Mosshill

BADSANTA

There's no slow ball team in this region capable of beating them, unless HJ gets Parquet back, and that would still be a slim chance.  The only thing that can slow down the Tigers is an officiating crew that calls a super tight game or their shot selection if they're ice cold from deep.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

There's no slow ball team in this region capable of beating them, unless HJ gets Parquet back, and that would still be a slim chance.  The only thing that can slow down the Tigers is an officiating crew that calls a super tight game or their shot selection if they're ice cold from deep.

Obviously Silsbee has a very good team this year (as most), but are you conceding that some crews have let them get away with more physical play than the letter of the rules allows?  Missing a call is one thing, ignoring it is entirely different. Not taking a shot at you for the comment, I'm sure it's accurate but I'm wondering if that "loose" officiating led to not just a win, but a dominant win last Friday.

35 minutes ago, TeamJagUS said:

Obviously Silsbee has a very good team this year (as most), but are you conceding that some crews have let them get away with more physical play than the letter of the rules allows?  Missing a call is one thing, ignoring it is entirely different. Not taking a shot at you for the comment, I'm sure it's accurate but I'm wondering if that "loose" officiating led to not just a win, but a dominant win last Friday.

Not really.  There's a certain amount of physicality, bumping, reaching in, and hand checking involved in a high pressure defense, and Silsbee employed all of these against HJ.  The refs were consistent throughout the game, and let a lot of this go.  They COULD have called a lot more fouls, but they would've been soft, ticky tack fouls.  I don't think they called a bad game at all, and I don't think HJ got hosed in the least, so I don't want anyone thinking I'm making excuses.  Silsbee outplayed and outmanned HJ by a wide margin, and were completely deserving of the result.  I'm simply saying that IF they run into a group of officials who are calling a tight game, and not letting a little contact go, it could cause them some problems, not so much in foul trouble because of their depth, but because of the foul shots their opponents will accumulate.

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Not really.  There's a certain amount of physicality, bumping, reaching in, and hand checking involved in a high pressure defense, and Silsbee employed all of these against HJ.  The refs were consistent throughout the game, and let a lot of this go.  They COULD have called a lot more fouls, but they would've been soft, ticky tack fouls.  I don't think they called a bad game at all, and I don't think HJ got hosed in the least, so I don't want anyone thinking I'm making excuses.  Silsbee outplayed and outmanned HJ by a wide margin, and were completely deserving of the result.  I'm simply saying that IF they run into a group of officials who are calling a tight game, and not letting a little contact go, it could cause them some problems, not so much in foul trouble because of their depth, but because of the foul shots their opponents will accumulate.

Wow !! I can't believe you didn't mention Parquet in this one lol....Just kidding, good point though.

there is no doubt that a team with a good big man and good guards will be a tough game fore us.  Even though we are a pressing team, this isn't what I would consider your normal pressing team.  Yes we can still give up easy buckets when the press is broke and fall into some of those traps, but even with good guards a team will have to be careful.  They may get past our press but have to deal with one or two guys coming from behind for the steal at any moment.  The speed on this team is the big factor,. Wwe can take chances and still recover.  Get in a half court set and th speed still leads to jumping passing lanes or traps leading to turnovers.  Sure that team makeup is a tough one for us but you better perform and it may still not be enough.

now as far as the way the game is called, that is a bigger worry for me.  We have to adjust and not let it dictate our play.  And by that I don't mean our style of play that will have to be adjusted some but I mean our play as more as an individual in the sense that we can't lose our focus or get so frustrated it takes us out of the game.  The officiating can definitely keep you from getting into a rhythm.  We will just have to adjust and play our best.