Woodville AD/HC

slickarick1

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

I would advise keeping this thread civil and on topic or it will be locked again.

This thread was off topic for literally several pages.  Including posts from setx admin...so...we picking and choosing what's allowed to stay on topic?

Not that I care...because I really don't.  Just immediately thought of this thread when the other "Woodville AD/HC" conversation was deleted for being "off topic".  I was actually enjoying that other thread before being hijacked by a few guys that decided to talk about who had the better golf game....and then turned into a Silsbee golf thread.

Just saying..

With admin back at work today i'm hoping there first priority is essential paperwork and the hiring of a new guy. Lets get this done for the kids sake. After this long, just hire nelson instead of going through all the craziness. Why not call down the list on the next best guy you felt like a good fit. I know they want a 100% guy cuz they got egg in the face from the foreman situation. 

39 minutes ago, thatdudetornado said:

With admin back at work today i'm hoping there first priority is essential paperwork and the hiring of a new guy. Lets get this done for the kids sake. After this long, just hire nelson instead of going through all the craziness. Why not call down the list on the next best guy you felt like a good fit. I know they want a 100% guy cuz they got egg in the face from the foreman situation. 

Nelson has resigned from Woodville ISD. I can almost assure you he won't be our next HC.

18 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

This thread was off topic for literally several pages.  Including posts from setx admin...so...we picking and choosing what's allowed to stay on topic?

Not that I care...because I really don't.  Just immediately thought of this thread when the other "Woodville AD/HC" conversation was deleted for being "off topic".  I was actually enjoying that other thread before being hijacked by a few guys that decided to talk about who had the better golf game....and then turned into a Silsbee golf thread.

Just saying..

15) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments about anyone - this includes non-members of the forums.

17) The admins and moderators here are volunteers. They dedicate a portion of their time to helping us with the forums. 

3 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Nelson has resigned from Woodville ISD. I can almost assure you he won't be our next HC.

His resignation is on his current position as teacher/coach and not effective till last school day due to the fact you cannot be contracted to two districts at eh same time. He could also send resignation to Dangerfield if contract has been signed. Still could be offered and accept position at Woodville. Would have left position as teach/coach anyway to be ad/hc. 

14 minutes ago, bigdog said:

15) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments about anyone - this includes non-members of the forums.

17) The admins and moderators here are volunteers. They dedicate a portion of their time to helping us with the forums. No abuse or disrespect of any of the admins or moderators will be tolerated.

Please underline exactly what it was that I typed that you consider rumor, suspicion, or slanderous.

I simply pointed out a thread that started off as a conversation about 2 basketball teams that were playing in the state finals game....and literally, the last 2+ pages of a 17 page conversation were about a few individuals setting up a golf game for money.  Then...talking about the history of Silsbee golf.  Including posts (about Golf) by setx admin. I encourage you to review that thread and tell me that I'm wrong.  Then please review my previous post and point out to me exactly what words I used that were against forum rules.

29 minutes ago, bigdog said:

17) The admins and moderators here are volunteers. They dedicate a portion of their time to helping us with the forums. 

Translation:

I can do what I want because I have a pretend title.

53 minutes ago, slickarick1 said:

His resignation is on his current position as teacher/coach and not effective till last school day due to the fact you cannot be contracted to two districts at eh same time. He could also send resignation to Dangerfield if contract has been signed. Still could be offered and accept position at Woodville. Would have left position as teach/coach anyway to be ad/hc. 

Touché.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Please underline exactly what it was that I typed that you consider rumor, suspicion, or slanderous.

I simply pointed out a thread that started off as a conversation about 2 basketball teams that were playing in the state finals game....and literally, the last 2+ pages of a 17 page conversation were about a few individuals setting up a golf game for money.  Then...talking about the history of Silsbee golf.  Including posts (about Golf) by setx admin. I encourage you to review that thread and tell me that I'm wrong.  Then please review my previous post and point out to me exactly what words I used that were against forum rules.

