Porter @ Lumberton

31 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

wait is this game being played at lumberton,if so the new turf should give them the win,thats why the train is so fired up this year,and vidor gets a score board bigger than the cowboys so its gonna make that board go crazy who ever is playing in vidor.lol,just had to do it!

Yep played here in Lumberton 

On 8/20/2016 at 3:50 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

To start at QB as a 9th grader in 5A, you are either incredibly gifted and talented or the pickins were pretty slim at QB. Which was it?  

Started @Qb as a freshmen,don't have fresh yr stats.Stats for soph/jr yr=3,446 pass yds 31 tds 15 ints,how is that?Defense been the problem in the past

4 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

who started as freshmen,for which team?

Been alot of them in 21-5a,here is a few that started,this ring your bell Juan Carranco Dayt 9/9 fgs &100% xtra pts as a freshmen,sr @Lamar U,Terrance Manning Dayt sr Nose 6'2 340,Walter twins from Crosby + Netherley,Terio Brown sr rb@Humble,Jake Hall sr qb Porter.Many others to many to list

Porter has a new coach, KP's old coach, and is about 400 kids shy of doubling Lumberton's enrollment. They used to be terrible. I would imagine they still struggle with most of the teams in the district but probably not a team like Lumberton where they'll have every advantage. Will most likely be a tight game but if I had to bet I would take Porter.

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Porter has a new coach, KP's old coach, and is about 400 kids shy of doubling Lumberton's enrollment. They used to be terrible. I would imagine they still struggle with most of the teams in the district but probably not a team like Lumberton where they'll have every advantage. Will most likely be a tight game but if I had to bet I would take Porter.

Every advantage? 

2 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Every advantage? 

He's talking about Porter being Bigger, Stronger and Faster than the Raiders. Probably also saying that they are better coached, better off-season program, better gene pool, better looking girlfriends, etc, etc.  All of this because they are West of the Trinity. 

13 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Every advantage? 

I guess not every advantage, the game is at Lumberton. I'm not saying they're going to win, they have a new head coach and I'm sure it'll take a while for the kids to be able to execute his system the way he would like. You can argue that before he took the New Caney admin. job coach Holley was the second best coach in 21-5A, he beat an undefeated CE King and turned around and knocked off Ned as the 4th place team later that year. He'll have those same type of athletes at Porter which is less than 8 miles from KP.

Lumberton runs an offense that's easy to defend after watching a little tape and defense is where coach Holley will probably make his mark the earliest. He's probably going to try to win games at the line of scrimmage until he lines things out, problem for Lumberton is that is exactly where they struggle.   

12 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

He's talking about Porter being Bigger, Stronger and Faster than the Raiders. Probably also saying that they are better coached, better off-season program, better gene pool, better looking girlfriends, etc, etc.  All of this because they are West of the Trinity. 

I know you were being facetious but that about covers it. We played both teams in a two week time span last year, we beat Porter by 28 and we beat Lumberton by 29. I actually got to look at what both teams put on the field.  It is what it is, Lumberton is a small 5A that can put a scrappy team on the field sometime and is coached by the hometown guy. Porter is a future 6A if they don't build another school and will have about 2000 kids next alignment. Throw all of that out and just go strictly off coaching prowess though, you have to give the advantage to Porter.   

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

I think Chumperton loses this game.. Anyone in for a dinner bet? 

You know by picking Porter to win, you now have given up the right to say "Big deal. You beat Porter.  You were supposed to beat Porter." whenever Lumberton wins.  Right?  I expect a polite, sincere, congratulatory statement after we pull off the upset.

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

You know by picking Porter to win, you now have given up the right to say "Big deal. You beat Porter.  You were supposed to beat Porter." whenever Lumberton wins.  Right?  I expect a polite, sincere, congratulatory statement after we pull off the upset.

Never!!!!

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I know you were being facetious but that about covers it. We played both teams in a two week time span last year, we beat Porter by 28 and we beat Lumberton by 29. I actually got to look at what both teams put on the field.  It is what it is, Lumberton is a small 5A that can put a scrappy team on the field sometime and is coached by the hometown guy. Porter is a future 6A if they don't build another school and will have about 2000 kids next alignment. Throw all of that out and just go strictly off coaching prowess though, you have to give the advantage to Porter.   

I agree with you about Lumberton, we've been anything but consistent. Hopefully that can change in these coming years.

Porter has three  Sophomores starting offensive line all are good but inexperienced pups. I've seen the strength boards at Porter they will not be anywhere close to Lumberton physically in the trenches this season. 

Defensive line for Porter is weak and LBs are average. If Lumberton holds down Carlos Norman and Shane Carney thats ball game. Lumberton wins 28-21 and porter gives up at least 3 turnovers.