Whats does Colmesneil have coming back??

jdb44

47 minutes ago, jv_coach said:

When was the last time they made the play-offs in anything besides baseball?   Please define competitive?

2011, 2012, and 2013, in football actually. And 2013 in basketball. Take your bandaid somewhere else. You aren't being "brutally honest", you're being brutally childish. If you want to voice your opinion, then by all means go ahead, but attacking a female superintendent based on your displeasure with an athletic program is uncalled for.

4 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

2011, 2012, and 2013, in football actually. And 2013 in basketball. Take your bandaid somewhere else. You aren't being "brutally honest", you're being brutally childish. If you want to voice your opinion, then by all means go ahead, but attacking a female superintendent based on your displeasure with an athletic program is uncalled for.

But it is OK to attack a male super or male coach?  

The fact that the sup is absorbing the AD responsibilities shows that they as a school district care very little about the athletic program.  

It would've been hard enough to hire a good football coach because it's quite obvious that the talent pool (if there ever was one) is completely drying up.  Now throw in the fact that the HFC will likely have to teach classes...even if it's P.E...you are guaranteed to get a coach that is either a terrible coach and can't find a job anywhere, or a rookie coach that's looking for the title of Head Coach.  Either way Colmesneil will not get a good football coach because they aren't even trying.  I would say I feel bad for the kids and community but they deserve what's coming.

Everyone is listening to uncle pig way to much. The position is AD/HFC supe has not taken AD role. Made playoffs this past year in football so wrong again. Whether they have talent or not I have no clue. But I wouldnt put much faith in what Uncle pig says because if you believe him Mike Thomas would have every football job in east Texas.

I've always wondered why people would accuse a Superintendent of intentionally destroying an athletic program. The Superintendent is measured by success across the board. If a school is good in FFA, Choir, UIL, Band, Athletics and has high test scores then the Superintendent is doing a great job. We want success for all kids, that is why we are in this business. It should be all about the kids. Not a big Band fan myself, but i support those kids as much as anybody.

14 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I've always wondered why people would accuse a Superintendent of intentionally destroying an athletic program. The Superintendent is measured by success across the board. If a school is good in FFA, Choir, UIL, Band, Athletics and has high test scores then the Superintendent is doing a great job. We want success for all kids, that is why we are in this business. It should be all about the kids. Not a big Band fan myself, but i support those kids as much as anybody.

Couldn't agree more.  The problem comes when we as parents, fans, alumni, forget this?  We would all love for it to be about our kid, but sometimes that is just not the case.  Sometimes our kid is just not talented enough, or doesn't work hard enough, or just doesn't want it as much as others...  And it is even tougher for us teachers/admin/coaches to sit back as our kid gets passed by because they are honestly not as good.  NOT run-off the coach because he is doing his best to win.

JV-Coach is upset because he worked at Colmesneil a couple of years ago and got pushed aside by Coach Trotter and the Super...

Just allow him to be bitter.  If you felt like you had been done wrong, you might do this as well.

27 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I think part of a Sup's success is based on what they do for the school financially also.  Sup that leaves a school in the positive has a lot more probability of landing a better sup job than leaving a school in the hole.  That trumps a well rounded athletic program.  Especially for smaller districts that depend very heavily on every single dollar earned/spent...and literally have people's job depending on the number of transfer students they may or may not get.

It's not about the kids like it should be..Otherwise you wouldn't have teachers teaching more than 1 prep or several different subjects..like a lot of small schools do.  If my kid's math teacher only teaches 1 grade of math, and your kid's math teacher teaches multiple grades of math...my kid is learning more math.  I don't care what anyone says..you can't put your entire focus on several things and expect to be good at them.  But schools do it anyway to save from hiring more teachers.  And that's just an example.  Like the one on topic now...why hire another administrator, and a teacher...when you can just give the teacher a stipend for doing head football.  It's about money...and it's a shame.  Because if they do that the kids will suffer.

