Why Would OZEN want to stay in 5A

tupac7

Depth will be an issue, but if the chips fall right, if the Kids stay heathly and not flunk due to grades, Ozen will be fine....  

In football, I disagree with you buddy.  Could you imagine what Tyler could/would do in his last year 4A?  Ozen would no doubt make the playoffs and like someone said, be a boost to the school and area.  He will get his numbers but they won't result in the W's the team will need to make the playoffs.

I think someone was being selfish and I'd be a pissed off parent...

Beaumont I.S.D wants to keep Ozen in 5A because of budget. Many on here are forgetting that the school districts aren't always concerned with sports programs. It is cheaper for the travel budget for Ozen to be in 5A in the same district as Central. 

Its not about sports, its call extracurricular activities that's recommended by the TEA. These programs are necessary and needed, so if you cant provide the activities shut the school down!! Its just like the Debate Team, cheerleaders, band, National Honor Society, and UIL Robotics competition theses programs must be provided and its not about sports!!!! Lastly I must say its a safety concern for a team and kids to be put into a numbers situation. I know for a fact Ozen had three to four major injuries this season and the training room was full every time i went by there to check on the trainer. Injuries are part of football, I understand that but lack of depth allows kids that are not fully healthy to play when the should not be playing or come back to soon!! I'm not making this into a negative post just trying to put the facts out there!!

Its not about sports, its call extracurricular activities that's recommended by the TEA. These programs are necessary and needed, so if you cant provide the activities shut the school down!! Its just like the Debate Team, cheerleaders, band, National Honor Society, and UIL Robotics competition theses programs must be provided and its not about sports!!!! Lastly I must say its a safety concern for a team and kids to be put into a numbers situation. I know for a fact Ozen had three to four major injuries this season and the training room was full every time i went by there to check on the trainer. Injuries are part of football, I understand that but lack of depth allows kids that are not fully healthy to play when the should not be playing or come back to soon!! I'm not making this into a negative post just trying to put the facts out there!!

You have NO idea how accurate this statement is.

Just Saying, lets just be honest with ourselves!! The Three schools in BMT will never have success in the playoffs against schools out of the Houston area. The best we can hope for is two rounds and be happy. The Houston area has by far a larger number of kids to pick from first, thats just putting it mildly. Lets do facts for a minute: Our administrators are not that bright, case in point if i attend Pearland High and I feel its not the right fit for me because of whatever reason and can go to Pearland Dawson. First of all i would not have to sit out a entire year and I would have to wait the 15 days per UIL and that's it. In BMT our AD not Vidors, Nederland, or PNG will not allow a kid to play varsity for a year. HATE THAT RULE!! I understand the reasoning behind it but the reasons behind it does not benefit the kids development when he's playing sub varsity and played varsity the year before. The district does not have enough coaches so do you think there's Quality at the lower level!!! We had a coach in the district right now kid was an all district performer as a Soph, dad got a head job at the cross town school and do you know his own son could not play varsity bc of the terrible rule. That kid had D1 skills and i personally feel the reason he didn't go D1 was because his Jr year he did not get quality coaching and did not develop when the Pearland Kid continued to get better because hes still being coach up!!! Head Coaches in BMT are not judged on their Sub Varsity win/loss record so sub varsity do not have the best coaches, just saying. Secondly, Our District/ community is not about developing youth programs the correct way, meaning there's no way a youth program in the Pear Orchid, South-end, or the North-end can survive without the district/community help!! My good friends are doing it though, they coach Thunder Football and with the help of Central they are allowed to practice on their practice fields. Come game time, this is the problem why its hard to keep a league going for the kids zoned to Central and Ozen, It cost anywhere from 600-1500 to have a home game. I understand you have to pay for security and Refs. So if your having 4 age groups play and 3 refs per game at 50 per game that's 600. BISD officer making 25 hour, so it starts at 10 finishes at 5. That is another 175 and to add insult to injury our district wants them to pay them 250 just for using the facility on top of paying for a custodian all day and you cant use the concession stand bc the boaster clubs may not allow you to. Now mind you the league Thunder is in a league where you cant charge at the gate like Salvation army does and its a united way organization that I support Bi Weekly through payroll deductions!! I know for a fact my Buddies with the Thunder do not turn any kid away because of money, they just sell Turkey Legs every Friday to help with the cost, now i said all that to say this: This is a problem in our community because everyone wants to see the finished product on Friday nights and if they don't win FIRE the coach!!! Well when is the community going to step up and help support these types of leagues. I know the ones that are posting on this site can afford to do that because the kids I'm talking about don't even have a computer at their home. So their mentality is i will wait till i get in middle school to play football bc my mommmmmm cant afford for me to play nor can she afford to drive me to Houston every other weekend!! BISD comes into play because there's basketball leagues that are supported by BISD and there is for sure a summer TRACK program provided and the coaches even get summer stipends to do it. I don't hear no one on here saying fire the track coaches and i promise you we haven't had a state championship in track in a while but BISD pays people to run those summer programs. I guess because the have to go to WB to do it they get paid. So why cant we have a youth football program thats sponsored by BISD if football is that important!! We can also hold our city accountable also because they support all of this adult stuff and nothing for the youths that cant afford to play travel anything!!! Long post so I will continue later!!

