Thank You MR. Cavness

5GallonBucket

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

From what I was told, a majority of the Federal money sent to schools is used to pay for free breakfast & lunches for those that qualify.  So Obama threatening to withhold funds disproportionally affects the kids that need it the most.  That sounds about right......

Kids that "qualify".....that's a good one.

I've got a bit of a different take here, as usual. I agree with what Dr Caveness said, but I  have a problem with how it was delivered.  Bottom line, he was unprofessional. He didn't come across as an educated professional administrator. He sounded like a drunken cowboy. Of course, that is why he made national news. Furthermore, Big Cav just one-upped stupid. I don't know how many transgendered people there are, but I'm  guessing it is a small, small number. I feel certain that these few individuals have been successfully able to resolve their bathroom issues without government involvement so far. Why did King Obama issue his decree? To divide and distract. Y'all take it from here...

2 hours ago, shovel said:

I've got a bit of a different take here, as usual. I agree with what Dr Caveness said, but I  have a problem with how it was delivered.  Bottom line, he was unprofessional. He didn't come across as an educated professional administrator. He sounded like a drunken cowboy. Of course, that is why he made national news. Furthermore, Big Cav just one-upped stupid. I don't know how many transgendered people there are, but I'm  guessing it is a small, small number. I feel certain that these few individuals have been successfully able to resolve their bathroom issues without government involvement so far. Why did King Obama issue his decree? To divide and distract. Y'all take it from here...

I certainly agree with your reasoning that he did it "To divide and distract".  His whole two terms in office have been filled with scandal, after distraction, after scandal.  Evidently it's a new scheme devised by the DNC.  It avoids the ability to totally scrutinize a scandal, since you have to move on to the next.

As for Dr. Caveness' response, he didn't sound like a drunken cowboy at all.  Since he has 5 daughters, I thought he sounded first, like a pissed off father, and second, like a concerned, frustrated, administrator.  Also, I doubt few transgender students want to be identified as such.  Imo, to most it's a personal thing, like a boy with one testicle for example.  Not all of the human race is perfect.  Many of us have physical flaws, but most don't want to flaunt them.

I'd like to see the Obama's being more concerned about the failure to educate inner city children, and the school conditions in these democratic strongholds, than what bathrooms get used by whom, and what kind of food they want kids to eat (which most kids won't).  

FYI:. Transgender's comprise 0.3% of the population.

congratulations to that superintendent for deciding to run for public office at some point in the future!

paycheck says he's running for something on the "protect your kids" platform in the next three years

reminds me of the lowlife that threw the lumberton teacher under the bus to score political points so he could win some mickey mouse election over there, at least cavness didn't actually publicly harm anybody directly, but I'm guess that if there are any transgendered kids at that school they probably aren't feeling too welcome right now

8 minutes ago, gohornets23 said:

congratulations to that superintendent for deciding to run for public office at some point in the future!

paycheck says he's running for something on the "protect your kids" platform in the next three years

reminds me of the lowlife that threw the lumberton teacher under the bus to score political points so he could win some mickey mouse election over there, at least cavness didn't actually publicly harm anybody directly, but I'm guess that if there are any transgendered kids at that school they probably aren't feeling too welcome right now

Protect the kids...how dare he.

Refresh my memory...what was the grand plan put in place in Lumberton to get rid of the teacher so which election could be won by who?

31 minutes ago, gohornets23 said:

Is that the fault of the principal or the Federal Government/President?

52 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I certainly agree with your reasoning that he did it "To divide and distract".  His whole two terms in office have been filled with scandal, after distraction, after scandal.  Evidently it's a new scheme devised by the DNC.  It avoids the ability to totally scrutinize a scandal, since you have to move on to the next.

As for Dr. Caveness' response, he didn't sound like a drunken cowboy at all.  Since he has 5 daughters, I thought he sounded first, like a pissed off father, and second, like a concerned, frustrated, administrator.  Also, I doubt few transgender students want to be identified as such.  Imo, to most it's a personal thing, like a boy with one testicle for example.  Not all of the human race is perfect.  Many of us have physical flaws, but most don't want to flaunt them.

