$15 Minimum Wage?

baddog

Folks, I know everyone's wages should get cost of living increases but this is ridiculous. My wife has worked 18 years to get where she is at and now they are going to let some jack leg (someone who is not skilled) come in off the street and make almost the same? I can guarantee that my wife will not be the only one screaming. Maybe there will be protests. Didn't this already flop in Seattle?

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Folks, I know everyone's wages should get cost of living increases but this is ridiculous. My wife has worked 18 years to get where she is at and now they are going to let some jack leg (someone who is not skilled) come in off the street and make almost the same? I can guarantee that my wife will not be the only one screaming. Maybe there will be protests. Didn't this already flop in Seattle?

This basically says to heck with education or starting from the bottom/building up your resume`/earning your way. 

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Wow, your wife has been working for 18 years and makes around 15/hr. She has fortitude. I admire her. I would be really frustrated.

8 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Wow, your wife has been working for 18 years and makes around 15/hr. She has fortitude. I admire her. I would be really frustrated.

No, she makes more, but not by much. It's not so much what she makes, but the fact that untrained, inexperienced workers will start out close to it.

6 minutes ago, NDNation said:

15.00 an hour and if you have good benifits to boot, that's not to bad. We had an engineer working on our ground maintenance crew, I think he was with us for about 6 months until he found a position in his field. College degrees do not guarantee big money. My teen would think he hit the jackpot making 15.00. 

Thats true, alot of times it guarantees loan debt. 

• 2 years later...