I didn't accuse you of anything, I simply posted the rules regarding slander or rumors and the fact that we are volunteers and don't catch everything due to other obligations (like a real job).

Just now, bigdog said:

Translation:  If you don't like or cant' abide by the rules set out by the owner of the site (Not me or any of the other mods or admins) then go somewhere else.

putting your big boy britches on today I see.

This is a prime example of do as I say, not as I do.  

Can we please get back to who is going to work in Woodville ISD, not who did or didn't break the rules.

1 minute ago, bigdog said:

I didn't accuse you of anything, I simply posted the rules regarding slander or rumors and the fact that we are volunteers and don't catch everything due to other obligations (like a real job).

You quoted my post before you "simply posted the rules regarding slander or rumors".  Why wouldn't I think you were referring to that post in regard to slander and rumors?

By the way...when this thread was deleted the first time for being "off topic" people were having a conversation about a coach that may or may not be good for the Woodville AD position...which is what the name of this topic is.

The thread that I was referring to...for subsequently being "off topic"...is still alive and kicking over in the basketball forum.  Hasn't been a post recently, but it wasn't deleted.

Nobody is saying you guys aren't appreciated for doing what you do.  I know I get a kick out of this site.  But if the staff of setx is going to delete threads for being off topic...do it to all of them.  

Just now, TomEvans said:

Can we please get back to who is going to work in Woodville ISD, not who did or didn't break the rules.

My "britches" fit just find thank you very much.   If you find that I do something out of line then feel free to point it out to the admins but I stay withing the rules.

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

You quoted my post before you "simply posted the rules regarding slander or rumors".  Why wouldn't I think you were referring to that post in regard to slander and rumors?

By the way...when this thread was deleted the first time for being "off topic" people were having a conversation about a coach that may or may not be good for the Woodville AD position...which is what the name of this topic is.

The thread that I was referring to...for subsequently being "off topic"...is still alive and kicking over in the basketball forum.  Hasn't been a post recently, but it wasn't deleted.

Nobody is saying you guys aren't appreciated for doing what you do.  I know I get a kick out of this site.  But if the staff of setx is going to delete threads for being off topic...do it to all of them.  

I am sorry if I wasn't clear as to what I was referring to.  But yes, the previous Woodville thread had descended to slandering and attacking a coach who was being discussed as a candidate and it was removed as it should have been.  As far as patrolling all of the threads on this board, like I said we can't be everywhere at once.  There are hundreds of posters and thread posts on here everyday so we also need the help of the posters on this site.  There is a button on the bottom corner of every post that allows it to be reported to the admins/mods.  We will review the post and take appropriate action.  So I ask you and everyone else to help out keeping this board cleaned up and a place that is enjoyable to all.

5 minutes ago, bigdog said:

I am sorry if I wasn't clear as to what I was referring to.  But yes, the previous Woodville thread had descended to slandering and attacking a coach who was being discussed as a candidate and it was removed as it should have been.  As far as patrolling all of the threads on this board, like I said we can't be everywhere at once.  There are hundreds of posters and thread posts on here everyday so we also need the help of the posters on this site.  There is a button on the bottom corner of every post that allows it to be reported to the admins/mods.  We will review the post and take appropriate action.  So I ask you and everyone else to help out keeping this board cleaned up and a place that is enjoyable to all.

Well, at least 1 admin (not to mention any names) knew about it because they were right in the dead middle of the "off topic conversation".  That...like I said...went on for several pages.  All I'm saying.

Why can't off topic posts just be removed?  Without getting rid of the entire conversation...

12 minutes ago, TomEvans said:

Tom, you aren't new to the site, but haven't posted much so here is the full rule on Moderators/Admins.  I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt on this.

17) The admins and moderators here are volunteers. They dedicate a portion of their time to helping us with the forums. No abuse or disrespect of any of the admins or moderators will be tolerated.

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

Well, at least 1 admin (not to mention any names) knew about it because they were right in the dead middle of the "off topic conversation".  That...like I said...went on for several pages.  All I'm saying.

Then I would encourage you to take that up with that admin or another one.