Muhammad Ali

PhatMack19

Dick Vitale. You sound too young for Nam.  Congratulations on your successful career.  

Ali -- great boxer- great philanthropist- DRAFT.  DODGER -RACIST-

it is what it is. He avoided - dodged the draft he hated White men. He gave generously and contributed to racial equality that IS a fact

2 minutes ago, Whoa said:

Dick Vitale. You sound too young for Nam.  Congratulations on your successful career.  

it is what it is. He avoided - dodged the draft he hated White men. He gave generously and contributed to racial equality that IS a fact

Yes Nam was before my time...If you look up the definition of RACIST and seriously look read it for comprehension, you will realize that NO black person can be considered a racist...Ali STOOD up to OPPRESSION...You people call that being racist...ITS NOT. Go read the definition...seriously.

18 minutes ago, REBgp said:

No Dick, I don't own a confederate flag or a double wide trailer.  I'll tell you something else, I'm not a racist, but your comments indicate you are.

Ali refused to be drafted, which was the law, based on a reason that was not valid. And of the millions called, I'd bet not one single other person was allowed CO status, ergo, he's a draft dodger.

One other thing, have you served in the military?   No?  I thought not.

How the hell did I make this about race how can you talk about Ali and not bring up his race or religion which he was strongly pro for . Best way to discredit Republican handbook bring up race card or just call them a liberal. Smh robot.

6 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Soooo, being that it was such a great law, it must still be in effect today, right? You could also go to jail for sitting in the front of a bus in 1950, that doesn't make it RIGHT! SMH..

Not hardly. The draft no longer exists. They didn't tell you?

I wonder....if Jack Nicklaus (the greatest golfer ever) died tomorrow, would Obama release a statement commenting on how great a man he was? How about Dickie and Pam? Would you comment on how great he was, or talk about Tiger Woods? Well, I did for Ali, which makes me the bigger man.

Ali did dodge the draft no matter his reasons, and you can't admit that? How childish.

Oh yeah, I liked Ali.

8 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Draft dodging: is part of what makes Ali a hero to a lot. support for the war was very low he wasn't running he just refused to go fight a fight that wasn't his to fight. "You my opposer when I want justice  your my opposer when I want freedom.... You want me to go somewhere to fight but you won't even stand up for me right here at home."  

It was law: new transgender law? Not all laws are right.

what gave him the right: everyone had the right to go or go to jail he chose not to go.

I agree Pam.  He made his choice.  To repeat, the reason I said draft dodger was in a response to PhatMacks question and I doubt he expected a simple answer would turn into this.  And when I said it, I added, "One of many", to show folks not familiar with what all happened back then, that he wasn't the only one.  There was probably a higher percentage of white draft dodgers.

Bottom line, he dodged.  He paid for it.  End of story.  I respect him more than those creeps who slipped off to Canada.  One more thing you'll probably agree with, it was the dumbest war we've ever fought!

11 minutes ago, Whoa said:

What makes Ali a racist I'm curious because he wasn't found of white men. If you grew up treated like a 3rd class citizen not good enough for water fountains bathrooms front of busses to vote take a back road south of the Dixion line. Seeing your people being lynch etc etc(because I can go forever) in that world the white man was his enemy he had to fight that was just a fact.

10 minutes ago, baddog said:

I wonder....if Jack Nicklaus (the greatest golfer ever) died tomorrow, would Obama release a statement commenting on how great a man he was? How about Dickie and Pam? Would you comment on how great he was, or talk about Tiger Woods? Well, I did for Ali, which makes me the bigger man.

Ali did dodge the draft no matter his reasons, and you can't admit that? How childish.

Oh yeah, I liked Ali.

Dude maybe because the top gofer will not have the effect Ali had on this earth but you had to know this all your doing is race baiting then you'll swear someone else is doing it. Smh Robot.

16 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

How the hell did I make this about race how can you talk about Ali and not bring up his race or religion which he was strongly pro for . Best way to discredit Republican handbook bring up race card or just call them a liberal. Smh robot.

