Katy!!

Never know how the UIL will rule in these things. When we moved back to orange from Mississippi in 2012, my son was going into his Sr year. He played football in MS and had been mentioned in several magazines (thier versions of Dave Campbell). Anyway we had to meet with the district executive committee and explain the reason we moved was due to family issues not sports. They agreed and ruled him able to play. Said they would send the paperwork to Austin to be signed. Well the UIL denied it and we had to go meet with them in Austin. I remember Coach Crouch telling us this was his first time having to do something like this. We even brought my sons grandmother in her wheelchair to show that this was the reason we moved to take care of her. They granted our request but unfortunately the hearing had been scheduled after football season. He ended up playing soccer but it wasn't the same.

bet the whole town of Katy let out a huge sigh of relief today

UIL is supposed to be ZERO tolerance. If the had submitted this before he played he would have been ineligible. We had a very good running back transfer to our school before school started and he lived with his mother in another school district and he moved in with his dad who lives in our district and they ruled him ineligible to play varsity this year and could only play JV. Rules should be enforced the same throughout the state.  It is hard for me to believe the AD does know the rules.    

If it had been some rinky-dink team it may have had  difference results.  Rules are to be enforced,  Maybe UIL should print another book called EXCEPTION TO THE RULES.

UIL is supposed to be ZERO tolerance. If the had submitted this before he played he would have been ineligible. We had a very good running back transfer to our school before school started and he lived with his mother in another school district and he moved in with his dad who lives in our district and they ruled him ineligible to play varsity this year and could only play JV. Rules should be enforced the same throughout the state.  It is hard for me to believe the AD does know the rules.    

If it had been some rinky-dink team it may have had  difference results.  Rules are to be enforced,  Maybe UIL should print another book called EXCEPTION TO THE RULES.

So if you get caught driving 56 MPH in a 55 MPH zone you would happily pay the maximum fine allowed for speeding because "the rule is the rule"?

Guest ECBucFan

So if you get caught driving 56 MPH in a 55 MPH zone you would happily pay the maximum fine allowed for speeding because "the rule is the rule"?

Correct! But it would have been an even better analogy to say you get pulled over for 56 in a 55, and then the cop pulls out his gun and executes you on the spot. Thats exactly what happened to Katy in 1998,

Guest ECBucFan

Looks like I will be at NRG tomorrow night

NOTICE TO ALL ATTENDING:

I went to this same game last year at NRG. I arrived quite early, thinking I would easily get in and be seated well before kickoff. Parking traffic was terrible, but we still parked with plenty of time to spare. We walked up to NRG, and one whole side had no ticket booths open. We had to walk all the way around  and was met with insanely long lines, maybe 150 to 200 feet long, because just a few booths were open. Finally, we got to our seats as the 2nd quarter was starting.   

Maybe NRG will do a better job this time around. I don't know how it will go tonight but I wanted to let you all know about this up front. 

Correct! But it would have been an even better analogy to say you get pulled over for 56 in a 55, and then the cop pulls out his gun and executes you on the spot. Thats exactly what happened to Katy in 1998,

I agree. 

Zero Tolerance does not work. 

This is the hidden content, please

NOTICE TO ALL ATTENDING:

I went to this same game last year at NRG. I arrived quite early, thinking I would easily get in and be seated well before kickoff. Parking traffic was terrible, but we still parked with plenty of time to spare. We walked up to NRG, and one whole side had no ticket booths open. We had to walk all the way around  and was met with insanely long lines, maybe 150 to 200 feet long, because just a few booths were open. Finally, we got to our seats as the 2nd quarter was starting.   

Maybe NRG will do a better job this time around. I don't know how it will go tonight but I wanted to let you all know about this up front. 

i already know that's why im going to be there atleast an hour and half to 2 hrs before the game starts

A better analysis is to get pulled over speeding 75 in a 60 and telling the cop that you did not wreck or run over anyone so you should just get a warning.

I am glad that they did not rule Katy ineligible but they need to change the policy to fit everyone. I think UIL needs a good overhauling.

A better analysis is to get pulled over speeding 75 in a 60 and telling the cop that you did not wreck or run over anyone so you should just get a warning.

I am glad that they did not rule Katy ineligible but they need to change the policy to fit everyone. I think UIL needs a good overhauling.

Guest ECBucFan

Really? Getting literally yanked off the bus thats about to pull out to go to the State Championship game and being told to turn in your gear because your season is finished equates to "a warning" for speeding?

No, the cop shooting you in the head and killing you on the spot is what happened to Katy in 98..

Kid's parents went through a nasty divorce.......dad left, mom had to up root and move to the other side of I-10........106 players played vs Freindswood. I asked the same question....why was the kid even on the field? Seven Lakes signed off on the transfer, there is a 15 day rule(which I didnt know about) since it wasn't contested...AD cleared him to play. I don't think the coach second guesses the AD....when asked why was he even on the field, Joseph replied "It's about being there for the kids, his world just collapsed around him(divorce, moving) and this was a good way for him to feel a part of something and make new friends...we're here for the kids"....Crazy thing is...if a 3rd round playoff game is more competitve, you don't have to clear your bench....and it's no issue. 

I for one am glad that the kids didnt get punished for an AD mistakes.....those kids have been busting their butts since January. HOWEVER, Katy is always under the microscope....always being accused of something...etc....comes with the territory. I'd probably be upset at the UIL decision if it was Allen, Desoto...etc.... BUT, at the same time...I wouldn't know the full story or details. Knowing the full story and details of this situation...I'm glad the UIL invoked the mercy rule. I thought the UIL was about to drop the hammer and make an example of Katy. A few things saved them IMO...

1. Since 1998...Katy runs a tight ship....even the UIL was impresssed on how they do things.....I've seen kids sit out practice, Spring ball, etc....Joseph wouldn't even speak to some kids until he made sure they were eligble. I've seen STUD players come into Katy, only to end up going back to their original school or another school when they saw all the hoops they had to jump through to see the field. I've seen legit transfers get denided because the other KISD schools voted against them, for whatever reasons. Lot of animosity between the katy schools....a reason why it was so hard to get another stadium

2. Intent and attempt to gain an unfair advantage. I know...rules are rules......but no advantage was gained putting a soph OLineman on XP and FG's? One of the board memebers said "if this was a kid that came in and scored 3 TD's...you'd have issues."

Although several rumors are out saying manvel and Seven Lakes were involved.....it was Tompkins HS that brought it to the attention of the AD....who called the UIL to make sure she had done everything right.