Nederland vs GRHS Berry Center Friday

Guest ECBucFan

Friday at the Berry Center!  Taj Mahal of SE TX HS football stadiums!  Can't wait!!!!

Its a great place for sure, but I would take New Caney's Texan Drive stadium everyday. Been to both multiple times. 

Kick off 7 PM.   GOOD LUCK NEDERLAND FANS WITH THE TRAFFIC!!!!  If you got an easy tag....  Take the Katy Freeway, and get on the toll road after 610 West.  Exit Barker Cypress and head north.  DON'T GO DOWN 290!!!!!  Repeating....  DON'T GO DOWN 290!!!

Bulldog fans......HEED THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!!

George Ranch is a state contender this year, they are a quality program and Nederland will have to play very well to be in the game in the 4th quarter.  But, my eye is telling me Nederland's defense is still progressing and has started to play some quality football.  We'll see, if this game were played week 3, I'd say GR by 3 TDs, but thinking it will be a little closer in round 2 of the playoffs.  Turnovers and penalties for Nederland will be critical.

Ned can't afford to have a slow start the way they have against Georgetown the last couple of years.  They will have to get the offense going and cut out the mistakes to jump on them from the start.   Still need to cut down on the penalties that are extending drives for the other team.

I agree.  If you try the Clay Rd. route, it will take you close to an hour just to get to Barker Cypress.

I would suggest leaving early enough that you get through downtown by 4pm via IH 10.  Then take hwy 6 North or BW8 North off of 10 to the stadium.  That way you are going opposite of most of the traffic headed south and west on 8.  Hwy 6 is probably going to be bad no matter what.

If I am not mistaken...  Most of the Nederland fans will have two plus people in their vehicles.  YOU CAN GET ON THE HOV / TOLL ROAD ON I-10 FOR FREE!!!  Just go through the toll booths under the HOV sign.  TAKE I-10 STRAIGHT THROUGH TOWN!!!   No construction west of downtown and the new Katy Freeway is basically an ocean of concrete.  MAKE SURE YOU GET ON THE HOV / TOLL LANE just as you are going under the west loop.  Would stay off  BWY 8 on Friday going north because you are going by the airport, still believe they have construction through Aldine on BWY 8.

Good luck to the Bulldogs, really looking forward to the game.  So amazing to see how strings were pulled in my life to put me at GRHS, but boy howdy!!  I miss SETX football and the passion of the fan base, including my arch enemy Bulldogs.  DRIVE SAFELY TO THE GAME.  Like previously stated, if you get to the west loop before 4:30, you should be ok.  Stay on I-10 till you get to Barker Cypress. 

Can't wait till kick off.  Volleyball team for GRHS made state.  I might be driving to Garland Friday morning, tweeting updates of the noon semi final volleyball game, then driving back south to video the football game.  To see GRHS in action go to YouTube, search George Ranch Athletic Booster Club, and my voice over videos are there.  GRHS has VERY athletic and large offensive and defensive lines.  They just wear out the opposition.  Defensive speed is very impressive.  Got a feeling Nederland coaching staff will find a way to keep it close.  Friday can't get here quick enough.