping you.  Heck three of the 10th graders actually start on Varsity.  They have played together since 9 yrs of age.  So no sir its not because this mans son didn't make varsity he is excited.  He is excited because of whats to come

I don't think anyone meant disrespect to JV teams when they questioned why a prediction thread is made for a JV game.  It is just in the normal course of business on this board that such threads are usually reserved for the varsity teams.  Is it wrong or prohibited?  Absolutely not.  I know that posting sub varsity scores have become a staple here and yes, such games are important in developing and honing varsity talent.

But that being said,  when there is a bevy of varsity action to discuss please don't take umbrage at those who raise an eyebrow to an invitation to trash talking (which I found prediction threads to encompass most often) about a JV team.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I don't think anyone meant disrespect to JV teams when they questioned why a prediction thread is made for a JV game.  It is just in the normal course of business on this board that such threads are usually reserved for the varsity teams.  Is it wrong or prohibited?  Absolutely not.  I know that posting sub varsity scores have become a staple here and yes, such games are important in developing and honing varsity talent.

But that being said,  when there is a bevy of varsity action to discuss please don't take umbrage at those who raise an eyebrow to an invitation to trash talking (which I found prediction threads to encompass most often) about a JV team.

I wasn't upset at all.  Just trying to bring clarity to the tool.  Read his comments he was throwing a shot.  Now with that being said WOS looks great this year.  As a matter of fact some of that WOS bloodline is in Dayton.  He is a 6'6 10th grader. 

10 hours ago, Boomertool said:

Must be a Dayton parent trying to build up a JV game because their son didn't make varsity

I can guarantee you that is not the case. I know this man personally and can tell you for sure that his son would make and probably start on varsity for most teams in this area. His son is a very solid player and a great member of this jv squad that has been together for years and if people knew who his son was and what he can do on the field they definitely would not say he is just trying to build up jv because his son didn't make varsity. I'm sure one day he will give away who his son is and when people finally see what he can do then they will see why he is so pumped to see his son play every week win or lose. 

And just a side note his son might not be on varsity right now but I'm pretty sure we will be hearing his name on Friday nights very soon and he will shock a lot of people. 

3 hours ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

I can guarantee you that is not the case. I know this man personally and can tell you for sure that his son would make and probably start on varsity for most teams in this area. His son is a very solid player and a great member of this jv squad that has been together for years and if people knew who his son was and what he can do on the field they definitely would not say he is just trying to build up jv because his son didn't make varsity. I'm sure one day he will give away who his son is and when people finally see what he can do then they will see why he is so pumped to see his son play every week win or lose. 

And just a side note his son might not be on varsity right now but I'm pretty sure we will be hearing his name on Friday nights very soon and he will shock a lot of people. 

I absolutely agree with you.  I believe there are a few of those boys whos name will be mentioned on varsity in the near future.  The community is proud of both squads.  I don't have a kid on the team and I went and watched them. 

3 minutes ago, Broncofan78 said:

I absolutely agree with you.  I believe there are a few of those boys whos name will be mentioned on varsity in the near future.  The community is proud of both squads.  I don't have a kid on the team and I went and watched them. 

That's all I'd like for these hard working young men to receive some support and credit, because they showed up every day during the summer to work out and practice and they are the ones that go up against varsity 1st D every day and varsity 1st O every day, and believe me, they are just waiting for that call, and they will be ready for those Friday night lights. But hey, next year we have a bunch of seniors leaving but you know what, that doesn't bother me and a lot of other BRONCO fans because we know what kind of group we got coming next year if not sooner if needed. So every member on here, if I offend anyone on here because of my love for Bronco Football, tough, I bleed purple, in my book there is Only two kind of people in the world, Bronco fans and want-a-be's.

3 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

That's all I'd like for these hard working young men to receive some support and credit, because they showed up every day during the summer to work out and practice and they are the ones that go up against varsity 1st D every day and varsity 1st O every day, and believe me, they are just waiting for that call, and they will be ready for those Friday night lights. But hey, next year we have a bunch of seniors leaving but you know what, that doesn't bother me and a lot of other BRONCO fans because we know what kind of group we got coming next year if not sooner if needed. So every member on here, if I offend anyone on here because of my love for Bronco Football, tough, I bleed purple, in my book there is Only two kind of people in the world, Bronco fans and want-a-be's.

Right on

18 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

Splendora and Dayton have had s rivalry ever since little league. We always knew going over there was gonna be an all out brawl. Those that were there remember what I'm talking about, so I know I don't stand alone with my excitement for this game. Although we won the majority of the match ups back then,we knew what kind of game it would be and how the sportsmanship got throwed out the window as the game progressed. So I guess what I'm saying is " been there done that and still got the t-shirt" as always Go Broncos!!!!!

My son has played with these kids since he was a lil kid.  I actually coached some of those splendora games.  Ive got a chance to see those kids go from little boys to young men and they did it together.  These boys work hard.  They are looking forward to this game also.  Nail, Pike, Lovely, Orebo, Vauter these kids will be ready

5 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

Do you mean like every other program....

Summer workouts....

Facing the Varsity "1st D" lololol why would they go against the 2nd D...

Thanks for the clarification though, good to know that the "1st D" and "1st O" is practicing out there in Dayton. 

Nobody bleeds purple. We all bleed red.

1 hour ago, BananaPants said:

Do you mean like every other program....

Summer workouts....

Facing the Varsity "1st D" lololol why would they go against the 2nd D...

Thanks for the clarification though, good to know that the "1st D" and "1st O" is practicing out there in Dayton. 

Nobody bleeds purple. We all bleed red.

I could tell by your name on here your ignorant. And it doesn't surprise me that you, like most don't understand the bleeding purple terminology, but I'm glad I pulled your chain welcome to SeTx mr. 6 posts.