How will Bridge City look this year?

BADSANTA

I think we'll be fine.  Our QB (coach's son) is graduating, but his little brother will start as a junior, and supposedly has a better arm.  Been in Dad's system forever.  We're not expecting a drop-off at QB at all.  Our top LB is graduating as well, and the defensive side of the ball is where the season will be determined.  We've got plenty of speed in the secondary, but those guys are young. 

As far as who's coming  back, the leading RB from last year is returning, and we expect to have the other back(s) healthy this year.  We lost some key players before the district got going last year.  If I'm not mistaken, all of the O line and D line are returning this year.  The guys have been quietly putting in the work in the weight room, and with this being the second year in Dubois' system, we're expecting our execution on the offensive side of the ball to be on point this fall.  

Starting from scratch last season with a totally new offense went about as well as could be expected.  It's gonna be interesting to see how well the Tigres can adapt to Coach Smith's new scheme.  New faces, new coach, new team.... How do you think y'all will do as the fall rolls around?

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think we'll be fine.  Our QB (coach's son) is graduating, but his little brother will start as a junior, and supposedly has a better arm.  Been in Dad's system forever.  We're not expecting a drop-off at QB at all.  Our top LB is graduating as well, and the defensive side of the ball is where the season will be determined.  We've got plenty of speed in the secondary, but those guys are young. 

As far as who's coming  back, the leading RB from last year is returning, and we expect to have the other back(s) healthy this year.  We lost some key players before the district got going last year.  If I'm not mistaken, all of the O line and D line are returning this year.  The guys have been quietly putting in the work in the weight room, and with this being the second year in Dubois' system, we're expecting our execution on the offensive side of the ball to be on point this fall.  

Starting from scratch last season with a totally new offense went about as well as could be expected.  It's gonna be interesting to see how well the Tigres can adapt to Coach Smith's new scheme.  New faces, new coach, new team.... How do you think y'all will do as the fall rolls around?

District champions.

No worse than 2nd

8 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

District champions.

No worse than 2nd

I think Silsbee will beat at least two teams in the District and make the playoffs, but as a 3 or 4 seed.  Too many variables with Silsbee at this stage of the game to predict a DC.  

The new coach might be a football genius, but it's hard to get a bunch of high school kids to pick up a completely new offense and defense in such a short order.  You guys lost a ton of really good players, and the jury is still out as to who's going to step up and fill those shoes...if it can even be done.  There's no new Hudsons on the O Line, as far as I can tell.   I'll take last the Tiger's QB from last year over the new guy, no matter how badly he's shredded those stingy church school defenses in the past.  No offense intended.  The new coaching staff isn't familiar with the other teams in the district, etc, etc... Not to mention the Rattlers.  

Having said all of that, I'll be really impressed if you guys pull it off.  Either way, I'm looking forward to a really good football season and wish you guys the best of luck.  

52 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think Silsbee will beat at least two teams in the District and make the playoffs, but as a 3 or 4 seed.  Too many variables with Silsbee at this stage of the game to predict a DC.  

The new coach might be a football genius, but it's hard to get a bunch of high school kids to pick up a completely new offense and defense in such a short order.  You guys lost a ton of really good players, and the jury is still out as to who's going to step up and fill those shoes...if it can even be done.  There's no new Hudsons on the O Line, as far as I can tell.   I'll take last the Tiger's QB from last year over the new guy, no matter how badly he's shredded those stingy church school defenses in the past.  No offense intended.  The new coaching staff isn't familiar with the other teams in the district, etc, etc... Not to mention the Rattlers.  

Having said all of that, I'll be really impressed if you guys pull it off.  Either way, I'm looking forward to a really good football season and wish you guys the best of luck.  

No you don't.

57 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well at least 1 of those 2 district victories will be against BC

I expect the Tigers to have a really strong running game this year and a dangerous passing game.  The passing game could take a bit to get the timing right but it will come along.  my biggest questions are our offensive line and defense.  May take a few games but by the time district gets there we will be fine.  I expect us to be fighting for that top spot once again.

Being a current resident of Silsbee, although my heart is in Woodville, I can firmly say Go Tigers!! I plan on attending at least a couple of games this season. If this is true about the transfers, then they shouldn't finish any worse than second. Those two fill the top two voids they had on their offense. They'll be just fine. 

2 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Being a current resident of Silsbee, although my heart is in Woodville, I can firmly say Go Tigers!! I plan on attending at least a couple of games this season. If this is true about the transfers, then they shouldn't finish any worse than second. Those two fill the top two voids they had on their offense. They'll be just fine. 

you're going to need a new avatar/screen name after a while, ol'e bud

37 minutes ago, RayJr said:

you're going to need a new avatar/screen name after a while, ol'e bud

Naahh I know my heart will stay with my Eagles down in TyCo. But, I imagine the Silsbee Tigers have worked their way up to second on my list. But I can assure you, that's as far as they will go up. Lol

4 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

RB was not a void, we have a good running back coming back in Adonis Thomas. Qb and offensive line were our big losses from last years team.

• 4 weeks later...

It won't be the other son at QB for BC but it will be a dual threat QB (not gonna let the cat out of the bag just yet). He will be lethal for BC and the backfield will be scary.  With all the lineman returning. Only spots to be filled are on the D side which isn't many. Playoff run for sure for BC

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 5:30 PM, BC is back said:

It won't be the other son at QB for BC but it will be a dual threat QB (not gonna let the cat out of the bag just yet). He will be lethal for BC and the backfield will be scary.  With all the lineman returning. Only spots to be filled are on the D side which isn't many. Playoff run for sure for BC

B.T. will be the QB mark my word......I think I let the cat out the bag just a little....lol