Beaumont Ozen 79 Nederland 76/Final

WOSgrad

6 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Is someone really questioning the coaching of Brian English? If so, whomever (because I dont' feel like sorting out the who part, is a moron.

He had a Vidor team that beat Ozen TWICE in one year. The Ozen team with Kendrick Perkins on the team if memory serves me correct. Now the job he has done at Nederland is outstanding. I don't know his overall record but ask anyone who knows anything about the local scene and they will agree he is one of the best around. The Bulldogs were in the regional tournament few years ago. 

Nope wrong it was 2007

6 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Is someone really questioning the coaching of Brian English? If so, whomever (because I dont' feel like sorting out the who part, is a moron.

He had a Vidor team that beat Ozen TWICE in one year. The Ozen team with Kendrick Perkins on the team if memory serves me correct. Now the job he has done at Nederland is outstanding. I don't know his overall record but ask anyone who knows anything about the local scene and they will agree he is one of the best around. The Bulldogs were in the regional tournament few years ago. 

Out of likes, Gabe.  Suffice it to say, you were accurate in the description of "whomever it was."

13 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I don't go off speculation I only talk facts...and you've still yet to answer the question what has english accomplished as a head basketball coach that make you guys consider him the best coach in the area? Regionals? State appearances? District titles? I mean he's been in the district for well over ten years I believe and have what two district titles? 1 regional appearance? I saw that you brought up his age well Boutte was 26 or 27 when he won his first state title so throw that excuse out the window. Let me ask you a question TxHoops if I gave you a resume with no name on it but those same accomplishments I just named would still consider that person a great coach? 

PS. I hear Westbrook is opening up this spring tell English to go apply then there will be no excuse about he has no talent. And speaking of talent he's been stealing some of the best players from PA for years and you mean to tell me he's still getting bounced out first & second round with them? Lol smh

Oh facts?  Let's just say English almost always beats the teams he's supposed to beat (did he lose to LCM?) and beats those he shouldn't much of the time.  But let's use you guys' logic.  Saveat is 0-2 vs a first time head coach so obviously he's not as good as Ozen's rival's new coach, right?

And since a very average coach named John Brady led LSU to a Final Four, he must be a better coach than one who has never accomplished that.  Like say, a Pete Carril?

keep dealing in "facts," sport...

10 minutes ago, Gabe said:

It was the year after perk graduated...now mention how Bouttee is like 1,000-3 head to head vs English. Also English fans like to say he don't have talent but that Vidor team was loaded that year I think they had a kid that was about 6'6 on that team that was shooting it light outs and a couple of other studs on the team. What English stans fail to mention though is how they still finished 3rd in district that year losing to Central twice and lost in the first or second round of the playoffs while Ozen went on to play in the regional finals. Lol funny how people never mention these things, like I said determining a great coach is based on results period. And to my knowledge English definitely doesn't have the resume a what I would personally consider a "GREAT". Now is he a "GOOD" yes but he's done nothing special to be in the same sentence with some of the great coaches that have been on the sidelines from the area lets stop this nonsense please. And if you disagree please give me FACTS on why you disagree.

10 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

And what Nederland fans dont understand is Beaumont has literally 5 high schools WB, Central, Ozen,Kelly,Legacy. Nederland has one high school so every kid in middle school knows what HS they are attending which makes it easier to establish your system at the lower levels. You play in the same system from lil dribblers to hs . All English has to is implement and trust the coaches the to teach it to the kids. Beaumont doesnt has have that luxury but one thing Ozen has is a program and the tradition of that program has been passed down from Boutte to Saveat and after he is gone to whoever is next in line. So if you want to out an asterik next to the wins against Nederland because we have talent then fine but that sure is alot of asterisks

Funny, English has an advantage of building a program because kids all know what school there going to. Lmao  How about the fact that Beaumont has a population of about 200k to Nederlands 15k. Also the fact that kids can choose which school to attend in bmt. How's that for an advantage? It wouldn't be hard for me to get 8 of the best kids in bmt at a young age to start playing together and have them all go to the same HS. Games between Nederland and Ozen or Central should never be close.  The talent pool in BMT is much greater than Nederland.  

