Silsbee Super Gold

AggiesAreWe

are you saying WOS is so good that even their third string QB can take them to state twice?

Not a boast.  But it is founded in fact. 

Going into the summer of the 2014, the two varsity quarterbacks were then-junior Dillon Sterling-Cole and senior Chase Rutledge.  Dallas was slated to be the quarterback on the JV squad.  Just before two a days, Cole transfers to Spring Westfield, bumping Rutledge to starter and Dallas to varsity back up.  Then, the week of the first game of the season, Rutledge is dismissed from the squad and Dallas assumes the starting role.

Of course, at this point it might seem a little silly to label Jack as the "3rd string" quarterback this season.

are you saying WOS is so good that even their third string QB can take them to state twice?

Where have you been? Thats exactly what happened. Now, he would have been the starter eventually, maybe even this year. Its not that we are saying that he is a typical 3rd string QB(pretty obvious hes not, as a matter of fact turned into one of the best QB's in the state of Texas) but 3rd on the depth chart. Sterling-Cole #1, Rutledge #2. He was going to either be the JV QB last season or maybe the Varsity Kicker. I tell you what though, im a big believer in things happening for a reason. I.E Friday afternoon around 6:30PM.

EDIT: When I say "last season" I mean 2014. Im not ready to end 2015 just yet. LOL!!

Edited by kicker

Not a boast.  But it is founded in fact. 

Going into the summer of the 2014, the two varsity quarterbacks were then-junior Dillon Sterling-Cole and senior Chase Rutledge.  Dallas was slated to be the quarterback on the JV squad.  Just before two a days, Cole transfers to Spring Westfield, bumping Rutledge to starter and Dallas to varsity back up.  Then, the week of the first game of the season, Rutledge is dismissed from the squad and Dallas assumes the starting role.

Of course, at this point it might seem a little silly to label Jack as the "3rd string" quarterback this season.

Not just the week before the first game, didnt jack find out Thursday morning that he was the starting QB? lol