PN-G vs Angleton poll

PN-G Angleton Poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. PN-G vs Angleton Who wins?

• PN-G by 10+
    • PN-G by less than 10
    • Angleton by 10+
    • Angleton by less than 10

I have to go with PNG. If Angleton is in the outdated wing t aka pop warner offense, it's going to be a long night for the wildcats. During the scrimmage this year with LCM and PNG the Indians controlled the game. Not saying much because we still don't know how to run it lol

LCM lost to Huffman, I doubt they would beat Angleton's jv. They also have about twice the kids LCM does so it's a completely different animal at the line of scrimmage, not to mention they just have better athletes in general. They've been to at least the third round three of the last five years which is why you probably don't hear them complaining about the offense. 

LCM lost to Huffman, I doubt they would beat Angleton's jv. They also have about twice the kids LCM does so it's a completely different animal at the line of scrimmage, not to mention they just have better athletes in general. They've been to at least the third round three of the last five years which is why you probably don't hear them complaining about the offense. 

well maybe if they would go to different  offense they would make it  past the 3rd round. 

well maybe if they would go to different  offense they would make it  past the 3rd round. 

Angleton hasn't made it past the 3rd round because they just lost to a better team that made less mistakes. The Cats lost to Pearland Dawson in the 4th round, Beaumont Central, Brenham, Georgetown and last year Hutto in the 3rd round. You don't need to run the spread offense to succeed. Seems like almost everyone runs the spread now. Whatever offense you run, if you can execute it well and you have the right athletes to run it, you can succeed IMO. Now I am no way comparing Angleton to Katy, but Katy has ran the same offense for years and you know what to expect when you play them. That's running the ball sweep left, sweep right or right up the gut and a pass here and there. They just execute it to perfection and no one can stop it. They don't need to spread you out to move the ball.

Edited by ATWILDCAT

Actually our JV was pretty good. Went 9-1. Only lost to GR of course but it was very close.:)

First of all, whoever said Angleton and Dayton are anything alike should get a one week ban. The same goes for whoever said "we should be prepared for them because we played Vidor." 

Angleton will be far and away the most physical team PNG has seen to date. These guys have been playing GR, Foster, PLC and just beat Texas City. Just like I told the people last week that were saying how good their defense was and that they could get stops on Dayton, you just better plan on outscoring them. 

Dayton and PNG is a good matchup because they're both mediocre on defense and will play finesse on offense if you let them which is why they combined for over 180 points these last two years. Last Friday Dayton and PNG ran 60 and 65 plays, respectively. Last year when Dayton played Angleton they ran 37 plays to Angleton's 79. I expect Angleton to do something similar to PNG. 

Angleton is going to play physical defense and run the ball, PNG will probably only have about half the possessions they did against Dayton. If you had to make a line for this game I think it would be a pick 'em but I like the way Angleton is playing defense right now. They held GR to 264 total yards, held a good PLC offense to 6 points, held a TC team that just dropped 36 on Ridge Point to 14 and held Foster to 21. They're only giving up a shade over 15ppg the last month of the season. 

Uh, that was me who said that about the Vidor match up. I was just saying we have been exposed to the Wing - T for years even when Vidor had great teams. Another point about the Dayton game is that they moved the ball on us by passing, not running. We are scrappy against the run this year. But hey I'll defer to your statically mastery since I probably should be banned. 

First of all, whoever said Angleton and Dayton are anything alike should get a one week ban. The same goes for whoever said "we should be prepared for them because we played Vidor." 

Angleton will be far and away the most physical team PNG has seen to date. These guys have been playing GR, Foster, PLC and just beat Texas City. Just like I told the people last week that were saying how good their defense was and that they could get stops on Dayton, you just better plan on outscoring them. 

Dayton and PNG is a good matchup because they're both mediocre on defense and will play finesse on offense if you let them which is why they combined for over 180 points these last two years. Last Friday Dayton and PNG ran 60 and 65 plays, respectively. Last year when Dayton played Angleton they ran 37 plays to Angleton's 79. I expect Angleton to do something similar to PNG. 

Angleton is going to play physical defense and run the ball, PNG will probably only have about half the possessions they did against Dayton. If you had to make a line for this game I think it would be a pick 'em but I like the way Angleton is playing defense right now. They held GR to 264 total yards, held a good PLC offense to 6 points, held a TC team that just dropped 36 on Ridge Point to 14 and held Foster to 21. They're only giving up a shade over 15ppg the last month of the season. 

image.png

Actually our JV was pretty good. Went 9-1. Only lost to GR of course but it was very close.:)

That wasn't hyperbole, I was being serious. Y'all's jv crushed ours two years in a row, they would probably beat the team we just faced in the first round too.

Angleton has such a hard time with Crosby because our defensive front matches up well with Angleton's power run game. Well, you're not going to see anything like that this week. We also had 30 rushing attempts for 300 yards when we played earlier, that's something else you won't see. They're pretty much the same Dayton y'all faced last year in terms of personnel. 

Llike I said, I think this game would be a pick 'em if it had a line but I like Angleton's defense. I think PNG would need another 40+ point performance to get the win and might even be capable of doing it, just don't think there's a good probability of it happening.  

That wasn't hyperbole, I was being serious. Y'all's jv crushed ours two years in a row, they would probably beat the team we just faced in the first round too.

Angleton has such a hard time with Crosby because our defensive front matches up well with Angleton's power run game. Well, you're not going to see anything like that this week. We also had 30 rushing attempts for 300 yards when we played earlier, that's something else you won't see. They're pretty much the same Dayton y'all faced last year in terms of personnel. 

Llike I said, I think this game would be a pick 'em if it had a line but I like Angleton's defense. I think PNG would need another 40+ point performance to get the win and might even be capable of doing it, just don't think there's a good probability of it happening.  

know-it-all-300x223.png

3otq29.jpg

60367141.jpg

steroid-users.jpg

58039969.jpg

Uh, that was me who said that about the Vidor match up. I was just saying we have been exposed to the Wing - T for years even when Vidor had great teams. Another point about the Dayton game is that they moved the ball on us by passing, not running. We are scrappy against the run this year. But hey I'll defer to your statically mastery since I probably should be banned. 

I know you're probably not a stat guy but I would challenge you to go find out how many yards per game PNG was giving up passing before that game Dayton threw for 371 Friday night? They just threw the ball because PNG couldn't stop it, not really because y'all are scrappy versus the run. You obviously defend it better than the pass though. 

Angleton doesn't line up and run the ball out of the shotgun, they don't do a bunch of play fakes. Crosby has one of the nastiest run defenses around last year, I think Cedar Park only attempted four passes while running for over 400 yards on us and you knew exactly what was coming. The way Angleton runs the ball is much closer to that than how Dayton does. 

I know you're probably not a stat guy but I would challenge you to go find out how many yards per game PNG was giving up passing before that game Dayton threw for 371 Friday night? They just threw the ball because PNG couldn't stop it, not really because y'all are scrappy versus the run. You obviously defend it better than the pass though. 

Angleton doesn't line up and run the ball out of the shotgun, they don't do a bunch of play fakes. Crosby has one of the nastiest run defenses around last year, I think Cedar Park only attempted four passes while running for over 400 yards on us and you knew exactly what was coming. The way Angleton runs the ball is much closer to that than how Dayton does. 

Deebo-751754.jpg

warning.png

david_v_goliath.png

2911110.jpg