PN-G vs Angleton poll

PN-G Angleton Poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. PN-G vs Angleton Who wins?

• PN-G by 10+
    • PN-G by less than 10
    • Angleton by 10+
    • Angleton by less than 10

Its a simple formula... Cut down on the turnovers.... Cut down on the penalties... Stay away from gimmick plays..... We have a good shot to win..  We have tons of room to improve... 2 turnovers, 100 yards in penalties.... And a flea flicker that I am still shaking my head on.... Dayton dared us to run, and we did.. That was a good job on BFs part.. Take what they are giving.. A 3 man front all night long, you have to run.. You have to be able to adjust and adapt during a game, I thought we did that well... Angleton is battle tested, just like Dayton... But if we play a clean game, the sky is the limit... Kudos to Morse... He showed last night that you do not need video game numbers to win.. A true leader will do the small things like he did last night... Lining your guys up, making good reads, and not turning the ball over when it counts.. He single handedly marched us down the field on the last TD, not to mention running over whoever was in his way... And when the game was on the line, BF put the ball in his hands to secure the win... Do not let Angletons record fool you. They are fast, and will come to play... Once again just like last week... If we play our game and clean up a few areas, we can win...

Has anybody heard if home or visitor?

What's the word on Anniboli? 

Lamar can you please offer #2 Rem. That kid works his butt off. That would be a shame for his career to end in HS.

Lamar seems to pass on linebackers that are local.. As I told CougarCal last night. Elandon Roberts is a beast at UofH... He wanted to go to Lamar but they wouldnt give him a ride... PAM kid.. Look him up... Hes legit.. Went to Morgan State and was on the Walter Peyton Watch list.. Then goes to UofH and is a beast... Doesnt make a lot of sense, but it is what it is....

Its a simple formula... Cut down on the turnovers.... Cut down on the penalties... Stay away from gimmick plays..... We have a good shot to win..  We have tons of room to improve... 2 turnovers, 100 yards in penalties.... And a flea flicker that I am still shaking my head on.... Dayton dared us to run, and we did.. That was a good job on BFs part.. Take what they are giving.. A 3 man front all night long, you have to run.. You have to be able to adjust and adapt during a game, I thought we did that well... Angleton is battle tested, just like Dayton... But if we play a clean game, the sky is the limit... Kudos to Morse... He showed last night that you do not need video game numbers to win.. A true leader will do the small things like he did last night... Lining your guys up, making good reads, and not turning the ball over when it counts.. He single handedly marched us down the field on the last TD, not to mention running over whoever was in his way... And when the game was on the line, BF put the ball in his hands to secure the win... Do not let Angletons record fool you. They are fast, and will come to play... Once again just like last week... If we play our game and clean up a few areas, we can win...

Agree, the flea flicker confused me, just throw the ball on 1st and 30. Sullivan and Giblin are getting 12 yards a pass. Trust them. All in all though BF stuck to his game plan. Let his play makers handle it. It was a good game plan. No games lightly. Angelton plays some very tough teams. They run more than pass. I think that is good news for our defense. Looks like a passing game can hurt them.

Unless Angleton has improved a whole bunch since week 2.  I got PNG by at least 2 Td's.  Morse will gash them and they just couldn't throw the ball, like, at all.  

Angleton is much better than when they played Crosby. Angleton pretty much limped into that game having lost 3 senior starters for the year in the 1st week, including their best RB, lost their best 2 athletes in the secondary, their starting DE and starting LB. That opening game was rough and then having to turn around and play a very talented Crosby team would be tough for anybody, not to mention having a freshman starting QB in only his second game. I think we could have gave Crosby a better game and not get blown out. We've played better recently. Gave George Ranch all they wanted going in 14-14 late in 3rd only to shoot ourselves with 2 bad turnovers that GR capitalized on, beat a good Calhoun team and held them to their lowest point output in their season and lead Foster 14-0 at half only to have the momentum turn completely around in the 2nd half on a successful fake punt and another turnover that they scored on. I will say that our offense has been sputtering these past 3 weeks but the defense is playing real good though. They will have to play at their top level against PNG because it looks like PNG can put some points on the board. Only game I can gauge between these 2 teams is the Foster/WOS game. WOS beat PNG 28-14 and then they get blown out by Foster 42-14. We played Foster pretty even as that we controlled the 1st half and they controlled the 2nd and made a few extra played to win it. But I know every game is different, especially in the playoffs where anything can happen. We'll see how it goes.

I would also like to throw a shout out to the PNG Indian Marching Band, Indianettes, and Twirlers... Awesome half time performance with a TWIST.....

I'll let the kids know ya like it!  My kid is one of the Drum Majors and they all work extremely hard.  They just love performing, especially when the crowd gets into it, like last night.

Thanks

I'll let the kids know ya like it!  My kid is one of the Drum Majors and they all work extremely hard.  They just love performing, especially when the crowd gets into it, like last night.

Thanks

they had a blast out there, and everyone knew it! I loved it! Hopefully they'll do something like that again this Friday!

Angleton is much better than when they played Crosby. Angleton pretty much limped into that game having lost 3 senior starters for the year in the 1st week, including their best RB, lost their best 2 athletes in the secondary, their starting DE and starting LB. That opening game was rough and then having to turn around and play a very talented Crosby team would be tough for anybody, not to mention having a freshman starting QB in only his second game. I think we could have gave Crosby a better game and not get blown out. We've played better recently. Gave George Ranch all they wanted going in 14-14 late in 3rd only to shoot ourselves with 2 bad turnovers that GR capitalized on, beat a good Calhoun team and held them to their lowest point output in their season and lead Foster 14-0 at half only to have the momentum turn completely around in the 2nd half on a successful fake punt and another turnover that they scored on. I will say that our offense has been sputtering these past 3 weeks but the defense is playing real good though. They will have to play at their top level against PNG because it looks like PNG can put some points on the board. Only game I can gauge between these 2 teams is the Foster/WOS game. WOS beat PNG 28-14 and then they get blown out by Foster 42-14. We played Foster pretty even as that we controlled the 1st half and they controlled the 2nd and made a few extra played to win it. But I know every game is different, especially in the playoffs where anything can happen. We'll see how it goes.

Probably not a good comparison when it comes to WOS. That was one of those games for PNG where we had some mental breakdowns with a bunch of turnovers and penalties. Also, I believe WOS had 5 turnovers in that game against Foster with a pick 6 and a couple setting Foster deep in WOS territory. But like I have said earlier, Angleton has face some tough opponents and will be tough themselves. It's the playoffs, everyone is good at this point.