#1 Ft.Bend Elkins-vs- #5 Beaumont Ozen

There's no doubt in my military mind lol you(SportsJunkie)will be picking against Ozen for the 3rd consecutive game. Riding with #1-Elkins the odds are favorable.Elkins is a great team they were talking the talk last night after handling Yates. It's yet to be proven if they can walk the walk today with the match up with "under dog" Ozen...

4 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

What championship pedigree does the guard have from Ozen???

When he says third best in the State of Texas, he is not aware the State extends past Houston.  He "thinks" this player is better than Carson Edwards, Jacob Young, and Greg Shead among others.  Most disagree but okay.  But if he thinks he is better than Andrew Jones, Terrance Ferguson, Cam McGusty, etc., he is truly "remedial" in the judging of basketball talent.  Not to mention any non-seniors. 

34 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

When he says third best in the State of Texas, he is not aware the State extends past Houston.  He "thinks" this player is better than Carson Edwards, Jacob Young, and Greg Shead among others.  Most disagree but okay.  But if he thinks he is better than Andrew Jones, Terrance Ferguson, Cam McGusty, etc., he is truly "remedial" in the judging of basketball talent.  Not to mention any non-seniors. 

6A 5A etc does Terrance Ferguson play in UIL? Exactly 

5 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

6A 5A etc does Terrance Ferguson play in UIL? Exactly 

He plays in the State.  He is from Texas.  Andrew Jones plays is from Texas and is from the State.  If you tune in to the McDonald's all american game, you can see him play. 

Did you say "in the State" or "in UIL"?  Exactly. 

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

McGusy in Oklahoma now,  I think. 

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

McGusy in Oklahoma now,  I think. Ooops,  sorry TxHoops,  didn't see your last reply.  Kansas/Okie,  I knew he was up there somewhere in those Tornado alley states. 

Are you serious ,McGusty the same kid who ripped his jersey off and threw it at the Super16 year before last ,He got exposed by some jv players from Ozen lollll cmon TxHoops he decent but he isnt better than Boyd neither is Young,Carsen or Shead(not even close). Ill give you Fox,Caldwell,Jones,Ferg they are very good but he is a top 5 guard in greater Houston and a top 10 guard in the state ask Hicks and TexasHoopsGaso . Again if he played on a sponsored team he would have all the accolades those guys do..nothig against them but it what it is 

7 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Are you serious ,McGusty the same kid who ripped his jersey off and threw it at the Super16 year before last ,He got exposed by some jv players from Ozen lollll cmon TxHoops he decent but he isnt better than Boyd neither is Young,Carsen or Shead(not even close). Ill give you Fox,Caldwell,Jones,Ferg they are very good but he is a top 5 guard in greater Houston and a top 10 guard in the state ask Hicks and TexasHoopsGaso . Again if he played on a sponsored team he would have all the accolades those guys do..nothig against them but it what it is 

I know, I know.  Kam McGusty is going to OU, got offered by Texas, Louisville, NC St., Indiana, Florida, Auburn, Indiana, USC, and many, many more D1 offers because he played for the Houston Defenders instead of Team Sneed.  I think Josh is very good but when you guys make statements like that...I don't know how he played against the Panthers JV 2 years ago but he is ranked in the top 50 in the country overall and has been for since last summer (when it counts vs. on JV vs Ozen). I hope he isn't losing sleep about that game though man. I really, really do.  

I do agree though, Mamba, that Boyd would have gotten much more summer exposure had he played elsewhere and would have had some more offers.  But he isn't on the same planet as McGusty.  If you haven't seen him play in the last 18 months, you haven't seen him play. 

You can have 1,000 offers means nothing we all know how they work when one school offers from the conference generally most schools offer too not because they really want the kid but to hinder the school who really wants him process. Your not talking to a novice sir ..Boyd's skill set and McGusty skill set are far apart with Boyd having the better. As i said before if he played on a SHOE SPONSORED team then he wouldve have just as many offers it doesnt take a genuis to know that TxHoops cmon man . And McGusty is at the prep school not because of his talent but grades he wasnt gonna get into OK had he not gone there 

8 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

You can have 1,000 offers means nothing we all know how they work when one school offers from the conference generally most schools offer too not because they really want the kid but to hinder the school who really wants him process. Your not talking to a novice sir ..Boyd's skill set and McGusty skill set are far apart with Boyd having the better. As i said before if he played on a SHOE SPONSORED team then he wouldve have just as many offers it doesnt take a genuis to know that TxHoops cmon man . And McGusty is at the prep school not because of his talent but grades he wasnt gonna get into OK had he not gone there 

I'm not saying you're a novice.  But if you've seen the two play in the past year and hold that opinion, you gotta change those blue and gold colored glasses.  You're right they are far apart but not how you believe.  As you said, ask Hicks.  He'll tell you the same.  As will Reggie Rankin.  As will most any college coach whose seen them both. 

But I do agree with you on the sneaker team thing, as I already said in my previous post. 

Ok TxHoops ok lol i dont have blue and gold colored glasses but i do give props ill give you this one though Kendrick Davis is the best pg in 2018 class but you know why they got Jaeden Ledee above him is because their looking at the potential but Davis is a monster on the COURT.. Kid just went at Fox and staked his claim. The proof is in the pudding i say that because the same can be said about Boyd and any other player some think are better in the state.

7 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Ok TxHoops ok lol i dont have blue and gold colored glasses but i do give props ill give you this one though Kendrick Davis is the best pg in 2018 class but you know why they got Jaeden Ledee above him is because their looking at the potential but Davis is a monster on the COURT.. Kid just went at Fox and staked his claim. The proof is in the pudding i say that because the same can be said about Boyd and any other player some think are better in the state.

I hear you.  No question Boyd is a special player and I very much agree underrated.  We all have our opinions and you know what they say :D 

And the Davis kid can really go.