Bellaire Episcopal 58 Beaumont Ozen 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

34 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Just made it home from the Butch watching the Panthers & we were tackled by Episcopal players in my driveway. Lol  

Hang in there Panthers, our Family will be there to support under All circumstances.

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while. BigCam can always help keep things in perspective. Like Cam said, hang in there.  

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Don't feel bad for them, that's what they wanted.  Beaumont should only have 2 high schools, both 6A...

LoL, what "They" really "WANTED" was 1982 to never happen the closing of HEBERT HIGH SCHOOL....In retrospect we wouldnt be having a conversation like this. Some call it progress but so much has been lost besides football victories. Sorry I know this isnt the forum for this debate. Back on Ozen football...A running clock omg....Curious will they have a running clock next week or will they (WestBrook) score at will until the clock says :00 ???

Ok Ozen lost its just a game,the kids took a butt whipping which is what happens when you dont come to play . But if my memory is correct  a lot of teams from the area took it on the chin a number of ways last night NEDERLAND,VIDOR,SILSBEE. All the this what they wanted and bs jokes is cool . But ask yourself there isnt but one team in this area that has a chance to win a ship and thats WOS. I hear a lot of you talking about what these teams will do and most won't make it out the 2nd rd. After years of mediocre football coaches Ozen finally has one that cares about the kids and not using it as a stepping stone. It will take time for the program to return to form i have faith as im sure other Panther fans do as well. 

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Ok Ozen lost its just a game,tis dones took a bwin olwhipping which is what happens when you dont come to play . But if my memory is correct  a lot of teams from the area took it on the chin a number of ways last night NEDERLAND,VIDOR,SILSBEE. All the this what they wanted and bs jokes is cool . But ask yourself there isnt but one team in this area that has a chance to win a ship and thats WOS. I hear a lot of you talking about what these teams will do and most won't make it out the 2nd rd. After years of mediocre football coaches Ozen finally has one that cares about the kids and not using it as a stepping stone. It will take time for the program to return to form i have faith as im sure other Panther fans do as well. 

Agreed I was 1 of the so say by a few, 100 fans that showed up.I support the school and will continue to do so win or lose.Give the coach time to build back up what some have torn down. They need a lot of work, but as you said beyond WOS everyone else will be bouncing balls by week two after the regular season is done.

Yep, it's one game and if memory serves, Ozen lost an opener by a similar score to Memorial two years ago; a Titan team that ended up not being very good.  The team Ozen lost to today is a juggernaut that would probably obliterate most of the teams in SETX.  

Seasons are not made or lost in Week 1...

6 hours ago, JustUs said:

LoL, what "They" really "WANTED" was 1982 to never happen the closing of HEBERT HIGH SCHOOL....In retrospect we wouldnt be having a conversation like this. Some call it progress but so much has been lost besides football victories. Sorry I know this isnt the forum for this debate. Back on Ozen football...A running clock omg....Curious will they have a running clock next week or will they (WestBrook) score at will until the clock says :00 ???

I can't talk about anything from 1982 because I was 5 years old then.  Not trying to debate with you, just expressing my thoughts, this is an open forum. 

I understand that the coach has only been with his kids for only a few weeks.  So playing a team that was stacked like that didn't make much sense.   A few posts on this site have talked around the subject of why Ozen is 5A but should be 4A.  Who made the decision for them to stay 5A?  Was is Suggs?  Was it the AD?  If so why?  My coworker told me that the BISD petitioned for them to stay 5A and that Ozen actually has 4A numbers.  Sounds like those kids over there are getting a raw deal.  And it seems like no one wants to stand up for the kids, but if it was a coach not getting the job done, everyone would be putting their 2 cents in to get rid of him.  smh