Democratic National Convention

Hagar

2 hours ago, new tobie said:

First of all the nosedive doesn't just stop. Thats why Mr Trump chooses to go bankrupt and get a fresh start. The Dick Cheney war machine is still costing us.

It has. Read some reputable sites. Fox news isnt onebof them. If you don't think things are better then you are in denial 

14 hours ago, Englebert said:

No Republican candidate has a chance to get the minority vote. They can only hope to get a small percentage. Why minorities vote monolithically is a mystery to me. The Democrats know they have the minority vote in their pocket no matter what they do.

That is a stupid question.

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I agree with you guys.  Nothing is free.  Not college, not welfare, not wars, not walls, etc.  Who was the last president who made sure there was more than enough income to cover the country's budget?

I think it was one who had a congress demanding that costs be kept in check

14 hours ago, westend1 said:

I'll give you a comment on the fence.  it will never happen, and if it did, after billions of dollars, it wouldn't be effective..  How much would you charge as a rancher from south Texas to be cut off from the river?    That is part of the cost

Lol

On 7/25/2016 at 9:41 PM, baddog said:

Why turn it around? Look at this for what it is. Hypocrisy at it's finest. We are told that we have to let illegals come across our borders while we also have to sustain an invasion of refugees that will be filled with terrorists because this is what our nation stands for. But when the same people that are telling us not to be prejudiced hold a convention, they throw up a fence to keep undesirables out. Isn't that the biggest double cross you have ever heard of?

You sound insane 

3 hours ago, new tobie said:

In 2007 the economy was in the toilet. Republican decisions created years 2008 -2016. If 2008-2016 were that bad, 2016-2020 would be a lock for pubs. A year ago no one would have believed that Trump would outsmart the whole pub establishment.

Tobie- Lets go over this ( for the umpteenth time)  The economic decline to which you refer was caused by the sub prime mortgage crisis.  Read up a little on the Community Reinvestment Act.  Here are a couple of items that might interest you.  The left insisted that our economy should become more "inclusive" and part of that inclusiveness was making a home more affordable for the less fortunate.  That certainly is a noble objective.  But the methods to achieve that end weren't very noble and cannot be credited to the Bush Administration.  Credit standards were lowered drastically as were requirements for down payments (other wise known as "skin in the game")  We woke up one day and realized that many thousands of people had purchased homes with no money down and without a verifiable ability to pay their obligations.  Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ( two quasi government organizations) buy and own the vast majority of mortgages in this country.    In 1992, there was a "rule" put in place that 30% of the mortgages bought by Fannie and Freddie had to be mortgages that were given to low income families.  That was soon raised to 40% and, by 2004, it was raised to 50%..  Your crowd LOVES to blame the Bush administration and Wall Street for what happened.  When the crash came to be, 76% of the sub prime mortgages were held by Fannie and Freddie and 24% by Wall Street.  How does that become the fault of Wall Street?  How does the Community Reinvestment act and its ramifications become the fault of Bush?

24 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Tobie- Lets go over this ( for the umpteenth time)  The economic decline to which you refer was caused by the sub prime mortgage crisis.  Read up a little on the Community Reinvestment Act.  Here are a couple of items that might interest you.  The left insisted that our economy should become more "inclusive" and part of that inclusiveness was making a home more affordable for the less fortunate.  That certainly is a noble objective.  But the methods to achieve that end weren't very noble and cannot be credited to the Bush Administration.  Credit standards were lowered drastically as were requirements for down payments (other wise known as "skin in the game")  We woke up one day and realized that many thousands of people had purchased homes with no money down and without a verifiable ability to pay their obligations.  Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ( two quasi government organizations) buy and own the vast majority of mortgages in this country.    In 1992, there was a "rule" put in place that 30% of the mortgages bought by Fannie and Freddie had to be mortgages that were given to low income families.  That was soon raised to 40% and, by 2004, it was raised to 50%..  Your crowd LOVES to blame the Bush administration and Wall Street for what happened.  When the crash came to be, 76% of the sub prime mortgages were held by Fannie and Freddie and 24% by Wall Street.  How does that become the fault of Wall Street?  How does the Community Reinvestment act and its ramifications become the fault of Bush?

Way over the heads of the left with that post

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I'm just trying to figure out how to get my income under $125k a year so my kids can get free college..... 

STOP working.  STOP being productive.  Why not accept the "cradle to grave nanny state" mentality?  After all, it appears that a goodly portion of this country believes that the government truly knows better than you what is good for you.

If you think there's no bias in the media, read this.  The mainstream media crucified the RNC for using a mothers grief.   Now the DNC is parading a huge list of mothers whose sons (criminals) were killed in justified shootings.   Btw, to my knowledge, not a single relative of any of the Police gunned down in cold blood was invited to speak.

This is the hidden content, please

13 hours ago, Englebert said:

I don't know. Anyone that falls for the crap he was spewing has to be weak minded and easily led by the nose. Hopefully they will stay home when it's time for the adults to vote.

What about the two ex presidents and ex governor that decide not to vote for the republican candidate. Actually all four ex president will not be voting republican

7 minutes ago, new tobie said:

What about the two ex presidents and ex governor that decide not to vote for the republican candidate. Actually all four ex president will not be voting republican

What about them? If they want to stay home on election day, that's their choice. If they plan on voting Democrat then I hope they stay home.

Are you trying to say that since Bush, who the Left painted as such a terrible president because he was so stupid, will further show his stupidity by voting Democrat this year?

32 minutes ago, stevenash said:

STOP working.  STOP being productive.  Why not accept the "cradle to grave nanny state" mentality?  After all, it appears that a goodly portion of this country believes that the government truly knows better than you what is good for you.

That sounds like the BLM crowd.  I guess protesting is their job.

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Reagan and Clinton both were willing to reach across the aisle -  I believe its called leadership over ideology

Clinton shut down the government twice before he realized he couldn't further his wild spending. Only then did he reach across the aisle. At least he finally did, after some strong arm twisting by Gingrich.

43 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Clinton shut down the government twice before he realized he couldn't further his wild spending. Only then did he reach across the aisle. At least he finally did, after some strong arm twisting by Gingrich.

Clinton was dragged across that isle, kicking and screaming...but, as you and stevenash point out, even he realized there was a time for compromise.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

What about them? If they want to stay home on election day, that's their choice. If they plan on voting Democrat then I hope they stay home.

Are you trying to say that since Bush, who the Left painted as such a terrible president because he was so stupid, will further show his stupidity by voting Democrat this year?

Never said bush would be voting democrat, but when have you ever seen two ex presidents not vote their party.

I have never heard of how any ex-presidents vote, so I couldn't answer that question.

I'm not sure what you are driving at. If you are trying to bash Trump by making this statement, then I agree with you. I would have a hard time voting for Trump after he bashed my family. Trump didn't bash my family and I'm still having a hard time voting for him. I'm voting for him only because the alternative will be predictably and unequivocally a disaster. Pointing out that Trump is an a-hole doesn't make a Hillary presidency and more desirable.