Bellaire Episcopal 58 Beaumont Ozen 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

Yea, that is true, but I mean Ozen was a new school ,..but like I said Brooks or Louis would should still be the coach today. I would have loved to see what Brooks could have done with more time though , but if I'm choosing between the two I'm picking Louis., I believe with the wins and direction of the program colleges would have came, as well as wins against the MC schools 

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Yea, that is true, but I mean Ozen was a new school ,..but like I said Brooks or Louis would should still be the coach today. I would have loved to see what Brooks could have done with more time though , but if I'm choosing between the two I'm picking Louis., I believe with the wins and direction of the program colleges would have came, as well as wins against the MC schools 

Man, I was in the 10th grade the 1st year of WB so I know the talent that left the Pear and came back.  A.  Louis told me from his own mouth his biggest regret was not paying attention to defense, which Brooks did

13 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

Man, I was in the 10th grade the 1st year of WB so I know the talent that left the Pear and came back.  A.  Louis told me from his own mouth his biggest regret was not paying attention to defense, which Brooks did

I'm from South Park, stayed there thur the 6th grade until I moved to Hale st, in the north end an went to French, So I know the talent on the southside, u don't have to tell me, my son was apart of ozens 2nd graduating class, so I know ....all I'm saying is Either coach would have worked , is just my opinion on Louis, that's all 

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Im sure you dont live here so i dont expect you to understand all of the ins and outs. No one is blaming anyone but sometimes it is what it is. Im a believer if you suit up you gotta go play regardless,but you cant ignore certain things which is why you start at the root of the problem which was some of those in charge. 

I don't live there any longer, but I did go there in 9th grade (little Brook) and Price Elem. Lol

I still believe if the pear orchid would've left their kids at WB or Central, you wouldn't be struggling every year. Don't care what anybody says, two high schools is what Beaumont needs.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

I don't live there any longer, but I did go there in 9th grade (little Brook) and Price Elem. Lol

I still believe if the pear orchid would've left their kids at WB or Central, you wouldn't be struggling every year. Don't care what anybody says, two high schools is what Beaumont needs.

So, the Class of '87 of Central had over 800 graduates.  In '91, they had 290.  Bevil Oaks was suppose to go to Central but they started slipping down Major.

If you can guarantee that doesn't happen again, I would listen to 2 schools.

Of course, my solution would work if they changed where Price/Fehl was zoned.....

It doesn't make sense for SP/Pear Orchard to be bused way out to Amelia.......

41 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

So, the Class of '87 of Central had over 800 graduates.  In '91, they had 290.  Bevil Oaks was suppose to go to Central but they started slipping down Major.

If you can guarantee that doesn't happen again, I would listen to 2 schools.

Of course, my solution would work if they changed where Price/Fehl was zoned.....

It doesn't make sense for SP/Pear Orchard to be bused way out to Amelia.......

Well, I knew all of the Bevil Oaks and Northwest Forest kids for the most part, and they all graduated from Central (88-92). Summer school use to be at Central, i know for a fact. Lol

I never understood Beaumont zoning, but I would think I-10 and 69 be dividing line. Everything East go school HS #1 and everything West go to HS #2. Knock all HS down and build 2 new HS that is more geographical friendly. It will never happen, but should be way to do it.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Well, I knew all of the Bevil Oaks and Northwest Forest kids for the most part, and they all graduated from Central (88-92). Summer school use to be at Central, i know for a fact. Lol

I never understood Beaumont zoning, but I would think I-10 and 69 be dividing line. Everything East go school HS #1 and everything West go to HS #2. Knock all HS down and build 2 new HS that is more geographical friendly. It will never happen, but should be way to do it.

I may be wrong isn't Westbrook already overcrowded and Central already being a big 5A, wouldn't  2highschools make matters worse ? 

14 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I may be wrong isn't Westbrook already overcrowded and Central already being a big 5A, wouldn't  2highschools make matters worse ? 

Yes.......

