Democratic National Convention

Hagar

19 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I don't know. Anyone that falls for the crap he was spewing has to be weak minded and easily led by the nose. Hopefully they will stay home when it's time for the adults to vote.

I tried to watch Bernie speaking but the screen on my TV kept rolling to the left, so I cut it off.

23 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Do the folks that do the Electoral Votes have to show an ID? :) 

What's strange, I've been ask to show an ID every time I've voted for the last 48 years.

One would assume!  Although there is a lot more attention on their votes than yours and mine.  I've never been a big fan of the system, although I do understand it gives the smaller states a little more voice.  I just don't particularly agree that they should have their voice amplified just because of their population.  

What is amazing to me is how the very few things Trump has concretely stated (as opposed to him "making America great again" and how he'll be "terrific") he would do are very expensive, government expanding propositions (I.e., building the wall, deporting millions, etc.).  All the while, he plans on cutting taxes for the wealthy.  Sounds economical to me.  :/

Your best bet would have been for Kasich to have take little Donnie's offer to be his running mate and be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.   Not sure what that would have left the Donald to do other than "making America great again."

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I'm flipping back and forth between the Astros and this sh*t show.  You can't even hear the speakers talk over the chants from the crowd.  Are they having Audio issues or is it my tv?

Not everyone can have such distinguished statesmen speak on Day 1 of their convention like the Duck Dynasty dude and Chachi Arcola...

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Not everyone can have such distinguished statesmen speak on Day 1 of their convention like the Duck Dynasty dude and Chachi Arcola...

I'm just trying to figure out how to get my income under $125k a year so my kids can get free college..... 

3 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I'm just trying to figure out how to get my income under $125k a year so my kids can get free college..... 

Start a bunch of companies, get some investors, borrow a crapload of money, and then file for bankruptcy.  Seems to be a good blueprint.  You might even gain enough notariety to win a nomination for President...

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

What is amazing to me is how the very few things Trump has concretely stated (as opposed to him "making America great again" and how he'll be "terrific") he would do are very expensive, government expanding propositions (I.e., building the wall, deporting millions, etc.).  All the while, he plans on cutting taxes for the wealthy.  Sounds economical to me.  :/

Your best bet would have been for Kasich to have take little Donnie's offer to be his running mate and be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.   Not sure what that would have left the Donald to do other than "making America great again."

"Making America Great Again" is not unlike " Change You Can Believe In" and/or " Oh Yes We Can"

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Start a bunch of companies, get some investors, borrow a crapload of money, and then file for bankruptcy.  Seems to be a good blueprint.  You might even gain enough notariety to win a nomination for President...

And if you gain the Presidency, you can use your financial expertise to manage businesses like Solyndra and not worry about bankruptcy because the taxpayers will continue to finance the ever growing losses

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Just wonder how all this free stuff Bernie talking about gonna be paid for. Not very economical.  

52 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And if you gain the Presidency, you can use your financial expertise to manage businesses like Solyndra and not worry about bankruptcy because the taxpayers will continue to finance the ever growing losses

In 2007 the economy was in the toilet. Republican decisions created years 2008 -2016. If 2008-2016 were that bad, 2016-2020 would be a lock for pubs. A year ago no one would have believed that Trump would outsmart the whole pub establishment.

4 minutes ago, new tobie said:

In 2007 the economy was in the toilet. Republican decisions created years 2008 -2016. If 2008-2016 were that bad, 2016-2020 would be a lock for pubs. A year ago no one would have believed that Trump would outsmart the whole pub establishment.

Do a little research...and even if that is true, why haven't the policies of obama pulled us out of the nosedive?

9 hours ago, Big girl said:

He has class. He lost with dignity. He is not a sore loser. He didnt bash Clinton. He showed more class than Ted Cruz.

But Ted Cruz is the idiot touring the country shouting REPEAL Obama Care.

Trying to make his brand and failed miserably 

18 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Do a little research...and even if that is true, why haven't the policies of obama pulled us out of the nosedive?

First of all the nosedive doesn't just stop. Thats why Mr Trump chooses to go bankrupt and get a fresh start. The Dick Cheney war machine is still costing us.

5 minutes ago, new tobie said:

First of all the nosedive doesn't just stop. Thats why Mr Trump chooses to go bankrupt and get a fresh start. The Dick Cheney war machine is still costing us.

Like I said, do some research into what caused the nosedive...the Bush administration was actually sounding the alarm about it.

But answer the question, why haven't the policies of this administration been successful?

Try to leave Trump and Cheney and Bush and any other Republican out of your answer, if possible.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

"Making America Great Again" is not unlike " Change You Can Believe In" and/or " Oh Yes We Can"

But very different from "I alone can fix it!" as we heard over and over last week.  My question is if he alone can fix it, why did he offer to make Kasich the most powerful VP in history?  And if the VP is handling domestic and foreign policy, while the President is concentrating on "making America great again," what does the latter entail?   

By the way, I do like Kasich and wish he'd have accepted...

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

But very different from "I alone can fix it!" as we heard over and over last week.  My question is if he alone can fix it, why did he offer to make Kasich the most powerful VP in history?  And if the VP is handling domestic and foreign policy, while the President is concentrating on "making America great again," what does the latter entail?   

I like Kasich also, but because he didn't run on hate and falsehoods.........

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

No one knows.