*TEXAS JAMBOREE*/POST UPDATES HERE

Max Evans.  That's the guard I saw play for Bellaire against Silsbee.  He had like 25 its at halftime.  The guy on the PA mic kept announcing it.  Must be his uncle or something.  Evans is very good, but I was more impressed more with the team play of Silsbee.

no doubt a big reason why the Tigers won.  Did Bellaire have anything else besides Evans that impressed you?

Hmmm.  Who did Victory Prep just play?  Memory escapes me....   

To be fair though, Ozen probably "took them too lightly"

ozen lost a game ...wowww...i thought they were  going undefeated.....and please dont compare memorial to vprep...taking them lightly... Anyways u get a game like that against memorial when u play them 5 or 6 times in a season...

Cy Lakes beat Irving MacArthur 68-53 (despite 29 from Andrew Jones).  Atascocita rolled Yates 55-27.

Why do I let myself get sucked into the most ridiculous of arguments?  Smh

Atascocita 12 Yates 12. 1st qtr

Atascocits 23 Yates 14. Half

Coach Wise benches starters for poor play entire 2nd half.

I expected Yates to lose by 15-20 pts but didnt expect benching.....yes Mr Young too.

Atascocita 12 Yates 12. 1st qtr

Atascocits 23 Yates 14. Half

Coach Wise benches starters for poor play entire 2nd half.

I expected Yates to lose by 15-20 pts but didnt expect benching.....yes Mr Young too.

Wow.  Props to Greg Wise!  I always respected him but even more so now.  Great game in which to teach a valuable lesson.  Thanks for the info. 

Wow.  Props to Greg Wise!  I always respected him but even more so now.  Great game in which to teach a valuable lesson.  

There were rumblings that Wise "had given up " and figured he couldnt win but Yates has been taken to the woodshed a number of times before yesterday......ie Tomball Memorial.

Think about it , Atascocita only had 23 at the half with Carsen Edwards and Greg Shead passing over/dribbling through the holes in the press.

Yates just couldnt score , not from defense or lack of oppurtunity , the Rim had lid on it.

Wise kept walking past the starters to put in the very end of the bench .....kid had on one of those $5 Academy reversibles.

When he ran out of bench players he subbed in the concession stand help and babies from the stands , but NO starter was getting back in.

Both teams fans were disappointed and people started leaving.

Atascocita fans will accept the win but it was not the way the players wanted.

There were rumblings that Wise "had given up " and figured he couldnt win but Yates has been taken to the woodshed a number of times before yesterday......ie Tomball Memorial.

Think about it , Atascocita only had 23 at the half with Carsen Edwards and Greg Shead passing over/dribbling through the holes in the press.

Yates just couldnt score , not from defense or lack of oppurtunity , the Rim had lid on it.

Wise kept walking past the starters to put in the very end of the bench .....kid had on one of those $5 Academy reversibles.

When he ran out of bench players he subbed in the concession stand help and babies from the stands , but NO starter was getting back in.

Both teams fans were disappointed and people started leaving.

Atascocita fans will accept the win but it was not the way the players wanted.

I believe Yates beat Tomball Memorial last year in the playoffs.  Coach Wise demands respect from his players and Will Not Tolerate Any Player Going Word for Word with the Coach regardless of the player status. I recall Wise benching the starting 5 on his National Championship Team for poor play and not being focused. How many head coaches would bench there starting 5 against the #1 team in the area and state to prove his point regardless of the game??? I have witnessed players go word for word with their head coach. 

Lost to Tomball Memorial in the Katy Classic by 17 ..... and it wasnt that close.

True , he benched them too.

I ask .....What does the college coach do when he thinks his players are not playing how he wants them to.

Can't speak for other schools but at Yates those players would be benched and then have to meet with Coach Wise individually and articulate why they should remain on the team.