Baltimore Update

stevenash

And do you believe that justice was not properly rendered in Baltimore and Ferguson?  The current administration dispatched a bevy of employees to make every effort to find something on which to base a conviction.   Not even they could find anything.   And yet you believe that the legal system got it wrong?

36 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And do you believe that justice was not properly rendered in Baltimore and Ferguson?  The current administration dispatched a bevy of employees to make every effort to find something on which to base a conviction.   Not even they could find anything.   And yet you believe that the legal system got it wrong?

And those Federal investigators wanted to find something So Bad.  It was a virtual witch hunt.  If these Biased Investigators couldn't find anything, you can bet there was no wrongdoing.  

15 minutes ago, REBgp said:

And those Federal investigators wanted to find something So Bad.  It was a virtual witch hunt.  If these Biased Investigators couldn't find anything, you can bet there was no wrongdoing.  

I doubt the investigators/FBI wanted to find the officers wrong. I think the people that sent them did. Heck, the governor of the state called for an indictment I think the next day after Michael Brown was killed and he knew nothing. 

Much like Obama, he used it as a political moment without care for justice or any complete knowledge of what happened. The term under the bus is often used and that was done to Officer Wilson had his life and career thrown into turmoil so that some politicians could get a photo op. 

I don't think that  attitude went into the FBI agents that had a job to do. If they would have found wrongdoing they would have documented it. If there was no evidence against the officer then that would be result of the investigation. I believe that they did not go into it with an agenda or wanting to find anything except where the evidence led. 

25 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I doubt the investigators/FBI wanted to find the officers wrong. I think the people that sent them did. Heck, the governor of the state called for an indictment I think the next day after Michael Brown was killed and he knew nothing. 

Much like Obama, he used it as a political moment without care for justice or any complete knowledge of what happened. The term under the bus is often used and that was done to Officer Wilson had his life and career thrown into turmoil so that some politicians could get a photo op. 

I don't think that  attitude went into the FBI agents that had a job to do. If they would have found wrongdoing they would have documented it. If there was no evidence against the officer then that would be result of the investigation. I believe that they did not go into it with an agenda or wanting to find anything except where the evidence led. 

Bottom line-  Lots of symbolism accompanied by ZERO substance

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

You're absolutely correct.  I misspoke.  The Govt wanted them to find something.  Like you, I believe the investigators only agenda was to do a thorough job.

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

Seeking a token victory after getting its arse handed to it in the courts

yeah yeah yeah....same old story. the cop is always right accept in orange tx when the cop was black, remember the black cop at oreilly in orange, nobody defended the cop in that instance........hmmm.

15 minutes ago, new tobie said:

yeah yeah yeah....same old story. the cop is always right accept in orange tx when the cop was black, remember the black cop at oreilly in orange, nobody defended the cop in that instance........hmmm.

Nobody burned the town down either did they or went on a cop killing spree!

49 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Funny, I don't recall you defending him. The last black cop to pull me over was absolutely right, and I have a ticket record to prove it. I also said yes sir and no sir to him. Didn't ask him why the f he pulled me over.

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

I have criticized several officers. As far as the officer in Orange I backed him up completely then and now. I don't know what happened but I read every witness statement and said there simply was no case.... and there wasn't.  

2 hours ago, new tobie said:

You are totally wrong. Based on your post, you were probably not on this forum when it was discussed. The majority of folks on this page supported the cop. I know I did. 

This does however,  make you look silly bringing up the race card........especially a black cop killing an "unarmed" white veteran........and no charges brought against the cop and no riots in the street.

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

You are totally wrong. Based on your post, you were probably not on this forum when it was discussed. The majority of folks on this page supported the cop. I know I did. 

This does however,  make you look silly bringing up the race card........especially a black cop killing an "unarmed" white veteran........and no charges brought against the cop and no riots in the street.

Does it matter that the guy was a veteran? Did the cop keep his job?

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

I know steve nash didn't 

3 hours ago, new tobie said:

Dang that race card gets thrown around easily.  Why is everything about race with you tobie?

5 hours ago, nappyroots said:

Arnold lost his job. The media called victum a war hero.Arnolds fellow officers didn't even support him. 

I am not sure which of his fellow officers that you spoke with but I spoke to several and they all supported him. Maybe we know a different group of officers............. 

An arbitrator gave Arnold his job back saying that his rights were denied. The city paid him off to leave. 

A copy of Bartman's ruling states,.......  "The grievant is exonerated on all charges. The city of Orange, Texas violated state and federal law when it deprived Capt. Arnold of his 'due process rights.' The indefinite suspension is reversed and the disciplinary reinstatement of Captain Arnold is so ordered. As to remedy, he will be restored to his position and made whole for all benefits and credits in accordance with Texas Local Government Code 143.053(f)."