PN-G vs Angleton poll

PN-G Angleton Poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. PN-G vs Angleton Who wins?

• PN-G by 10+
    • PN-G by less than 10
    • Angleton by 10+
    • Angleton by less than 10

Angleton... much like Nederland has a playoff gear. I think they can slow the game down enough with their running game to disrupt PNG's rhythm, keep the score close and keep it from being an all out shoot. Angleton always has plenty of athletes to match up on D as well. I think this one can go either way, but I'll take PNG by 3.

To slow down our offense, Angleton is going to have to disrupt Morse. If he gets in a rhythm he will hurt you. MCZeal hand is still tender, but I think he'll see more playing time. McGough, also a Jr., has done a phenomenal job filling in. He is about the same size as Giblin. With McZeal at almost 100% Angleton will have to stay in Morse face. A lot of weapons on that WR core. Can we incorporate that Dayton bubble screen? Man that is a good play....also Cropper is peaking at the right time.

Rembert is playing at 100% at the right time. He was part of our injury bug early on. He goes from sideline to sideline with a lot of speed. 

Should be an interesting match with our receivers. Giblin 6'3" Sulivan 6'1" McZeal 6'5" Mcgough 6'3" all are very athletic. They key for Angleton would be to put pressure on Morse. If you give time time he will tear you up. Robanadana, Yes I agree that Vidor wasn't really up to their last game. But I think by us playing against you guys over the years has helped us against the wing-t.

True dat. We run the slot well and you guys have faced it when we run it well or if we're off. I would still watch Angleton to do more than just line up and run the ball. Personally, I think we need to evolve our offense to match that style. Unlike Buddy Garrity, I'm sitting with the Indians this week. I'm numb to Cherokee after 50+ years of hearing it.

Angleton... much like Nederland has a playoff gear. I think they can slow the game down enough with their running game to disrupt PNG's rhythm, keep the score close and keep it from being an all out shoot. Angleton always has plenty of athletes to match up on D as well. I think this one can go either way, but I'll take PNG by 3.

Dayt 1-3 vs Ang,won 2002.

Why didn't McZeal play more last week? I think I saw him go in one time. PNG MLB #2 is a good football player. I like how PNG had him blitzing the Dayton QB.

not sure they want mczeal back. his back up looks pretty good and makes the routine plays. mczeal can't catch the easy ones but will make some circus catches. with a QB like morris i will stick with the guy who can make the routine plays. 

We have 2 teams in our district that run the T or a variation of it... Vidor and Lumberton... However they do it without the athletes that Angleton has.. That being said I've watched some film on Angleton and they have plenty of team speed.. Nothing is a gimme at this point.. It also appears Angleton has several athletes on defense, so it should be a good one... PNG runs a multiple and can take whatever the defense is willing to give us... We can pound it off tackle if needed or spread you out and throw it 30 times a game.. I see this as a highly competitive game and think the team that plays mistake free will win.. At this point everyone is battle tested and injury plagued.. It's next man up and hope you brung enough......

Disagree on athletes .  We played Angleton numerous times last 4/5 years quality fans / teams etc . athletes not better than our district but much like  Dogs & Indians they've been here a number of times know how to playoff and they will bring it . In the end I think Air Indian wears  them down --- too  much M AIR  . Indians by 7 . But down to the wire .