Say what Q-Tip?

PhatMack19

52 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Wonder how many of those jobs are gov jobs (an actual negative) and how many are minimum wage, if, as stevenash pointed out, the numbers are even accurate.

As long as there is a Taco Bell, Popeye's, Wendy's, and a Super WalMart in your town, your economy and unemployment should be fine. No worries.

28 minutes ago, baddog said:

As long as there is a Taco Bell, Popeye's, Wendy's, and a Super WalMart in your town, your economy and unemployment should be fine. No worries.

Those establishments are where many hard working coal industry employees are probably working now due to the great "job creation" of this regime.

But hey, a job is a job, right...looks good on a chart.

I am looking at a chart as I write this but don't know how to post it since it is not internet based.  It was given to me in a booklet that I received when in Chicago in August and listening to a widely known and pretty well respected economist.  The chart has two lines on it.  One represents goods producing jobs and the other represents Government jobs.  It goes back to 1985 where it began with the Goods producing jobs well above the Government jobs. They crossed each other in about 2008 or 2009 ( cant be more specific because the years are only identified every five years ( 1985, 1990, 1995,2000,2005,2010,2015)  The government jobs line is approximately 205 higher than the good producing jobs line as  of 2015.

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You can't argue with people that are so stuck in their own reality. I stop along time ago. You'll learn to also NT

Would you care to elaborate who, in your opinion, is stuck in their own reality? And please describe what you mean by "stuck in their own reality" using examples of their "own" reality versus "true" reality. And also touch on how you have become enlightened enough to see this "true" reality when many of your posts presented on this forum clearly indicate the opposite. I have a feeling this question will go unanswered just as the many before.

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Would you care to elaborate who, in your own opinion, is stuck in their own reality? And please describe what you mean by "stuck in their own reality" using examples of their "own" reality versus "true" reality. And also touch on how you have become enlightened enough to see this "true" reality when many of your posts presented on this forum show clearly indicate the opposite. I have a feeling this question will go unanswered just as the many before.

They cannot stand the facts when put right in front of their faces.

5 hours ago, new tobie said:

And im tired of some of the rhetoric that you guys preach all the time also. Maybe you need to learn something about people that are not like you before you make asinine uneducated comments

Why don't you call out some of the "rhetoric" with retorts disproving them. Just writing baseless comments gets so tiresome...to the point it's almost predictable. I can and will back up my statements. I can't recall you ever backing up a statement. In fact, you fail to answer half of the questions presented to you. When you do reply, most of the time your answer has nothing to do with the question but just a statement calling all on here far right zealots. If you are so tired of it, show us how we are wrong. I have a feeling if you could you would. I sure won't be holding my breath waiting for an insightful reply.

I really honestly lost all hope of discussing politics on this board. I reply to threads just to pull feathers when boredom strikes. I don't have the answers to a lot of things same as the next guy and having a conservative or liberal views on things do not make you more enlightened then the next.

We don't have reasonable debates on this board haven't in a very long time. It's just My view is the right way and yours is wrong. I don't care if my representatives congressman senator or president have a d or r infront their name. I just don't. I'm only 24 but I'm smart enough to see things for what they are. I have no party affiliation of any kind I only claim Jesus. Im all for helping others who need help. I'm for Peace I'm for mankind. 

I use to think wow how can people not be into politics. The more I learn the more I see. Politicians are politicians and that's all they're ever going to be.

if I say anything some will agree because it's the liberal thing to agree and some will disagree because it's the conservative thing to do. It gets old after awhile. 

If any of you honestly believe that being a liberal or conservative makes one automatically evil a robot a koolaid drinker etc. you might want to leave politics along. 

6 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I really honestly lost all hope of discussing politics on this board. I reply to threads just to pull feathers when boredom strikes. I don't have the answers to a lot of things same as the next guy and having a conservative or liberal views on things do not make you more enlightened then the next.

We don't have reasonable debates on this board haven't in a very long time. It's just My view is the right way and yours is wrong. I don't care if my representatives congressman senator or president have a d or r infront their name. I just don't. I'm only 24 but I'm smart enough to see things for what they are. I have no party affiliation of any kind I only claim Jesus. Im all for helping others who need help. I'm for Peace I'm for mankind. 

I use to think wow how can people not be into politics. The more I learn the more I see. Politicians are politicians and that's all they're ever going to be.

if I say anything some will agree because it's the liberal thing to agree and some will disagree because it's the conservative thing to do. It gets old after awhile. 

If any of you honestly believe that being a liberal or conservative makes one automatically evil a robot a koolaid drinker etc. you might want to leave politics along. 

Who is this directed to? It doesn't seem to describe anyone on this board. I can only assume it is a conglomeration of the twisted view you seem to have for many on here.

And you have lost all hope of discussing politics? Really? I can only recall a view posts you have made that resembles any attempt to discuss a topic. When you do, someone retorts your post and you go off on a tangent (though not nearly as bad as new tobie). And if you reply to threads just to pull feathers as you say, then you are the definition of why topics are not discussed.

39 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I am also for helping others who need help.   The question then becomes, should I give this needy individual a fish or should I help him learn how to fish?

4 hours ago, Englebert said:

Who is this directed to? It doesn't seem to describe anyone on this board. I can only assume it is a conglomeration of the twisted view you seem to have for many on here.

