Little Cypress-Mauriceville 7 Silsbee 2/Final/LC-M wins series 1-0

Tigers   000 001 1   2 6 2

Bears   211 300 -    7 8 1

WP: Mitchell Lee  7IP 6hits 7K 1BB 2R 1ER

LP: Trevis Sundgren 3IP 6hits 4K 2BB 4R 4ER

Chase Partain    .1IP 0hits 0K 3BB 3R 3ER

Ethan Dunn     2.2IP 2hits 2K 2BB 0R 0ER 

1 hour ago, Maroon4 said:

I was being a little facetious when I said  Smoke-town and class together... But for what it's worth, Silsbee,  sometimes referred to as Smoke town by the kids, showed some class tonight. That is all, good luck to LCM and the rest of our district! 

Fair enough.  And they almost always do show class.  I was just happy there were no incidents for the Tigers getting out of Jasper tonight (first thought that came to mind when I heard where the game was going to be played).  Talk about classless but that's another story for another day.   Silsbee has MUCH to be proud of this year.  

7 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

LCM look Great and the LCM Faithfuls was Loud and Proud..... I can bet a Silsbee Fan brought up Basketball, It never fails......I've never seen so many sore losers....lol

Not sure where the basketball thing come from .. Probably just you trying to stir the pot .. But sore losers come on man. Everyone around me congratulated LCM on coming to play and bringing a crowd with them .. LCM was ready we were not ... We don't all have a KJ Miller to carry us to the promise land. 

1 hour ago, tiger42 said:

Good run this season boys and hold your heads up. Idk how this thread got off focus of the game itself but whatever. Hope WOS can pull off an upset against BC now that KJ is back.

I don't think I'd call WOS an underdog.  They're the defending State Champs. 

It should be one heck of a series.  

7 hours ago, Maroon4 said:

Kmsl, What is so funny? Hope you don't think you can't be beat... Obviously you can,  even with KJ back.... I'll be rooting for y'all anyway! 

Never said we couldn't be beat with my son being back......So why was his name mention in your sentence???....See people like you Blah Blah Blah.  I'm not going to even go there.....An what's funny is that your a SORE LOSER CRYING, BUT I EXPECT THAT FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU.....

2 hours ago, HOTROD309 said:

Not sure where the basketball thing come from .. Probably just you trying to stir the pot .. But sore losers come on man. Everyone around me congratulated LCM on coming to play and bringing a crowd with them .. LCM was ready we were not ... We don't all have a KJ Miller to carry us to the promise land. 

Now you getting out of hand and putting words in my mouth like I said my Son was the entire team.....That goes to show y'all that y'all really don't know me.....I can't help it my kid works his arse off to be where he's at and have the numbers he has.....I will be happy to let any of y'all kids come work with my kid if that what y'all want....

1 hour ago, Kj Dad said:

Now you getting out of hand and putting words in my mouth like I said my Son was the entire team.....That goes to show y'all that y'all really don't know me.....I can't help it my kid works his arse off to be where he's at and have the numbers he has.....I will be happy to let any of y'all kids come work with my kid if that what y'all want....

33 minutes ago, tiger42 said:

Was not calling WOS an underdog and that was not the point of the post.

What's your point of the post then?.... Like I told your friends 4 and 309 don't play games like y'all playing...I'm about to get off Setx be4 I get ban from putting y'all in y'all place...

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I root for Silsbee more often than not (except when they are playing a team from the OC).  But "smoketown" and "class" don't belong in the same sentence.  I like Silsbee folks.  But that self-imposed nickname is a 100 times worse than a noisemaker.  Just my humble opinion...

Exactly!!

9 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

LCM look Great and the LCM Faithfuls was Loud and Proud..... I can bet a Silsbee Fan brought up Basketball, It never fails......I've never seen so many sore losers....lol

Whoa now!! Sore losers? I only see I or 2 from Silsbee complaining, the rest are congratulating the Bears

I could careless about noise makers and stomping feet, it is all part of the playoff atmosphere.