And maybe the sup won't absorb AD responsibilities...  they still won't be willing to pay what it's gonna take to get a good football coach.  I've heard from very good sources that the last few Colmesneil AD's were making a salary in the 50'sK range.  So you know what...I change my mind.  The sup needs to take AD duties because they won't get a good one anyway.

Happy hunting.

I personally know 2 men that applied for this job. Yes they would or will be rookie AD/HC's and both have been successful OC's at their current schools. Both may or may not stay a long time in Colmesneil if they get the job, but I tell you this, either of these 2 guys would give the school, and the kids, all they have, and IMO, both will make great AD's and will work to make the school successful in every sport.

7 minutes ago, jdb44 said:

I personally know 2 men that applied for this job. Yes they would or will be rookie AD/HC's and both have been successful OC's at their current schools. Both may or may not stay a long time in Colmesneil if they get the job, but I tell you this, either of these 2 guys would give the school, and the kids, all they have, and IMO, both will make great AD's and will work to make the school successful in every sport.

Exactly like I said.  A rookie coach looking for the title of Head Coach...so they can have it on their resume.  Be sure and tell them that they will probably not get very much of a payraise if they get one at all.  In my opinion it won't be worth the headache they're about to endure.  But that's just me...well...and several people I know.

Good luck to all involved.

Every Head Coach was a first time head coach at one time. They all have to get their start somewhere, and sometimes they even stay where they started. I think the most important thing for Colmesneil is to find somebody that will be truly committed to building something there and having success. Success breeds success, and they need to stay away from retreads. Get somebody who is high energy and even if he is in it to win and move on, the positive impact he has might stay with the kids and the program after he is gone.

48 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Every Head Coach was a first time head coach at one time. They all have to get their start somewhere, and sometimes they even stay where they started. I think the most important thing for Colmesneil is to find somebody that will be truly committed to building something there and having success. Success breeds success, and they need to stay away from retreads. Get somebody who is high energy and even if he is in it to win and move on, the positive impact he has might stay with the kids and the program after he is gone.

True, every head coach get's their first head coaching job at some point.  But you're wrong if you think they'll find somebody truly committed to building.  This is a stepping stone to the fullest.  You're also wrong if you think you have to have head coaching experience to get a good head job.  Why would you risk taking a crappy job just to say you've been a head coach?.. unless you're young (don't know any better) or bad.  I was told by very good sources that the previous AD's got zero support from admin, and once you start losing everybody knows you get zero support from the community.

This is a no win situation.  Head Coach experience or not..  He will make no money, get to hire no coaches, get no new facilities, have no support, and WILL NOT WIN.  Why on earth would anyone put themselves through that?

40 minutes ago, superstud said:

Hmm Waskom was never supposed to be a good job either and he was a "Rookie Coach" even soccer coach I think. Look where they are. And to say WILL NOT WIN is crazy. Coaching goes a long way especially at that level.

You're gonna make a comparison to a team (small school) that had D1 commits in the backfield?..

TALENT goes the WHOLE way at that level.  I'm not saying the Waskom coach isn't a good coach...but he's not winning state at Colmesneil High School.  I'll bet every dollar I have on that one.

On 1/26/2016 at 5:23 PM, superstud said:

With the exception of number 15 this past year they all looked like any other team in the state no other studs at all. And take him off the team and they are still very good. I don't know that they win state but still very good. 

Apparently you're unaware of how much impact a player of that caliber can make in a small school.  Especially one that's in the backfield.  Well let me clarify...it...literally...is the difference between winning state championships and not winning them.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Apparently you're unaware of how much impact a player of that caliber can make in a small school.  Especially one that's in the backfield.  Well let me clarify...it...literally...is the difference between winning state championships and not winning them.

And it looks like your reading comprehension needs some work. I said they would still be very good. May not win state but still very good. I have seen many big time D1 commits at the TB and QB position at small schools that don't win state or even make it three rounds deep. Shock Linwood breaking records at Baylor as a TB had a 5 and 5 season his senior year. POINT PROVEN. Tyron Swoopes, Traylon Shead, The Baylor kid from kountze none won State Championships.