Jaylan Ballou verbally commits

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

If they had had a certain other local coach, they would have won several titles

Its possible...It was done at a school that was in its THIRD year of varsity competition, so.....Don't joke about it, because you just may be CORRECT, sir....(remember...36-0....2001)

1 minute ago, Aces_Full said:

If only they had an NBA talent to go with those D1s.  Could have won it all!  

He didn't come IN as an NBA talent. But of course if it's not Hoosiers, HJ, or East Chambers, or Nederland,  you think all we did was roll the balls out and went 36-0.....smh....that's a shame to think the way some of you do....real shame.

8 hours ago, team first said:

Wow, does any one have those ozen coaches private numbers?

i would sure like to have my kids and grandkids become 7 foot and learn to be nba ready. 

And like you said, dont bring up Jackson. We all now he left Lincoln to become nba ready 

That does not guarantee state championships...Remember RASHARD LEWIS (Alief Elsik)? He has ZERO state tournament appearances, and neither does ALTON FORD (Houston Milby) and HE was the NUMBER ONE RATED PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY....Some of you will NEVER understand....or never be willing to give anyone not named Sutherland, or Robinson, or Breitupt, any credit for being great in SE Texas....SMH

This is funny stuff.. Boutte is one of the all time greats!  There is no debating that.  Even Boutte will tell you he has been blessed with talent.  Boutte just like plenty of other coaches has had teams that over achieve and a few that under achieved.  Boutte would not win state in Lumberton or Nederland just like no one else has.  However, there is no guarantee that English or any other coaches in this area would win state at Ozen or Lincoln (back in the day).  Is Boutte solely responsible for Perkins development?.  No.. Did he play a role in it?. Absolutely.. If Boutte gets credit for Perkins success then he gets credit for his short comings too right?. Thats why all this is comical.. Coaches play a role in all players both good and bad.. To win a state championship takes as much luck as anything.. The ball will have to bounce your way at some point along the way to winning one.. A coach's greatness cannot be defined by state rings alone especially at the high school level.. Plenty of great coaches who havent won and plenty who have.. It is just as hard to coach a team loaded with talent as it is to coach a team with very little talent.. Each has a different set of battles but both are equally difficult.

6 minutes ago, BmtPanther34 said:

This is funny stuff.. Boutte is one of the all time greats!  There is no debating that.  Even Boutte will tell you he has been blessed with talent.  Boutte just like plenty of other coaches has had teams that over achieve and a few that under achieved.  Boutte would not win state in Lumberton or Nederland just like no one else has.  However, there is no guarantee that English or any other coaches in this area would win state at Ozen or Lincoln (back in the day).  Is Boutte solely responsible for Perkins development?.  No.. Did he play a role in it?. Absolutely.. If Boutte gets credit for Perkins success then he gets credit for his short comings too right?. Thats why all this is comical.. Coaches play a role in all players both good and bad.. To win a state championship takes as much luck as anything.. The ball will have to bounce your way at some point along the way to winning one.. A coach's greatness cannot be defined by state rings alone especially at the high school level.. Plenty of great coaches who havent won and plenty who have.. It is just as hard to coach a team loaded with talent as it is to coach a team with very little talent.. Each has a different set of battles but both are equally difficult.

and that's the bottom line!!

Great post!

15 minutes ago, BmtPanther34 said:

I agree with you on that, however, my point is not about the fact that he is a great coach, it's about how some feel it's by pure talent alone that he was able to do what he has done, and that's not accurate.

2 hours ago, BmtPanther34 said:

Very logical and knowledgeable post.  My problem is I keep having discussions on here with the illogical.  That's my own fault.  

Good post but have to disagree on the last comment. Coaching talented teams compared to less talented may be equally as difficult to coach, but not as  equally difficult to win , sorry. I've seen plenty of teams win with superior talent when they play teams w less talent and still win.  Problem is sooner or later those same coaches end up playing teams with equal talent!

• 2 weeks later...

Is UNLV ever going to release something on signing Jaylan?  I have seen several articles now on their website (www.unlvrebels.com) about other players they have signed but nothing on Jaylan.  It's confusing that these other players get their articles posted on the official athletic website.  I would be a little bit upset about that if I was Jaylan.  Getting an incoming freshman talent like Ballou should be getting headlines and articles before senior transfers imo.

23 hours ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:

Is UNLV ever going to release something on signing Jaylan?  I have seen several articles now on their website (www.unlvrebels.com) about other players they have signed but nothing on Jaylan.  It's confusing that these other players get their articles posted on the official athletic website.  I would be a little bit upset about that if I was Jaylan.  Getting an incoming freshman talent like Ballou should be getting headlines and articles before senior transfers imo.

Even ESPN has it

This is the hidden content, please

23 hours ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:

As long as his paperwork with the school is straight...what is there to be upset about?

On May 20, 2016 at 0:51 PM, GoBigBlue1997 said:

Some schools SID departments are better than others.   With the coaching carousel that has gone on there in the past few months, website is probably low on the list of priorities.  

I don't know.  I just find it strange that they can get it together enough to post on other players they sign but can't mention anything on Jaylan.  I'm not saying it's a big deal or anything but I would expect them to be a little more excited about being able to offer and sign him.  I would assume they would want to introduce him to the fan base, but whatever.  Hopefully he stands out on the court.

17 hours ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:

I don't know.  I just find it strange that they can get it together enough to post on other players they sign but can't mention anything on Jaylan.  I'm not saying it's a big deal or anything but I would expect them to be a little more excited about being able to offer and sign him.  I would assume they would want to introduce him to the fan base, but whatever.  Hopefully he stands out on the court.

I'm in contact with a good media source out there.  All is well for young Jaylan. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jaylan is on the UNLV team. A big time basketball program and he is a former Nederland player.  Really doesn't matter how he got there  because they all take different paths to play at the next level and play a game they love. I guarantee you all,  there are hundreds (actually thousands) who would love to be in Jaylan's place and didn't get the opportunity to play.

I look forward to watching all the kids play. They (all) will have their ups and downs in their careers but I think it will be mostly up, especially after getting that paper. After all, that's really what  this is all about, isn't it?