I'd like to see the Obama's being more concerned about the failure to educate inner city children, and the school conditions in these democratic strongholds, than what bathrooms get used by whom, and what kind of food they want kids to eat (which most kids won't).  

REB- Now you have done it!!!!! Boys with one testicle will become the next "protected class" :):)

43 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Protect the kids...how dare he.

Refresh my memory...what was the grand plan put in place in Lumberton to get rid of the teacher so which election could be won by who?

I don't remember all the details and don't care to look it up...but wasn't there a well respected teacher in lumberton (maybe it was another town) that brought burkas into her classroom as part of their study on islam/the middle east and some wingnut saw an opportunity and caused a big stink about how they were "teaching the kids to be muslim" or some such nonsense......the people continue to do this to you mouth breathers because they know it works, play to the deepest fears of people and they will abandon all reason

I don't know who cavness is and I'm sure he is heartfelt, but he could have ignored the order from the DOE without making a big spectacle of it, he didn't have to do interviews with news stations and give his opinion of the president, this is less about kids and more about a man promoting himself as much as possible as a champion of the people

the bathrooms scare issue has nothing to do with safety of kids anyway...it's a straw man because people are too gutless too say what they really feel, they don't want transgender to become common in society, they see it as another battleground to keep the influence of religion on social norms...they lost gay marriage and this is the next big fight...but what you don't understand is that it's already lost, I hate the government putting their noses into the schools business as much as anybody, but whether this law succeeds or fails, the culture is changing on its own, without influence of government or the church

On 5/13/2016 at 0:49 PM, stevenash said:

I am terribly curious about one thing.  How does one go about being officially designated as "transgender"?  Or do you  go to any bathroom you want and if someone confronts you, you simply claim you are transgender?

I would think in public schools there would be more controls. They would already know who are transgender or identify being transgender.

The question is: Do you feel comfortable with Catilyn Jenner standing or sitting next to you in a male bathroom?

20 minutes ago, gohornets23 said:

I don't remember all the details and don't care to look it up...but wasn't there a well respected teacher in lumberton (maybe it was another town) that brought burkas into her classroom as part of their study on islam/the middle east and some wingnut saw an opportunity and caused a big stink about how they were "teaching the kids to be muslim" or some such nonsense......the people continue to do this to you mouth breathers because they know it works, play to the deepest fears of people and they will abandon all reason

I don't know who cavness is and I'm sure he is heartfelt, but he could have ignored the order from the DOE without making a big spectacle of it, he didn't have to do interviews with news stations and give his opinion of the president, this is less about kids and more about a man promoting himself as much as possible as a champion of the people

the bathrooms scare issue has nothing to do with safety of kids anyway...it's a straw man because people are too gutless too say what they really feel, they don't want transgender to become common in society, they see it as another battleground to keep the influence of religion on social norms...they lost gay marriage and this is the next big fight...but what you don't understand is that it's already lost, I hate the government putting their noses into the schools business as much as anybody, but whether this law succeeds or fails, the culture is changing on its own, without influence of government or the church

Folks aren't gutless about this, I think they are saying it loud and clear...myself included.

Social norms...you are calling transgender a social norm?

16 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I would think in public schools there would be more controls. They would already know who are transgender or identify being transgender.

The question is: Do you feel comfortable with Catilyn Jenner standing or sitting next to you in a male bathroom?

Would you be comfortable with him sitting next to your daughter in a girl's bathroom?

Or say he (or another adult transgender) is visiting an elementary school, is it OK for them to use the girl's bathroom in front of these young girls?

None of this makes any sense, and logical thinking folks like Dr Caveness realize it.

49 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Would you be comfortable with him sitting next to your daughter in a girl's bathroom?

Or say he (or another adult transgender) is visiting an elementary school, is it OK for them to use the girl's bathroom in front of these young girls?

None of this makes any sense, and logical thinking folks like Dr Caveness realize it.

I use to be believe all gay men wanted every man they met and all gay women wanted all the girls.

14 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Great liberal non-answer...I'll wait for someone that supports this garbage to answer the questions.

