Dallas Lincoln 75 Silsbee 72/Final

Honestly , if Lincoln doesn't start plying conservative ball, they beat Silsbee by 10+. If you stop Silsbee from running then you can beat them. It's not as easy as it seems. Now with Grubbs and Thomas leaving, they have some big shoes to be filled. Grubbs was arguably the best player when healthy. With Yates and a few other Houston teams moving down it'll only get harder for the Tigers but I believe they'll pull through and be back 

The game I watched showed 2 Teams not running any half court sets. This was a run & gun show from the start. I'm disappointed that the refs allowed so much contact during this game. I've seen less contact in the NBA. Also refs needed to identify with who traveled & charge calls. I was very impressed with the fight Silsbee showed, if they would have taken the lead on a couple of those shots towards the end it may have been different. I've said in once & I'll say it again, you can't only play uptempo ball, must be able to score in half court sets, but we have so many individualized teams today compiled with this "I'm gonna get mine" summer ball, Team ball is seldom taught. I told my Wife before this game started, both teams would have 20 TO's. I was close on that one. Silsbee has great individual talent & can run with the Best, but what are you gonna do when you face a Team with similar style of play and athletes also? Not a question to single out any team, just a serious question. Can you adjust? Praying the young man has a great recovery from his injury. I've followed his game for years, definitely has a quality about him you can't teach. Good Luck Tigers, from what I hear, we will see you in SA again soon.

Silsbee will be twice as good next year. I can't wait for the news to come out and become true. Also, I see a lot of people saying Silsbee was not running half court sets. Yes they were... Lincoln just did a great job defending them. Silsbee will ALWAYS be a run and gun team. So many athletes and now a lot of basketball talent. I do not think I noticed any player from Silsbee play " I'm gonna get mine" ball. Why is no one mentioning free throws? Make those and make layups, Silsbee wins by 10+. Very proud of those young men. 

8 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Trump supporter? Why?.. Did I misspell something.  As far as politics go...I'm actually thinking about not voting for the first time in years.  Only reason I might is to cancel out someone's Bernie/Hillary vote.

As far as basketball...all those schools are zone teams huh? Majority of the game?  I think you ought to pay a little closer attention. I personally like Texas decision to hire Smart.  I loved VCU while he was there...one of the last diamond press guys left.  Tribute to Billy Donovan.  But half court...they play man my friend.  Like I said...pay closer attention.

I agree and was advocating Texas to hire Shaka for a couple of years before they did.  Why?  Because I think he is one of the best teachers of defense in the game at any level.  They do press in the back court but his pressure man defense with all 5 players playing team defense is a thing of beauty.  And it wears a team down as much or more than the press.  They do throw some zone in (which most teams do) but I like this as well to give teams different looks. 

And FWIW, I think Sigler does a very good job at coaching man defense at Silsbee as well.  They do a very good job at playing man and still trapping out of it at the right times. 

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I watched the game.  Here are my thoughts, if the 2 teams played a best of 3 no doubt in my mind that Silsbee would win, I think they had the better team. But in a one game do or die anything can happen and it did.  I think that when Silsbee went in the zone that wasn't a great decision, they had several uncontested 3s hit on them that put them in panic mode.  I also think anytime you have a press and run team like Silsbee is the kids tend to reach and they pick up bad fouls plus driving in the lane out of control costs you possessions and fouls.  No matter what team lost, either could have looked at several things that cost them the game, but congtats to Silsbee on a great year, and hoping the duplicate the effort next year

Silsbeealum I really find it funny that when someone doesn't agree with the masses on here you perceive it as hate lol I'm not sure if you were paying attention or not but I said ALL year that Silsbee had a good chance of winning state this year and next so you saying I've never say anything positive about the Tigers is absurd when in fact I've had nothing but good things to say about them all year...however I had not seen Silsbee play until Friday and after I actually watched them play I noticed many flaws in their game in which I pointed out before the game started yesterday and I turned out to be %100 correct I'm kind of confused as to why it's being mistaken for hate but oh well. 

2 hours ago, Silsbeealum14 said:
2 hours ago, Silsbeealum14 said:

Where did you get that I was hating. I stated before the playoffs started and even before I seen Silsbee play with my own two eyes the style that would beat them. The positive thing is, Silsbee is young and will get better because of the loss. But, they'll need to be taught more of the game that will better prepare them to face an opponent that can create match up problems.

