SETXsports REALIGNMENT SPECIAL/MONDAY AT 8:45 AM!

WOSgrad

The results of splitting classifications are getting ridiculous.  Navasota in the same district as BC and LCM?  We'll have to drive past a ton of quality opponents to be able to play our "district games." 

But you have to admit, we play in one heck of a good district.  HH, LCM, Silsbee, BC, Navasota, are usually good programs.  If Livingston gets back on track you have six teams that would be a legitimate playoff quality teams in most districts.  

Well, looks like 21-5A is a nine team district again. I'm assuming Crosby's tentative game with PAM is off now? Probably only get Manvel and Foster in non-district now. Going to be extremely rough for Caney Creek and Splendora. Splendora basically has 4A numbers and struggled in that class last year and Caney Creek has only won like seven games the last four years. Certainly weakened the district adding those two schools, hopefully Porter gets stronger under their new staff and makes up for it.

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, looks like 21-5A is a nine team district again. I'm assuming Crosby's tentative game with PAM is off now? Probably only get Manvel and Foster in non-district now. Going to be extremely rough for Caney Creek and Splendora. Splendora basically has 4A numbers and struggled in that class last year and Caney Creek has only won like seven games the last four years. Certainly weakened the district adding those two schools, hopefully Porter gets stronger under their new staff and makes up for it.

And watch out for BH!

2 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

Once again Barbers Hill avoids 22-5A. Why do teams from 22-5A have to keep leap frogging BH to play teams further away? Does not make any sense. Other then that the district looks good.

I honestly think the UIL will do what they can to avoid splitting up BH, Crosby and Dayton for whatever reason that may be. I know Dayton was sent east one alignment but I think the UIL almost sees the three schools as an ISD and will avoid splitting them if they can.

3 minutes ago, NDNation said:

And watch out for BH!

BH is still probably a couple of years away judging from what they had coming through the system, you can always get a transfer though. The teams that could surprise people are Porter and KP in my opinion. KP is big with some good skill players coming through the program and KP's old coach just took over at Porter, which has the same type of athletes as he had at KP with at similar enrollment.