I lived in Stephenville  for 4 yrs and they passed out earplugs when you enter the stadium because of the noise level. (they did not call themselves the can fans for nothing)

again congrats to LCM

3 minutes ago, HOTROD309 said:

Really that is kinda what you said when you were talking about how WOS went 0-5 after he got hurt .. We never said he didn't work hard .. Heck the numbers prove it .. .850 22HR 100rbi 100sb 

Im not about to entertain you. An you got my message so keep playing the games you playing on your keyboard and keep my kid name out your mouth.......Number don't lie men and women due

3 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Never said we couldn't be beat with my son being back......So why was his name mention in your sentence???....See people like you Blah Blah Blah.  I'm not going to even go there.....An what's funny is that your a SORE LOSER CRYING, BUT I EXPECT THAT FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU.....

Wth man.....PEOPLE LIKE ME? If you want to know, I didn't even shed a tear! I smiled, hugged some of our players,  and congratulated some of LCM's on my way out!  I'm a sore loser bc I stated that the noisemakers were annoying.  I have repeatedly said congrats and good luck to LCM and to WOS, for that matter, in all my posts. 

I am SO SORRY I mentioned KJ, but my statement was not meant to be derogatory towards him, "don't think you can't be beat," how is that in anyway negative towards KJ?  It means don't think you can't be beat even with KJ back. BTW,  I think I remember messaging you and complimenting on what a great player KJ was, and hoped he had a speedy recovery after he was injured in our game. That's what kind of person I am! But whatever....

Seriously, this isn't even about you or your team, yet you always find a way to take it there. You chimed in and did your usual, bringing up WOS on a Silsbee thread. AND, I said nothing about basketball. 

Once again, good luck to ya! 

6 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

Whoa now!! Sore losers? I only see I or 2 from Silsbee complaining, the rest are congratulating the Bears

I could careless about noise makers and stomping feet, it is all part of the playoff atmosphere.

I lived in Stephenville  for 4 yrs and they passed out earplugs when you enter the stadium because of the noise level. (they did not call themselves the can fans for nothing)

again congrats to LCM

Wasn't talking about you Brooks....its always that 1 or 2 that's sore loser and bring up Basketball.... Now you chiming in, its ok I understand you talking up for you Silsbee folks.....

18 minutes ago, MossHill said:

I was quite impressed with the sticks and steady arm of LCM's pitcher

I have to admit. I'm thinking LCM may give my carthage bulldogs a tight game/series.

LCM looked real good .. They are a hot team right now .. Doing everything right .. Timely hitting good defense and pitching keeping them in the game .. Again hats off to them 

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I root for Silsbee more often than not (except when they are playing a team from the OC).  But "smoketown" and "class" don't belong in the same sentence.  I like Silsbee folks.  But that self-imposed nickname is a 100 times worse than a noisemaker.  Just my humble opinion...

I personally don't like that nickname myself for just the connotations listed.  I have seen some in Silsbee that disputed that meaning.  For me I would want a nickname that others could not associate with that meaning.

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Back to the kids, does Silsbee win the best overall athletics program for this school year in SETX?  I think they do for the second time in 3 years (with WOS getting my vote last year).  Of course, the mustangs are still playing and could make a case if they make another run like they did last year. 

5 district championships out of the 6 major sports (football, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, baseball and softball).

Football - District Champs, 4 rounds in playoffs (regional finals)

Volleyball - District Champs, 2nd round playoffs

Boys Basketball - District Champs, state runner up

Girls Basketball - District Champs, 3rd round

Baseball - District Champs, 3rd round

Softball - District runner up, 1st round

With WO-S missing the basketball (boys and girls) and volleyball and softball playoffs, I would say Silsbee has had a much better year.

Lcm coaches and players showed up to play last night and they got the win. I have some friends for lcm and wished them all the luck last night. They did a great job. As far as sore loses we are not. It never fails that someone from another no matter what thread it is always pokes in on a big game loss and stirs the pot. I was serious when I said I hope wos wins against bc. As far as smoke town goes that's pitiful. I've lived here 30yrs and just heard that 3 days ago. Our boys deserve something better than that. District 24 4a is tough and anybody can win any given day. Alot of good teams and players.all these kids deserve credit for playing the way they do. It's great to watch this much talent and just hope 24 4a represents in Austin.