Silsbee open

Pepper Brooks

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I wonder if it's realized that there were/are some possible applicants that was/are here interested in the open position?  Just good for thought...

Oh I'm sure. I noticed a couple of them signed up and posted on the previous thread that was taken down

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I wonder if it's realized that there were/are some possible applicants that was/are here interested in the open position?  Just good for thought...

Maybe that is a good thing. Potential coaches would like to know what they are getting into, rather than be blind sided by issues that they did not even know existed. Full disclosure can be a good thing, I know of a coach that has applied and information is important.

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Actually, no it's not.  Quite frankly, between monitoring game venues for the girls basketball playoffs, and scores for boys basketball, boys and girls soccer and the opening day for girls, I had not even had the opportunity to see who the new folks were.  There were just issues regarding Coach McGallion personally and others causing racial issues.  Pepper asked me if ANY topics were out of bounds and I'll tell you what I told him.  Topics regarding the position are fair game, but they will be monitored closely.

Just now, WOSgrad said:

Actually, no it's not.  Quite frankly, between monitoring game venues for the girls basketball playoffs, and scores for boys basketball, boys and girls soccer and the opening day for girls, I had not even had the opportunity to see who the new folks were.  There were just issues regarding Coach McGallion personally and others causing racial issues.  Pepper asked me if ANY topics were out of bounds and I'll tell you what I told him.  Topics regarding the position are fair game, but they will be monitored closely.

Hey!! I was just asking for a friend.:)

I do hope the new Coach whether it be an inside guy or not does take a stronger stand on discipline.  It will be a hard fight but it will be for the better.  I do know in one big game this year there was one stance made and I was glad to see it.  As far as conditioning, I know it could be better but think it looked somewhat worse due to the time our defense stayed on the field and the number of players playing both sides of the ball.  I am interested to see the list when it's released.

1 minute ago, ST413 said:

I do hope the new Coach whether it be an inside guy or not does take a stronger stand on discipline.  It will be a hard fight but it will be for the better.  I do know in one big game this year there was one stance made and I was glad to see it.  As far as conditioning, I know it could be better but think it looked somewhat worse due to the time our defense stayed on the field and the number of players playing both sides of the ball.  I am interested to see the list when it's released.

If you are going to win Championships then discipline is a must. Silsbee has enough talent, size, speed and athletes overall that they should have 22 starters and probably 19 or 20 finishers. No need for a bunch of kids to play both ways and on special teams.

Other schools usually come out with a list pretty quick but it's like everyone is on pins and neddles waiting on silsbee and they keep entertaining us lol keeping it a secret I like what silsbee baseball did bringing back a youngcoach who went to school at silsbee who had a passion and desire to get a championship for silsbee baseball and almost did let's do the same for football let's get it right silsbee and try to win state 

Just now, MBaller#1 said:

Other schools usually come out with a list pretty quick but it's like everyone is on pins and neddles waiting on silsbee and they keep entertaining us lol keeping it a secret I like what silsbee baseball did bringing back a youngcoach who went to school at silsbee who had a passion and desire to get a championship for silsbee baseball and almost did let's do the same for football let's get it right silsbee and try to win state 

No they do not. Lists only come out after the job opening is closed and then it usually takes someone from the media to request the list.

It has only been a week. Jeez!

Some people will want Silsbee to promote from within and some will want an outside hire.

Whether its from the inside or the outside, I just want what is best for the kids, and hopefully whoever that coach may be, will be able to get the Tigers to a state championship in the not so distant future.