Democratic National Convention

Hagar

4 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I have never heard of how any ex-presidents vote, so I couldn't answer that question.

I'm not sure what you are driving at. If you are trying to bash Trump by making this statement, then I agree with you. I would have a hard time voting for Trump after he bashed my family. Trump didn't bash my family and I'm still having a hard time voting for him. I'm voting for him only because the alternative will be predictably and unequivocally a disaster. Pointing out that Trump is an a-hole doesn't make a Hillary presidency and more desirable. 

He's everthing that hillary is, just isn't married to an ex president that had a great economy when in office

2 minutes ago, Englebert said:

He's a vile, petty, thin-skinned, arrogant man. But he doesn't even come close to pinnacle of contempt that Hillary deserves.

If I didn't know better I would think that you disliked Hillary more than obama. But Obama's pigmentation.........should have taken after his momma

6 minutes ago, new tobie said:

If I didn't know better I would think that you disliked Hillary more than obama. But Obama's pigmentation.........should have taken after his momma

I get called a racist on a daily basis, so attempts like this one doesn't bother me. In fact, it's very sophomoric and unimaginative.

And no you don't know better. I fear a Hillary presidency will be just as bad as Obama's, probably worse. I will have to wait to see her presidential platform to find out which I despise more. Both are elitists that think they should tell you the best way to run your own life, thus my contempt for them. But you will just blame it on pigmentation.

6 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I get called a racist on a daily basis, so attempts like this one doesn't bother me. In fact, it's very sophomoric and unimaginative.

And no you don't know better. I fear a Hillary presidency will be just as bad as Obama's, probably worse. I will have to wait to see her presidential platform to find out which I despise more. Both are elitists that think they should tell you the best way to run your own life, thus my contempt for them. But you will just blame it on pigmentation.

A Trump presidency would be worst than what W left behind to be cleaned up

21 minutes ago, new tobie said:

A Trump presidency would be worst than what W left behind to be cleaned up

Possibly, if he gets strapped with a Democrat congress like W got.

If he gets lucky and gets a Republican congress, he could very well be one of the best presidents in U.S. history.

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

Tobie- Lets go over this ( for the umpteenth time)  The economic decline to which you refer was caused by the sub prime mortgage crisis.  Read up a little on the Community Reinvestment Act.  Here are a couple of items that might interest you.  The left insisted that our economy should become more "inclusive" and part of that inclusiveness was making a home more affordable for the less fortunate.  That certainly is a noble objective.  But the methods to achieve that end weren't very noble and cannot be credited to the Bush Administration.  Credit standards were lowered drastically as were requirements for down payments (other wise known as "skin in the game")  We woke up one day and realized that many thousands of people had purchased homes with no money down and without a verifiable ability to pay their obligations.  Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ( two quasi government organizations) buy and own the vast majority of mortgages in this country.    In 1992, there was a "rule" put in place that 30% of the mortgages bought by Fannie and Freddie had to be mortgages that were given to low income families.  That was soon raised to 40% and, by 2004, it was raised to 50%..  Your crowd LOVES to blame the Bush administration and Wall Street for what happened.  When the crash came to be, 76% of the sub prime mortgages were held by Fannie and Freddie and 24% by Wall Street.  How does that become the fault of Wall Street?  How does the Community Reinvestment act and its ramifications become the fault of Bush?

Here is a good article about the govt bailout/takeover of Fannie & Freddie.  Once the govt figured out how profitable they were, they changed the bailout and refuse to let them out.

This is the hidden content, please

7 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Like I said, do some research into what caused the nosedive...the Bush administration was actually sounding the alarm about it.

But answer the question, why haven't the policies of this administration been successful?

Try to leave Trump and Cheney and Bush and any other Republican out of your answer, if possible.

if they were that bad Trump would be a shoe in, but he can't even get endorsed by his own party leaders because he's too busy trashing their families, minorities and women.

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

if they were that bad Trump would be a shoe in, but he can't even get endorsed by his own party leaders because he's too busy trashing their families, minorities and women.

Trump is even or leading in the polls right now and he has spent nothing compared to Hillary......THAT should scare you......

5 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Trump is even or leading in the polls right now and he has spent nothing compared to Hillary......THAT should scare you......

Also suggests that Trump is a better steward of operational funds than his opponent.  Might be able to use some of that stewardship in the Federal Government

5 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

And you may be right as well

At least four times in his life he hasn't. Would you use an investment firm for your money that has been bankrupt four times. If they just wanted a rich business man to run they should have asked michael bloomberg.

3 minutes ago, new tobie said:

At least four times in his life he hasn't. Would you use an investment firm for your money that has been bankrupt four times. If they just wanted a rich business man to run they should have asked michael bloomberg.

Show me where Mr. Trump filed personal bankruptcy.  It is very easy to avoid bankruptcy when you are using tax payer funds.  U.S. Postal Service is a good example.   Loses unbelieveable amounts every year while UPS and FEDEX manage to operate profitably and responsibly.  They, of course, cant issue check after check ( funded by taxpayers and more debt) to continue the ever growing losses.

5 hours ago, new tobie said:

I have more of a problem with his Muslim background than the color of his skin.  If he had done a better job at playing POTUS, it would not have mattered what skin color he has.  Being the first African-American prez, will be his legacy.  It will overshadow the fact he was also the worst.