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Oh facts?  Let's just say English almost always beats the teams he's supposed to beat (did he lose to LCM?) and beats those he shouldn't much of the time.  But let's use you guys' logic.  Saveat is 0-2 vs a first time head coach so obviously he's not as good as Ozen's rival's new coach, right?

And since a very average coach named John Brady led LSU to a Final Four, he must be a better coach than one who has never accomplished that.  Like say, a Pete Carril?

keep dealing in "facts," sport...

Lol I guess you didn't know that consistency mattered when judging a coach....English hasn't consistently beat Ozen or any other notable playoff teams during his coaching tenure....Just stating facts again, but of course you like to ignore those. Bouttee is considered a great coach because he won consistently everywhere he went. So come up with some nonsense so you can try to make a better case for English. 

30 minutes ago, show me love said:

Ozen has only had 4 or 5 D1 players in its 20 year history... 

So what is all this talent you guys speak of...its the system...respect greatness...

Wrong! Way more than 4 or 5. Do you guys know your history at all??? Sometimes i think I'm debating against 5th graders. Come one man!

35 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol I guess you didn't know that consistency mattered when judging a coach....English hasn't consistently beat Ozen or any other notable playoff teams during his coaching tenure....Just stating facts again, but of course you like to ignore those. Bouttee is considered a great coach because he won consistently everywhere he went. So come up with some nonsense so you can try to make a better case for English. 

By far the most asinine comment of the year. It's fun to jab back and forth with most people, but not ignorant people. Get a clue man. 

56 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

It was the year after perk graduated...now mention how Bouttee is like 1,000-3 head to head vs English. Also English fans like to say he don't have talent but that Vidor team was loaded that year I think they had a kid that was about 6'6 on that team that was shooting it light outs and a couple of other studs on the team. What English stans fail to mention though is how they still finished 3rd in district that year losing to Central twice and lost in the first or second round of the playoffs while Ozen went on to play in the regional finals. Lol funny how people never mention these things, like I said determining a great coach is based on results period. And to my knowledge English definitely doesn't have the resume a what I would personally consider a "GREAT". Now is he a "GOOD" yes but he's done nothing special to be in the same sentence with some of the great coaches that have been on the sidelines from the area lets stop this nonsense please. And if you disagree please give me FACTS on why you disagree.

Wait a second!!! So, let me get this side of the story straight....Vidor has NEVER been good at basketball. NEVER even had a record of .500 .....EVER!!!! English comes along, and suddenly Vidor has talent and beat Ozen twice and make the playoffs 3 of 4 years?? 

Then English leaves and Vidor doesn't have talent anymore?? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

wait!! There's more....English goes to Nederland who has been talentless since the last time they made the playoffs (1995). And before that??? 1956!!! Yes! 19 flippin 56!!!!

English wins 20+ games every year.  Beats Ozen and Central for 4 years. Now since he only 'competes well' against the number 8 team in the state, he just isn't that special?? Hahahahahaha!!! Then just two years ago, Ned beat the #1 team in state (Central) AT THEIR HOUSE!! Then beat Ozen later that year in round 3!! You guys kill me on how short your memory serves you!!!

Oh, BTW, how has Vidor faired in the past 8 years since English left?? 

(Drops mic and leaves the stage)

1 hour ago, Honest Abe said:

Wait a second!!! So, let me get this side of the story straight....Vidor has NEVER been good at basketball. NEVER even had a record of .500 .....EVER!!!! English comes along, and suddenly Vidor has talent and beat Ozen twice and make the playoffs 3 of 4 years?? 

Then English leaves and Vidor doesn't have talent anymore?? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

wait!! There's more....English goes to Nederland who has been talentless since the last time they made the playoffs (1995). And before that??? 1956!!! Yes! 19 flippin 56!!!!

English wins 20+ games every year.  Beats Ozen and Central for 4 years. Now since he only 'competes well' against the number 8 team in the state, he just isn't that special?? Hahahahahaha!!! Then just two years ago, Ned beat the #1 team in state (Central) AT THEIR HOUSE!! Then beat Ozen later that year in round 3!! You guys kill me on how short your memory serves you!!!

Oh, BTW, how has Vidor faired in the past 8 years since English left?? 

(Drops mic and leaves the stage)

preach on!