Porter @ Lumberton

6 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

42-14 Ltrain rolls porter 

I remember Porter having some athletes when I watched them a few years ago. If they get loose a couple times, this prediction could be spot on.  Offensively, I'd like to think we would score like this but the offense is young. May take a couple weeks to hit our stride. I'll say 36-13

2 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

True this. I look for Jake to have a good year if he is given time to throw the ball. I guarantee a lot of teams would like to have him running their offense.

To start at QB as a 9th grader in 5A, you are either incredibly gifted and talented or the pickins were pretty slim at QB. Which was it?  

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

To start at QB as a 9th grader in 5A, you are either incredibly gifted and talented or the pickins were pretty slim at QB. Which was it?  

I would say that it was a combination of both. He is gifted, but would he have started on most 5A teams, I do not believe he would. Beyond that, he is now a very experienced QB with 30 games behind him. I believe he threw for over 2000 yards last year in the old Coach's spread offense. Coach Holley will utilize his abilities this year, and Porter will score, just not sure they can stop the other team from scoring more.

45 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I would say that it was a combination of both. He is gifted, but would he have started on most 5A teams, I do not believe he would. Beyond that, he is now a very experienced QB with 30 games behind him. I believe he threw for over 2000 yards last year in the old Coach's spread offense. Coach Holley will utilize his abilities this year, and Porter will score, just not sure they can stop the other team from scoring more.

Interesting

5 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

True this. I look for Jake to have a good year if he is given time to throw the ball. I guarantee a lot of teams would like to have him running their offense.

Porter had a very good freshmen team cpl yrs ago,should get some help now w/that group of jrs

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

As opposed to if we win, y'all won't have anything to say?  I expect the same amount of hot air either way. :)

Its expected that this will be a W, anything less then we might have to let Stattrax out of his room lol