Pam, that was a post to Dick.  He figured I had a confederate flag hanging from my double wide trailer, which I perceive as a racial comment.  That's the equivalent of me asking him if he was in his back yard eating fried chicken and watermelon - Which I would never do.  

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Pam, that was a post to Dick.  He figured I had a confederate flag hanging from my double wide trailer, which I perceive as a racial comment.  That's the equivalent of me asking him if he was in his back yard eating fried chicken and watermelon - Which I would never do.  

I'm just curious who don't like fried chicken? 

1 minute ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I'm just curious who don't like fried chicken? 

Lol, I'm with you on that.  And ate half a watermelon three days ago.  Great post, I'd much rather talk about food than something that happened 50 years ago.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Of course its a racial comment, but havent you learned yet that stereotyping is only improper if done from the right?

15 hours ago, baddog said:

Oh yeah, I liked Ali.

Just one example, Obama attended Walter Cronkite's funeral and gave a speech at the funeral, i don't believe he has problem whites( his mother the women that carried him for 9 months and gave birth to him was white) society made him black, his mother was a white women, but because of skin color................whether it be a white women black man or a black women white man the baby is always considered black......

So you don't think any blacks own double wide trailers? I doubt very many of us would  hang a confederate flag from the front door of one, but it's definitely possible. So how was that assumption racially motivated again? Muhammad Ali was a WORLD WIDE figure...you expect the sitting president to have NO response? Are you people INSANE? FYI, Jack Nicklaus is no where NEAR the world figure as Ali was, and he never will be. Sorry. I know you won't agree but it's true.

18 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

So you don't think any blacks own double wide trailers? I doubt very many of us would  hang a confederate flag from the front door of one, but it's definitely possible. So how was that assumption racially motivated again? Muhammad Ali was a WORLD WIDE figure...you expect the sitting president to have NO response? Are you people INSANE? FYI, Jack Nicklaus is no where NEAR the world figure as Ali was, and he never will be. Sorry. I know you won't agree but it's true.

Some folks are very adroit at playing the race card ( in their minds, they think they are doing so subtly and can refute any accusations ) Dickie, I can still recall a time when I spoke of bad behavior/lack of motivation perpetuating itself through some families.  In my comments, I stated that "  people raise their young" in a certain manner.  Your IMMEDIATE response made reference to my use of the word young and you implied that I was making an analogy to animals.  So, in that case, it was ok for you to make a racial interpretation of my statement but one who is the recipient of the double wide inference cannot draw a similar conclusion?

25 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Is the world wide figure "designation" due to 1. sports accomplishments or 2. controversial actions.  I can agree with you on 2 but definitely not on 1.

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

His mother is white, why is he black?

Becuase the term for mixed black and white parents is considered offensive and no longer used. Everything is offensive nowadays. You are offending me with your unbelievably naive questions. Just what are you trying to prove or solve?.....Answer.....NOTHING!!!

11 minutes ago, baddog said:

Becuase the term for mixed black and white parents is considered offensive and no longer used. Everything is offensive nowadays. You are offending me with your unbelievably naive questions. Just what are you trying to prove or solve?.....Answer.....NOTHING!!!

don't really know what the term is for mixed parents and since i don't have racist friends or relatives, i figured that i could ask someone on this board. I'm thinking that minorities have an easier time accepting mixed race and the trend of mixed race is growing rapidly. Im fine with it. How bout you?

3 hours ago, baddog said:

The term was mulatto. Not sure where the offense came in but we now say mixed. Why isn't that offensive?

i'm done with this thread. I'm bored.

I don't blame you baddog.  A thread started to recognize the death of a great boxer, got turned into into something ugly.  Smh

25 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I don't blame you baddog.  A thread started to recognize the death of a great boxer, got turned into into something ugly.  Smh

Only because you both decided to tarnish his greatness somehow, by calling the man a draft dodger, unnecessarily so, and to no avail....shame...why?