One thing I pointed out when I seen Liberty play Silsbee was the 3 point shot not falling. I may be wrong, but I believe it never started falling the entire playoffs and it certainly didn't come into play vs. Lincoln...I seen poor shooting quite frankly. Get that worked on and start working thru some good half court sets and your Tigers will be unstoppable. It's the little things, I think. But hey..........they made it to state. One helluva accomplishment, eh.

15 minutes ago, Lazeek said:

I think that Silsbee got exposed against Lincoln.  The only question is who has the coaching and players to execute and beat them?  Not too many in my opinion. 

Silsbee got exposed? They lost in the state championship game by 3. 2nd in state. They beat most their teams by 30 or more in district and playoffs. Here is what got exposed in my opinion.... Little ole Silsbee can play with those big Dallas and Houston teams with their young kids. They have 10 kids that could go for 15 and 10 on any given night. They lose their BEST player in the 3rd Q and make a great comeback to almost win the game. Exposed?? Maybe on free throws...Thats about it

Just now, bradyb said:

Ozenfinest is not a Silsbee Hater lol He just likes to argue and try to prove his point like all of us. Man you watch one game and found out Silsbee's weaknesses? lol Come on man!!!!! lol

Yes. Lol

Agree to disagree.....the recipe is not out there.  

And the main reason they got back into the game, is simply due to the fact that the refs let them play in the 2nd half.

Just to be clear.....not once have you heard me say that Silsbee is not good or talented.  I have tons of respect for them, and earned a little more in the way they played at State.

2 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Ozenfinest is not a Silsbee Hater lol He just likes to argue and try to prove his point like all of us. Man you watch one game and found out Silsbee's weaknesses? lol Come on man!!!!! lol

Well seeing that I was a %100 right about how to beat Silsbee(which is exactly how Lincoln beat them) yeah...didn't take a genius to see that Silsbee didn't play sound defense at all.

2 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Well seeing that I was a %100 right about how to beat Silsbee(which is exactly how Lincoln beat them) yeah...didn't take a genius to see that Silsbee didn't play sound defense at all.

Name more than one team in 4a that can do it? lol Hell, I can sit here and tell you how to beat Lebron 1 on 1.... But if you cant do it then it dont matter 

12 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Silsbeealum I really find it funny that when someone doesn't agree with the masses on here you perceive it as hate lol I'm not sure if you were paying attention or not but I said ALL year that Silsbee had a good chance of winning state this year and next so you saying I've never say anything positive about the Tigers is absurd when in fact I've had nothing but good things to say about them all year...however I had not seen Silsbee play until Friday and after I actually watched them play I noticed many flaws in their game in which I pointed out before the game started yesterday and I turned out to be %100 correct I'm kind of confused as to why it's being mistaken for hate but oh well. 

Oh well !!!

1 minute ago, bradyb said:

No... They made it to a state championship game and played a much bigger (Longer) team. What weakness does Silsbee have? Maybe they have trouble running half court sets against long athletes that play good man defense...But apparently Lincoln was the only team in the state in 4a that fits that description? 

You are exactly right. I didn't watch 4a all year and paid no attention. I just proposed a recipe that would create havoc for a team like Silsbee NOT knowing there was indeed only 1 team in the entir state that could impose their style onto Silsbee and be successful.

There seems to have been quite a down year this year in region III for whatever reason that may be. Same with 3a and 2a level.

Big Sandy was smoking people off all classifications in Region III and got to the state tournament against a longer all white "slow" halfcourt, man up defense and really was never in sync the entire game. Then that team turned around and got man handled by the other all white "slow paced man up defense that fundamentalled that crap out of them....I'm not sure why the region had a setback this year, but Silsbee was head and shoulders better than anyone I had seen come out of the region aside from Ozen/Central - not seeing them ?

Just now, MOSSHILL said:

You are exactly right. I didn't watch 4a all year and paid no attention. I just proposed a recipe that would create havoc for a team like Silsbee NOT knowing there was indeed only 1 team in the entir state that could impose their style onto Silsbee and be successful.

There seems to have been quite a down year this year in region III for whatever reason that may be. Same with 3a and 2a level.

Big Sandy was smoking people off all classifications in Region III and got to the state tournament against a longer all white "slow" halfcourt, man up defense and really was never in sync the entire game. Then that team turned around and got man handled by the other all white "slow paced man up defense that fundamentalled that crap out of them....I'm not sure why the region had a setback this year, but Silsbee was head and shoulders better than anyone I had seen come out of the region aside from Ozen/Central - not seeing them ?

Silsbee beat Central by 3 without their football players...