And you have lost all hope of discussing politics? Really? I can only recall a view posts you have made that resembles any attempt to discuss a topic. When you do, someone retorts your post and you go off on a tangent (though not nearly as bad as new tobie). And if you reply to threads just to pull feathers as you say, then you are the definition of why topics are not discussed.

You got me confused with another poster maybe 

Possibly. I might be somewhat lumping a few of y'all together based on similar responses in the past. But I stand by my post. I've seen you ignore questions asking you to elaborate on your posts, and I've seen you change subjects on topics when confronted. I would say not to the extent of new tobie and even nappy roots, but similar in style. I won't dare try to equate you with Big Girl though.

I'm all for discussing topics. And I don't mind you taking pot shots at Conservatives, whites, rednecks, are any other person/group. But when you do, be prepared to back up your statements when challenged. You don't have to be "right", but you should be able to articulate your basis for that way of thinking. I will then respond, sometimes with a pot shot, and will be prepared to state why I have my point of view. Running away from the question(s) or changing the subject does not constitute a discussion and is getting very tiresome.

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

I am also for helping others who need help.   The question then becomes, should I give this needy individual a fish or should I help him learn how to fish?

Based on my last few pathetic fishing attempts, you probably need to help me learn how to fish :) 

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I always attempt to reply to questions directed at me. But when it gets to this. It's no use. 

You've ignored some of my questions...which never reached the point of this... (Not nearly as many as new tobie). And these were one's where I quoted you, so the "I didn't see it" excuse doesn't fly", which you used on several occasions. I will admit that you and nappyroots have replied to most of the questions posed by board members, but y'all seem to vanish on some (which is not one or two), especially when the quote was stereotyping.

4 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I always attempt to reply to questions directed at me. But when it gets to this. It's no use. 

When it gets to what...that we continue to point out that welfare is a dismal failure, the war on poverty is a dismal failure, that obamacare is a dismal failure?

Correct us if we're wrong, but the evidence show us to be right.

Let's hear the debate...show us where we are wrong and gov is a better answer for our problems than the private sector.

7 hours ago, Englebert said:

You've ignored some of my questions...which never reached the point of this... (Not nearly as many as new tobie). And these were one's where I quoted you, so the "I didn't see it" excuse doesn't fly", which you used on several occasions. I will admit that you and nappyroots have replied to most of the questions posed by board members, but y'all seem to vanish on some (which is not one or two), especially when the quote was stereotyping.

I've stated many times I'm no spokesman for any group. So asking how I feel about a group of people rioting or the police or something a democratic did will have no reply. 

To be fair I never ask any of you how you feel about this or that. 

I'll try my best to debate you on any subject you want. "That's directed at everyone." Just never assume what my position is...

So have at it......

3 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I've stated many times I'm no spokesman for any group. So asking how I feel about a group of people rioting or the police or something a democratic did will have no reply. 

To be fair I never ask any of you how you feel about this or that. 

I'll try my best to debate you on any subject you want. "That's directed at everyone." Just never assume what my position is...

So have at it......

That is not what I was referring to. You have made sweeping statements directed at Trump, white people, SouthEast Texas people, Republicans in general (I'm not going to go back and look for exact quotes). And when you get challenged to give evidence for these types of statements, you have ignored them. Then you turn around and try to say we can't have a debate on this forum. You, nappyroots and new tobie have all been guilty of this, though new tobie is worse. I don't know about Big Girl because I don't read her comments (sometimes I accidently read them before I look at the name, then realize I don't need to look at the name to know the author). All I'm saying is if you take a pot shot or make a generalized statement, be prepared to back it up. That's how discussions work.

3 hours ago, Englebert said:

That is not what I was referring to. You have made sweeping statements directed at Trump, white people, SouthEast Texas people, Republicans in general (I'm not going to go back and look for exact quotes). And when you get challenged to give evidence for these types of statements, you have ignored them. Then you turn around and try to say we can't have a debate on this forum. You, nappyroots and new tobie have all been guilty of this, though new tobie is worse. I don't know about Big Girl because I don't read her comments (sometimes I accidently read them before I look at the name, then realize I don't need to look at the name to know the author). All I'm saying is if you take a pot shot or make a generalized statement, be prepared to back it up. That's how discussions work.

Ok you either lying or have me confused. Nash rep LRF 77 bd anyone tell him he got me confused with another poster....Unless when I say typical setx (but that's just fact setx pretty conservative)

3 hours ago, Englebert said:

Post like this make my point you have no idea what you're talking bout acusing others of doing exactly what you just did. Make a statement with no facts to back it up. Oh you don't have the time to find them smh. Again I have nothing to dodge because for the 100 time I am afiliated with no political group.

8 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Post like this make my point you have no idea what you're talking bout acusing others of doing exactly what you just did. Make a statement with no facts to back it up. Oh you don't have the time to find them smh. Again I have nothing to dodge because for the 100 time I am afiliated with no political group.

PamFam- Along that same subject line, please take the last ten or twenty pages of posts on this board and give me a concrete example of racism being practiced by one of the posters ( unless, of course, you are suggesting/insisting that you have never made any statement/inference about racism within those twenty pages)

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

PamFam- Along that same subject line, please take the last ten or twenty pages of posts on this board and give me a concrete example of racism being practiced by one of the posters ( unless, of course, you are suggesting/insisting that you have never made any statement/inference about racism within those twenty pages)

go find a post I made ..