Democratic National Convention

Hagar

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

I am not as concerned with who is getting free stuff as I am with the total outlays for free stuff and the seeming ignorance of so many who believe it is free.

This country has a history of people getting free stuff and the "total outlays for free stuff & the seeming ignorance of so many who believe it is free." But when one segment of society perceives another segment will gain or surpass that "free stuff" now it becomes a problem. This country was built on people getting getting free stuff from another person's free labor.

7 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

This country has a history of people getting free stuff and the "total outlays for free stuff & the seeming ignorance of so many who believe it is free." But when one segment of society perceives another segment will gain or surpass that "free stuff" now it becomes a problem. This country was built on people getting getting free stuff from another person's free labor.

Kinda like the obama phone that obama didn't start. He wasn't born when welfare started

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Just look at Venezuela and Greece and tell me how free stuff ( regardless of the recipient) works out in the long run.  As for "certain segments" my "segment" currently pays over 50% of its income ( when you consider all taxes) to governments.  I feel that is pretty darn "fair and equitable" and I resent being lectured constantly how I am not paying my fair share and how I lack compassion particularly when some "segments" pay zero income taxes.  My basic issue with too much free stuff is NOT a black- white issue- It is a maker-taker issue.  The makers are contributing plenty of money to society but were told a couple of years ago they needed to start paying for the healthcare of the takers.  And now, they are being told they need to start paying for the college education of the takers.  What many seem to fail to grasp is that if you take away too much of the incentive for the makers to make, their wont be a tax base from which to raise taxes for the next "social cause".  Some day, ( and I hope it doesn't happen too late) we will come to the realization that throwing money at something and then throwing more money at something is not always the solution.  That last sentence has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with political affiliation or race/ethnicity.

2 hours ago, new tobie said:

The state run media. The liberal media. Good slogans for the not so educated

If you doubt media bias, read the link I posted on Tuesday at 11:32AM.   See what was said by several liberal journalist about the RNC speaker.  The DNC had 5 or 6 do a similar speech.  I'd love to have you post similar comments made about them.  

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

If you doubt media bias, read the link I posted on Tuesday at 11:32AM.   See what was said by several liberal journalist about the RNC speaker.  The DNC had 5 or 6 do a similar speech.  I'd love to have you post similar comments made about them.  

The media is one sided very often, but not just for liberals. Thats why i dont listen to sharpton or hannity. They need to make money in order to have a show

Never heard of a "seat filler" before.  I saw a report about empty seats in the late hours of the RNC.   They can learn from the DNC.  But, based on this story, they're not just fillers, but Bernie delegate "replacers".   If true, another b-slap to a large number of Democrats.   Sometimes it appears both parties are trying to lose.  This election will go down in infamy.

This is the hidden content, please

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Never heard of a "seat filler" before.  I saw a report about empty seats in the late hours of the RNC.   They can learn from the DNC.  But, based on this story, they're not just fillers, but Bernie delegate "replacers".   If true, another b-slap to a large number of Democrats.   Sometimes it appears both parties are trying to lose.  This election will go down in infamy.

This convention starts at 4pm and last until about 11pm which is around 7 hours.  $50 for 7 hours isn't even minimum wage!

I thought the dems wanted everyone to make a "living wage?"

9 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I saw empty seats at the dnc but not the rnc . 

1 minute ago, new tobie said:

Ive seen beauty queens that are also garden tools

Heck nt, I couldn't afford either one of them anyway lol

PS, took me a minute to figure out garden tools.  You did have me laughing.  Thanks.  With all this. R&D insanity, we need a laugh!

7 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

This convention starts at 4pm and last until about 11pm which is around 7 hours.  $50 for 7 hours isn't even minimum wage!

I thought the dems wanted everyone to make a "living wage?"

You'd have to pay me a heckuva lot more than that to sit through 7 hours of either convention.  Like Englebert said, I'd rather watch Seinfeld reruns.   

15 minutes ago, new tobie said:

I have to go pick up food and get dressed for the convention. 

Are you speaking at the convention?  Does that mean you are a close relative of someone who was killed by police while either breaking the law or refusing to co-operate with the police?

I wonder if Hillary is going to use Obama's tactic of looking from side to side when giving a speech. He does this so he can later deny "lying to your face". Or deny "looking people in the eye" while lying.

Old Uncle Joe looks straight into the camera and lies. Apparently he doesn't have a conscience.

I'm not going to watch the DNC so someone please update us on whether she employees this tactic.

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

The media is one sided very often, but not just for liberals. Thats why i dont listen to sharpton or hannity. They need to make money in order to have a show

BTW, after the Convention is over, guess where Hillary is going to give her first interview?   Not CNN, CBS, NBC, or ABC, she's going to FOX.  

7 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Really, you claim all the labor? BS!