Silsbee 104 Houston Furr 59/Final

WOSgrad

24 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Tigers struggled shooting the 3 ball most of the night.  Finally hitting a few late. 95-51 with another

I told y'all guys about that 3 pointer contest bologna. These kids need to spend more time in the paint and stop settling for the 3ball.

I am crossing my fingers that does not bite them in the butt down the road.

Score by quarters

1             2             3             4          tot

Furr                    12          14            19           14         59

Silsbee               18          27            20           39       104

FT %

Furr           10/23    44%

Silsbee      26/39    67%

3 Point %

Furr           3/18   17%

Silsbee     10/37  27% (at one time was 4/28, 14%)

Rebounds

Furr            30

Silsbee       45

Turnovers

Furr            43

Silsbee       21

Fouls

Furr             27

Silsbee        22

Individual scoring

Furr

Deondre Jones                  23 (15 reb., 6 block shots)

Andrew Malveaux              12

Adam Welch                        7

Justin Crawford                    4

Adrian Henry                        4

Geovanni Martinez              3

Joseph Lazard                     2

D'Tallion Joseph                  2

Bryan Walker                       1

Jacobi Joubert                      1

Silsbee

Tre Grubbs                           17 (11 rebounds, 7 steals, 9/13 FT)

Jordyn Adams                      15 (3/9 three's)

Trajan Harris                         14 (2/10 three's, 4 steals, 4/4 FT)

Devon McCain                      13 (9 assists, 7 rebounds)

Adonis Thomas                     10

Rick Maze                              8 (2/10 three's)

Kalon Barnes                         8 (12 rebounds)

Bruce Newton                        5

Dontre Thomas                      5

Landon Crowder                    5

Tre Lowe                               2

Kolten Mackey                      2 (9 rebounds)

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I'd really like to see Silsbee stop shooting so many 3 pointers. Jordyn Adams can put the ball on the floor and score at will. Devon McCain should shoot more. He can get to the rim whenever he feels like it. Silsbee isn't a great 3point shooting team. 

May not be great, but they are much better than they have been the past several seasons.

But, I too would like to see them attack the basket more. I really have a problem with a player being 1-2 feet from basket, with open look, then kick it out to someone to shoot 3, then missing that shot 80% of the time. Not to get on any certain player, but Grubbs should have had 22-25 points last night but chose not to finish at rim but kick ball out to 3 point shooter. I know on two occasions he had ball to the rim then chose to pass it to corner. Just don't like those percentages.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

May not be great, but they are much better than they have been the past several seasons.

But, I too would like to see them attack the basket more. I really have a problem with a player being 1-2 feet from basket, with open look, then kick it out to someone to shoot 3, then missing that shot 80% of the time. Not to get on any certain player, but Grubbs should have had 22-25 points last night but chose not to finish at rim but kick ball out to 3 point shooter. I know on two occasions he had ball to the rim then chose to pass it to corner. Just don't like those percentages.

I noticed those as well, one really stuck out in my mind.  However in this game at least, I have mixed feelings on the number of 3s we shot, when you are 4 for 28 it definitely seems we need to go to another option a little more.  That could lead to problems against better teams. But then you get a run like the 4th quarter and it opens things up.  In this one despite throwing up that many 3s we got to the ft line for 39 attempts so it looks like we had a pretty good mix.  I did notice some more drives to the basket by Adams, it was good to see that.  

I definitely don't like seeing the giving up of what should almost certainly be a basket for an attempt at a three, especially when shooting those numbers.  

That is kind of my point 39 ft attempts a big part of that,. More drives and a late hot streak.  Just don't like giving up some of those layups.  Only concern would be that poor shooting night coming in a big game, maybe better to say a tough game.  That's when we may need to adjust a little.