Here's how I would split BISD.  Keep in mind, the southern most tip crosses Hwy 73.....

My first dividing line would be I-10/US 69 North and South.  Everything west goes to WB.....

My 2nd dividing line would be College St. from I-10 to the Neches.  South of that line would go to Ozen

Also, only kids who are failing that test can transfer.  It must be based on academic failure.  That would balance all 3 schools out

12 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

Yes.......

Here's how I would split BISD.  Keep in mind, the southern most tip crosses Hwy 73.....

My first dividing line would be I-10/US 69 North and South.  Everything west goes to WB.....

My 2nd dividing line would be College St. from I-10 to the Neches.  South of that line would go to Ozen

Also, only kids who are failing that test can transfer.  It must be based on academic failure.  That would balance all 3 schools out

That' much too logical.

Won't fly. ;)

On 8/27/2016 at 11:39 AM, L-Train11 said:

I said last week that ozen looked horrible against Silsbee, of course the normal excuse "it's just a scrimmage", now I can truly say it's gonna be a long year for them

It will take time to rebuild that program from the bottom up. Back when Lumberton was "horrible" it took time to build a program. I remember 2 spanking placed on "The L-Train" by Beaumont Hebert in 1980- 75-6....1981..61-0 those were the only games between the two....Just food for thought when slamming a down program...ijs...Better days and years will come.

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

I don't think so, but I guess folks that still live there think so. When it was only 2 HS, they competed every year and that's when 3 schools went to playoffs. They would both be 6a though.

If Ozen and Central was beating mid county year in and year out, you wouldn't hear anything. Pear Orchid can't stand to lose to mid county. My .02

Ozen will never be Hebert and older folks can't stand that.

27 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I don't think so, but I guess folks that still live there think so. When it was only 2 HS, they competed every year and that's when 3 schools went to playoffs. They would both be 6a though.

If Ozen and Central was beating mid county year in and year out, you wouldn't hear anything. Pear Orchid can't stand to lose to mid county. My .02

Ozen will never be Hebert and older folks can't stand that.

Lol yea, And I wouldn't know I'm in Houston, with 6 different HS to choose from for my youngest (Spring) , but yes BISD has to make changes to there zoning, or Brook will continue to be over crowded and Ozen will stay small 

18 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Lol yea, And I wouldn't know I'm in Houston, with 6 different HS to choose from for my youngest (Spring) , but yes BISD has to make changes to there zoning, or Brook will continue to be over crowded and Ozen will stay small 

I don't know any more then you now. I grew up there and moved when I got a job, but I go visit family and classmates all of the time. Lol

21 hours ago, SFA85 said:

Brooks was 5-1 against MC while Lewis was 0-7.  The killing part was in February, there would be no D-1s down there while AL was putting out 6-9 at a time......

Actually, Brooks was 3-3 for the three years he was there (2002-2004).2-0  the first year, 0-2 the second year and 1-1 the third.

Beaumont Ozen

2002      C              8-2-0         280-154          Thomas Brooks
2003                     6-4-0         234-136          Thomas Brooks
2004    TRI//R           8-4-0         381-229          Thomas Brooks

Nederland                    26    14            W
Port Neches-Groves    41    26            W

Nederland                    13    16           L
Port Neches-Groves    13    14           L

Port Neches-Groves    28    31          L
Nederland                   40    37           W

6 hours ago, bigdog said:

Actually, Brooks was 3-3 for the three years he was there (2002-2004).2-0  the first year, 0-2 the second year and 1-1 the third.

Beaumont Ozen

2002      C              8-2-0         280-154          Thomas Brooks
2003                     6-4-0         234-136          Thomas Brooks
2004    TRI//R           8-4-0         381-229          Thomas Brooks

Nederland                    26    14            W
Port Neches-Groves    41    26            W

Nederland                    13    16           L
Port Neches-Groves    13    14           L

Port Neches-Groves    28    31          L
Nederland                   40    37           W

Okay Mr. Well Actually.  Bottom line is, Brooks was the better coach hands down.......