Muhammad Ali

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Whites get passed on jobs in favor of less qualified minorities...happens daily. What the realtor supposedly did is illegal. Hiring less qualified minorities is legal, encouraged, and subject to punishment if a business does not comply with the racist practice. So in your mind does this exist?

Back on subject...I heard a guy (someone on TV I didn't recognize) talking about Ali. He said that "Ali was a very humble man". I think even Ali would have laughed at that one. Ali might have been humble in his personal life, I have no idea, but his public persona was definitely brash.

This post is some straight up bull****! You really need to unplug from fox news. That mess will have you posting dumb ish on message boards and coming off as a complete idiot. 

4 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

This post is some straight up bull****! You really need to unplug from fox news. That mess will have you posting dumb ish on message boards and coming off as a complete idiot. 

What part of it is bull? If you are going to try and call someone out, give your reasons. And you know nothing about me. Attacking the messenger instead of message is the true sign of an idiot.

Enlightened me on your knowledge. I don't have a problem backing up my statements!

12 minutes ago, Englebert said:

What part of it is bull? If you are going to try and call someone out, give your reasons. And you know nothing about me. Attacking the messenger instead of message is the true sign of an idiot.

Enlightened me on your knowledge. I don't have a problem backing up my statements!

Lol... You post some trash and get mad when someone calls it trash. Stop posting junk with no factual basis! You haven't backed up anything, you just post dumb ish that are lies and fox news talking points. And I'm not responsible for the self image you have from reading my post.

2 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

He didn't run anywhere...he STOOD for what he believed in.

Uh Dick, third time I've ask, where do you live?  I'm curious to hear, based on how you draw your conclusions, what city, or town, you live in that is devoid of racism.

13 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

NEDERLAND! GEESH! But I'm FROM Houston..WHY?

Because you believe that most everyone in Lumberton is a racist because of one incident involving one person.  If one uses that formula most everyone, everywhere, is a racist, including Nederland.

9 hours ago, REBgp said:

Because you believe that most everyone in Lumberton is a racist because of one incident involving one person.  If one uses that formula most everyone, everywhere, is a racist, including Nederland.

I only believe what white people have told me about lumberton, and the whites that i have talked to said that it was worse than Vidor.

7 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

I only believe what white people have told me about lumberton, and the whites that i have talked to said that it was worse than Vidor.

But yet there are black families living in Lumberton without any cross-burnings in their front yard. Blows that narrative doesn't it.

And has there been racism incidents in Vidor lately. Maybe the Vidor citizens have flip-flopped (or evolved if they are liberal).

31 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

What are you doing to ease racial tensions? Crying on this board does nothing. You enjoy throwing fuel on a fire. That's all you do. Pitiful.

59 minutes ago, baddog said:

What are you doing to ease racial tensions? Crying on this board does nothing. You enjoy throwing fuel on a fire. That's all you do. Pitiful.

i treat everyone fine and don't have problems with any race, I only have a problem with racist from any race

Back in High school (the 1980s), I had a friend that we all called Turkey. He loved the nickname. He was also black.

One day I was with a group of friends that were not from my school. I think we were at Parkdale Mall. We were sitting around chatting and I noticed Turkey walking by. I hollered out "Hey Turkey". He looked, smiled, waved at me and I waved back. One of the people in the group (who didn't know Turkey) looked at me in astonishment and asked "That was racist don't you think?". I was befuddled. I asked her why she would think that. She said I just called a black man Turkey, as in Jive Turkey. I started laughing and explained to her that his nickname was Turkey because he was born on Thanksgiving day. If she would not have questioned why I called him Turkey, she would probably to this day think she witnessed an act of racism.

When a person has a pre-conceived notion about someone, instead of looking at things objectively many try to twist and bend the facts to fit in that pre-conceived idea.

Some just throw out the race card because they know they won't have to defend themselves.

So every time I hear an accusation of racism, my immediate thought is either it was some misunderstanding or someone throwing out the race card because they know they won't be challenged. There are true acts of racism, but the bombardment of false accusations makes it hard to see the real ones.

5 hours ago, Englebert said:

But yet there are black families living in Lumberton without any cross-burnings in their front yard. Blows that narrative doesn't it.

And has there been racism incidents in Vidor lately. Maybe the Vidor citizens have flip-flopped (or evolved if they are liberal).

He don't care about facts......

My girlfriends daughters boyfriend lives in our neighborhood and she invited him over. He brought his friend with him. He is black and also lives in our neighborhood. She had friends with her. They all came in and watched a movie under our supervision. Everyone got along and his color was never an issue.

Weird how that works......

Person # 1 " I don't believe that women have any rights, and I think gays should be hanged"

Person # 2 ( liberal)Wow, what a complete primitive a$$hole you are.  You must be a Republican

Person # 1  No, actually, I'm a Muslim and those are my religious beliefs

Person # 2 ( liberal)  Oh, I'm sorry!  I apologize!  I hope you don't think I'm Islamophobic

On 6/5/2016 at 9:54 AM, nappyroots said:

Just one example, Obama attended Walter Cronkite's funeral and gave a speech at the funeral, i don't believe he has problem whites( his mother the women that carried him for 9 months and gave birth to him was white) society made him black, his mother was a white women, but because of skin color................whether it be a white women black man or a black women white man the baby is always considered black......

To determine what color someone is, can't you just look at what they put on financial aid applications?  What would/did Obama put?

On 6/10/2016 at 2:00 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

To determine what color someone is, can't you just look at what they put on financial aid applications?  What would/did Obama put?

Odds are he put the same thing that his white mother put on his birth certificate, and had she put any other race she would have been ridiculed.