Jasper vs Navasota

Jasper Dawg

I wonder if Navasota still has that old stadium where the visitors side was so steep you would have to have mountain climbing gear to get higher than the third row.

I will say this, they sure know how to play football in Navasota.   Navasota 58  Jasper 14.

You're referring to Brule Field. Navasota opened the new Rattler Stadium in 2007.

This is the hidden content, please

Exactly. Having a high powered offense without a good defense doesn't equal wins on the field.

ok but you stated Seally had a high powered offense in those 4 games they only averaged 21 pts.  That isn't high powered.  Now I agree you need some defense.  My Tigers will find that out next week or the following week if we get past Seally Friday night.  But our high powered offense and no defense does have us 9-2 right now.  I hope somehow we make it to meet you in the regional finals to see how we do against that defense.

ok but you stated Seally had a high powered offense in those 4 games they only averaged 21 pts.  That isn't high powered.  Now I agree you need some defense.  My Tigers will find that out next week or the following week if we get past Seally Friday night.  But our high powered offense and no defense does have us 9-2 right now.  I hope somehow we make it to meet you in the regional finals to see how we do against that defense.

Sealy having a "high powered" offense was what some were saying about Sealy and their big RB. I never agreed that they had a high powered offense.

Navasota went through the first few years after Fedora came to Navasota having a high powered offense with no defense. We made it to 6 consecutive quarterfinals before finally getting into the semifinals. We finally had a defense!!

Sealy having a "high powered" offense was what some were saying about Sealy and their big RB. I never agreed that they had a high powered offense.

Navasota went through the first few years after Fedora came to Navasota having a high powered offense with no defense. We made it to 6 consecutive quarterfinals before finally getting into the semifinals. We finally had a defense!!

How many points do you expect Navasota to hold Jasper to?

I think Jasper will score 3-5 TDs if they are executing and play mistake free on offense.  

I would expect Navasota to score 7+ tds based on Jasper's play against other potent offenses.

Jasper will have to prove they can stop a strong offense or it will be like Burnet the first time around.  We will be down 3 scores before we figure out what to do.  

I think Jasper will score 3-5 TDs if they are executing and play mistake free on offense.  

I would expect Navasota to score 7+ tds based on Jasper's play against other potent offenses.

Jasper will have to prove they can stop a strong offense or it will be like Burnet the first time around.  We will be down 3 scores before we figure out what to do.  

Good points Hup.  I have been thinking about that parallel myself.  I prefer to remember the second game!

lol. it is said perception is the key. personally that first go round with darn burnet it was clearly their day that day we  had no answer defensively. by no means did i like it but i dealt with fact that they were better that day.  where as to me the second game was the Dawgs day all the way to that tragic last drive aided by the foolish unsportsmanlike penalty. one helluva game it was but ouchie i had a hard time dealing with that loss. lol. 

There are so many parallels between those games, and this game.  Shipley ran all over Jasper in the first game, not nearly so much in the second game.  Now Navasota has a receiver that just broke Shipley's receiving record if I understand correctly.  Both Burnet and Navasota had/have lights out QB's.  Jasper, huge underdogs in both games.  Jasper almost upset the Shipley team in 03.  Tomorrow night, who knows???  At this point, I will be delighted if we can just have a competitive game.

There are so many parallels between those games, and this game.  Shipley ran all over Jasper in the first game, not nearly so much in the second game.  Now Navasota has a receiver that just broke Shipley's receiving record if I understand correctly.  Both Burnet and Navasota had/have lights out QB's.  Jasper, huge underdogs in both games.  Jasper almost upset the Shipley team in 03.  Tomorrow night, who knows???  At this point, I will be delighted if we can just have a competitive game.

Dickson tied Shipley's record at 73 td recepts. Will break it tomorrow night... Hopefully. 

Dickson tied Shipley's record at 73 td recepts. Will break it tomorrow night... Hopefully. 

Several of those tds probably came against Jasper in 02 and 03.  I think he was a senior in 03; if so his only other high school game would have been in the State final against Everman.  It is just trivia, but does anyone know what game Shipley had his last td reception?

Shout out to Jasper who came in and gave Navasota all that we can handle. Everyone knows the way to beat Navasota is to limit our offensive possessions.  Good game plan Coach Barbay..  I tell you that Tiger is a special player.  He damn near beat us himself..  Hiding behind that big ole line.  Congrats Jasper on a hellava game.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  

Edited by Rattler99