Just got the word, The Thunder Sr team will be in the super game, the only team in the area to make the SB in youth sports!!!

Edited by jag86

Just Saying, lets just be honest with ourselves!! The Three schools in BMT will never have success in the playoffs against schools out of the Houston area. The best we can hope for is two rounds and be happy. The Houston area has by far a larger number of kids to pick from first, thats just putting it mildly. Lets do facts for a minute: Our administrators are not that bright, case in point if i attend Pearland High and I feel its not the right fit for me because of whatever reason and can go to Pearland Dawson. First of all i would not have to sit out a entire year and I would have to wait the 15 days per UIL and that's it. In BMT our AD not Vidors, Nederland, or PNG will not allow a kid to play varsity for a year. HATE THAT RULE!! I understand the reasoning behind it but the reasons behind it does not benefit the kids development when he's playing sub varsity and played varsity the year before. The district does not have enough coaches so do you think there's Quality at the lower level!!! We had a coach in the district right now kid was an all district performer as a Soph, dad got a head job at the cross town school and do you know his own son could not play varsity bc of the terrible rule. That kid had D1 skills and i personally feel the reason he didn't go D1 was because his Jr year he did not get quality coaching and did not develop when the Pearland Kid continued to get better because hes still being coach up!!! Head Coaches in BMT are not judged on their Sub Varsity win/loss record so sub varsity do not have the best coaches, just saying. Secondly, Our District/ community is not about developing youth programs the correct way, meaning there's no way a youth program in the Pear Orchid, South-end, or the North-end can survive without the district/community help!! My good friends are doing it though, they coach Thunder Football and with the help of Central they are allowed to practice on their practice fields. Come game time, this is the problem why its hard to keep a league going for the kids zoned to Central and Ozen, It cost anywhere from 600-1500 to have a home game. I understand you have to pay for security and Refs. So if your having 4 age groups play and 3 refs per game at 50 per game that's 600. BISD officer making 25 hour, so it starts at 10 finishes at 5. That is another 175 and to add insult to injury our district wants them to pay them 250 just for using the facility on top of paying for a custodian all day and you cant use the concession stand bc the boaster clubs may not allow you to. Now mind you the league Thunder is in a league where you cant charge at the gate like Salvation army does and its a united way organization that I support Bi Weekly through payroll deductions!! I know for a fact my Buddies with the Thunder do not turn any kid away because of money, they just sell Turkey Legs every Friday to help with the cost, now i said all that to say this: This is a problem in our community because everyone wants to see the finished product on Friday nights and if they don't win FIRE the coach!!! Well when is the community going to step up and help support these types of leagues. I know the ones that are posting on this site can afford to do that because the kids I'm talking about don't even have a computer at their home. So their mentality is i will wait till i get in middle school to play football bc my mommmmmm cant afford for me to play nor can she afford to drive me to Houston every other weekend!! BISD comes into play because there's basketball leagues that are supported by BISD and there is for sure a summer TRACK program provided and the coaches even get summer stipends to do it. I don't hear no one on here saying fire the track coaches and i promise you we haven't had a state championship in track in a while but BISD pays people to run those summer programs. I guess because the have to go to WB to do it they get paid. So why cant we have a youth football program thats sponsored by BISD if football is that important!! We can also hold our city accountable also because they support all of this adult stuff and nothing for the youths that cant afford to play travel anything!!! Long post so I will continue later!!

Just got the word, The Thunder Sr team will be in the super game, the only team in the area to make the SB in youth sports!!!

Good post! I experienced thIs with our S.T.A Raiders program and the financial sacrifices the coaches make to Keep It Going! Congrats Thunder!

Jag86, long but good post. I'm not going to respond to all of it.  I have 7 kids, the oldest being a Central freshman that plays football and runs track.  They all are involved in at least 2 extracurricular activities.  My wife is a board member with the Beaumont Bulls so I know that what you were talking about as for as fees and usage of BISD facilities is true.  It's ridiculous!!!  

Ozen looses in the end...