Garbage?  Come on, LumRaiderFan.  You know very well what an important issue this is.  You must be one of those "right wing nuts" who believes that ISIS is something more than the JV and that we should give priorities to combatting it rather than the salient issues such as TG bathroom privileges and changing the name of the Redskins.

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

0.3%? Thats a low figure. So it should not be too big of a deal. I would guess PNG ISD may have under 0.2% transgenders in their district.

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Folks aren't gutless about this, I think they are saying it loud and clear...myself included.

Social norms...you are calling transgender a social norm?

in our current culture no, it has been seen by most as a kink/quirk at best and a mental illness at worst, this perception is changing whether anybody likes it or not. The idea that a person's gender (how they feel inside) and a person's biology (the reproductive organs attached to their body) might not exactly match up is becoming more understood, I don't think these people want to throw anything into our faces, I think they just want to be treated like normal people instead of outcasts. 

For whatever reason, the political wing of religious right have latched onto this issue as one of their cultural battlegrounds, I suppose it does go against biblical teaching of the creation of adam/eve..but it seems like such a small thing to me that I don't understand why it has become such a big deal. It's like how a guy on his third divorce didn't like gay marriage because of the "sanctity of marriage"...it wasn't ever about the institution of marriage, it was about wanting to keep gays marginalized and on the fringe because you think their lifestyle is wrong....same principal applies here...don't mask it up as protecting kids....just way what you mean, you think transgender people are making a sinful lifestyle choice and you don't think society should accommodate for it...fine..roll with that

12 minutes ago, gohornets23 said:

in our current culture no, it has been seen by most as a kink/quirk at best and a mental illness at worst, this perception is changing whether anybody likes it or not. The idea that a person's gender (how they feel inside) and a person's biology (the reproductive organs attached to their body) might not exactly match up is becoming more understood, I don't think these people want to throw anything into our faces, I think they just want to be treated like normal people instead of outcasts. 

For whatever reason, the political wing of religious right have latched onto this issue as one of their cultural battlegrounds, I suppose it does go against biblical teaching of the creation of adam/eve..but it seems like such a small thing to me that I don't understand why it has become such a big deal. It's like how a guy on his third divorce didn't like gay marriage because of the "sanctity of marriage"...it wasn't ever about the institution of marriage, it was about wanting to keep gays marginalized and on the fringe because you think their lifestyle is wrong....same principal applies here...don't mask it up as protecting kids....just way what you mean, you think transgender people are making a sinful lifestyle choice and you don't think society should accommodate for it...fine..roll with that

Your logic is too logical for comprehension for the fading majority reading this thread.

15 minutes ago, gohornets23 said:

It is protecting kids...and most folks can clearly see that.

By the way, think for yourself...not for me.

So answer my question...if a transgender male comes to primary school to visit someone, are you OK with him going into the girl's bathroom with young girls.

5 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Your logic is too logical for comprehension for the fading majority reading this thread.

No, some folks are just swept away when nonsense is very well articulated.

So can you answer my question... if a transgender male comes to primary school to visit someone, are you OK with him going into the girl's bathroom with young girls.

3 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Dove- are you saying that it would be necessary for a transgender to "register" as such at the beginning of each year?  What if the individual "decides" they are the opposite sex half way through the year?  Would they fill out an "application" to be re-designated?  Additionally, what if the transgender decides, (after multiple bathroom/shower visits) that he/she/it would like to reverse their status?  After all, since we are such a "compassionate society" surely we wouldn't penalize someone for misinterpreting their own gender decision/misdecision?

1 hour ago, gohornets23 said:

Edited by Bobcat05 - Easy with the language and name calling.

1 minute ago, gohornets23 said:

well I still think you're pretty cool

Thanks, I just don't believe in biting the hand that feeds you. Too many two faced people in the world. When it all comes down to it, you don't hate Christians and their beliefs, you just hate not getting your way, so you have to attack what is in your way.....morality.

24 minutes ago, baddog said:

47 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No, some folks are just swept away when nonsense is very well articulated.

So can you answer my question... if a transgender male comes to primary school to visit someone, are you OK with him going into the girl's bathroom with young girls.

Hmm, being a male, I'm not that familiar with female restrooms. BUT!!!! The few I have visited, they all had their own separate stalls.