Spring Football

TradenupBH

Just a update for BH. I have attended almost all of the practices for BH since I have a son playing. These coaches have brought a different level of of excitement and a up tempo style practice and the kids have bought in 100%. No one is standing around picking their nose or scratching their butts everyone is envolved. BH has taken a different turn in the way they are practicing and it shows. One thing for sure is that a single kid on the field will play both ways. We are at least 2 deep at every position on both sides of the ball. From our inter squad scrimmages our 1st team D is a freaking beast. Our offense is pretty good as well. Our Seniors are being leaders and the sophomores are stepping up and turning heads. 

19 minutes ago, BH96 said:

Just a update for BH. I have attended almost all of the practices for BH since I have a son playing. These coaches have brought a different level of of excitement and a up tempo style practice and the kids have bought in 100%. No one is standing around picking their nose or scratching their butts everyone is envolved. BH has taken a different turn in the way they are practicing and it shows. One thing for sure is that a single kid on the field will play both ways. We are at least 2 deep at every position on both sides of the ball. From our inter squad scrimmages our 1st team D is a freaking beast. Our offense is pretty good as well. Our Seniors are being leaders and the sophomores are stepping up and turning heads. 

The part I like most is that nobody will go both ways.  In my opinion, makes for a better team in the long run...

Kids are for sure learning the complex system, but coach is letting them have fun. The kids appear to be loose, but eager to learn. Kids are competing and fired up. A new attitude is growing at The Hill! Film, strength training, numerous work stations and alot of contact. I've been impressed. We shall see going forward.

My son told me a story about a D Line guy who had his chin split during full contact and blood squirting out. The kid starts yelling that he didn't have time to bleed and licks the blood from his hand. The kids went wild and started trying to knock each others heads off. Coaches had to make kid leave to get stitched up. Sounds positive. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

BH had their Spring game tonight. Overall, alot funner offense to watch. They kept it vanilla compared to what they've been doing at practice.  Ran the football alot tonight. Think we did that in case some folks from district schools were in the stands. Both offense and defense looked good. Should be a good beginning come Fall. We will be super, super young. Excited for football season. 

14 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

BH had their Spring game tonight. Overall, alot funner offense to watch. They kept it vanilla compared to what they've been doing at practice.  Ran the football alot tonight. Think we did that in case some folks from district schools were in the stands. Both offense and defense looked good. Should be a good beginning come Fall. We will be super, super young. Excited for football season. 

I seriously doubt anybody in our district was there to scout BH's spring game. 

14 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Glad the offense and defense looked good.  Cause if either looked bad while playing themselves BH would be in for a long season lol.

3 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Seriously doubt anyone cares to hear from goofy @$$ crosby folks. If they weren't,  they should've been.

Do you think anybody scouted Crosby's Spring game ? No.  It's just a way for the coaches and kids to go have fun. Crosby didn't even run anything close to the offense they would during the season. And it wasn't a Crosby offense vs. Crosby defense type game. It was coaches picking players in a draft to go have fun. "Should have been" scouting BH's Spring game...Please !  

32 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Seriously doubt anyone cares to hear from goofy @$$ crosby folks. If they weren't,  they should've been.

Will be interesting to see how a coach does coming from one of the largest most talent rich high schools in the nation to the hill good luck to ya.

#drinkingthecoolaid

19 hours ago, CCRed said:

Do you think anybody scouted Crosby's Spring game ? No.  It's just a way for the coaches and kids to go have fun. Crosby didn't even run anything close to the offense they would during the season. And it wasn't a Crosby offense vs. Crosby defense type game. It was coaches picking players in a draft to go have fun. "Should have been" scouting BH's Spring game...Please !  

I usually don't bring this up because it doesn't matter but didn't we just beat BH 74-19 in 7 on 7? That's before we add in the line of scrimmage. They probably ran the ball a lot because it's very obvious they still can't throw it. There were people scouting our Spring game though, they all had NCAA logos on their shirts.  

18 hours ago, CoogGuy said:

Will be interesting to see how a coach does coming from one of the largest most talent rich high schools in the nation to the hill good luck to ya.

#drinkingthecoolaid

Very true, they're actually the 17th most talented school in the nation since 2000. Off the top of my head I can't even think of one D1 prospect BH has even had in that period, I'm sure there's at least one though? Mix that with the fact that in his time at Allen Westeberg never coached a qb that didn't end up in the SEC or what is currently the Big 12 before Seth Green signed with Minnesota this year. While they're in different classes most of the time, those SEC and Big 12 qbs were being protected by at least four D1 offensive linemen too. Then they had at least two D1 receivers to throw to at all times, even had NFL backs like Jonathan Williams to had off to. What some people don't realize is that when you play in a semifinal and title games and you literally have TWICE the enrollment as your opponent, you have major built-in advantages that do not exist at BH.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

Crosby fans like CCfred with their arrogant attitude might wish they would of scouted BH after district starts.

Man, BH might beat Dayton. We play them right out of the box after coming off Santa Fe and Vidor, Westeberg is going to get baptized in his first district game. I know kids that they're looking at to play specific positions and those kids will be absolutely no threat to Crosby. You need players to win, why do you think Dayton isn't having that same success without Green and Dugat? Why do you think Ricky Tullos took a backwoods system to George Ranch and turned them into a powerhouse? You ever watched Katy run their bread and butter play, the toss crack out of a 1970's SWC game? You can coach up and scout whatever you want, better have you some players.

It's not outlandish to me to think that coaches in our district might have went to see some of BH's spring game. Any time a school with the kind of hard working kids and coaches that BH historically has, makes major changes, I think it'd be smart to get a look at them whenever possible. With the understanding  that they're keeping things simple of course. 

Cougar 14.2 has a fascination with BH for some reason. Every time BH is brought up, he chimes in with his professional insight. Nobody ever said we were going to beat everyone in district, nobody said we have the best talent in the district, nobody said any of the crap you delusional under performing Crosby people keep spewing. You're a good area team, but you aren't squat outside this area. That's TRUTH right there. We get on here to dicuss our school's, but you jack legs down every school ya'll can, especially BH and Dayton. Worry about ya'll and we'll worry about us. Been on here since 2008, Crosby people were hush, hush, put together a string of good seasons and now everybody sucks because they don't have a load D1 football players? Get out of here with that crap.

BTW, we've only been running a new system for 3 freaking weeks. We've literally went whole seasons with throwing the ball maybe 20 to 30 times. Now, we will be throwing that in a half of a game. It's going to take time.