Silsbee 67 Tyler Chapel Hill 46/Final

WOSgrad

Silsbee finished with 575 yards of offense (316 rushing, 259 passing)

CH had 526 yards of offense (-9 rushing, 535 passing)

Silsbee had 14 penalties for over 120 yards.

Dontre Thomas with 440 total yards and 6 TD's. He has 26 rushing TD's for the season, 1 behind Ricky Price single season record of 27 rushing TD's in 1983. Dontre now has 57 total TD's (26 rushing, 31 passing) which is a single season record for Silsbee High School. His 31 passing TD's is a single season record breaking Patrick Reed's 29 in 2012. Dontre also sets single season total offense with 4046 yards, breaking Reed's total of 3997 in 2012.

Two Things:

1st) D. Thomas.  Respect.

2nd) Penalties starting to become a trend.  Whether its the Tigers fault or the other stripes doesn't matter.  Play above the penalties young men.

Just got in from this one and boy oh boy was it crazy. From an unbiased point of view, I know silsbee thinks they let it get away, but Chapel Hill was 2-3 plays away from out scoring them. The first fumble happened as CH QB was fixing to start his throwing motion. Looked to me like they had a screen to the RB set up and it sure looked open from my vantage point. 

In the 3rd qtr I think CH left atleast two TDs out there. First one came on a swing pass to the RB that the QB threw too low. He had 2 wrs in front of him blocking a safety and a corner and that was it. The 2nd came on the 2nd interception. The CH WR was open by 2-3 steps and the CH QB just under threw the post ball big time. If he threw it up like he did several other times instead of trying to thread it in he had him. 

Also looked to me like the onside kick at 60-46 was mistakenly called. The refs missed that one. 

Lots of penalties on both sides. Some ticky tack, some legit. But in the end it came down to Silsbee seized their opportunities to turn the tide and CH just got into too big of a hole. I enjoyed watching both sides empty their tanks and compete though and both communities should be very proud. 

Thats just shows how hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. He was the backup QB last season. I heard people from Silsbee say he work hard over the summer to perfect his craft, step up be a leader and put Silsbee on his back to follow his lead. D. Thomas gets the up most respect for me. Keep up the great work kid. D. Thomas is a stud numbers don't lie.

Dontre deserves everything he gets. That young man worked his tail off last summer.  I saw many times last summer him calling his team mates to meet him and irk out.  You can see it in every aspect of his play.  Great job young man!,,

Just a few quick stats:

1    2     3    4    T

Tigers            8   24   28   7   67

Bulldogs        7    7    20  12  46

Silsbee                                                  Chapel Hill

Passing

D. Thomas   16-21-247-3-0                K. Hitchcock   29-51-552-5-2

Rushing

A. Thomas   26-156 3TD                   H. Brinin       9-38 TD

D. Thomas  24-185 3TD                   K. Hitchcock 6-(-71)

K. Barnes      2-(-9)                           D. Hordge     6-43 TD

T. Lowe         2-(-4)                           L. Hudson     2-9

A. Fendrick    1-(-37)

D. Phillips       1-(-5)

Receiving

K. Mackey   7-148  TD                    Z. Walters     11-240  2TD

K. Barnes    4-61  TD                      D. Phillips       9-193  2TD

T. Lowe       2-34  TD                      M. Colderson  4-31

A. Thomas   2-0                              J. Redwine       2-71  TD

K. Coffee      1-4                             C. Williams       2-15

H. Brinin           1-2

Sil                            CH

First Downs                     32                            27

Rush/Pass/Pen            20/11/1                    4/22/1

Rush Att.                         54                            25

Rush Yards                    328                         -23

Pass Yards                    247                         552

Com/Att./INT                16/21/0                   29/51/2

Total Plays                      75                           76

Total Yards                    575                         529

Penalties                      14-110                     8-69

Turnovers                        0                            3

Fumbles                          0                            1

INT                                  0                            2

Punts                             3-27.0                   2-36.5

Inside 20                          1                            1

3rd Down                      7/11                         3/12

4th Down                       1/1                          3/5

Sacks(by) #/Yards       5 for -60                2 for -14

TOP                              27:13                     20:47  

Dontre Thomas has put in the work and now you see the results. He is having a very special season. Also, tonight Adonis Thomas just crossed over 1,000 yards rushing and Kolten Mackey should be close to 1,000 yards receiving. This is the best Silsbee offense of all time because they have worked their tails off during the off season. Not sure if it will happen but I think Silsbee should have several Allstate players. Hudson, D. Thomas, Mackey, and Michael McCain. 

Soph. RB Adonis Thomas does break the 1000 yard rushing barrier with 156 yards giving him 1075 on the year with 17 rushing TD's. This gives Silsbee two 1000 yard rushers in same season for the first time since 2009 when Jeremy Johnson and Chris Barnes did it.

Kolten Mackey is approaching a 1000 yards receiving. After last nights game he has 50 receptions for 937 yards and 10 TD's. If Mackey can get a 1000 yards receiving it will be the first time ever that Silsbee has had two 1000 yard rushers and a 1000 yard receiver in the same season. According to the numbers I have, Mackey needs 250 yards receiving to set the single season receiving yardage record at Silsbee.

Kalon Barnes, soph. WR has 35 receptions for 681 yards and 12 TD's. He and Mackey have combined for 85 receptions for 1,618 yards and 22 TD's making them the most prolific receiving duo for a single season in school history.

Some folks stating this is the best offense in the history of Silsbee High. By the numbers, it's hard to argue against it.

Thru 11 games:

rushing  3,140 yards   285.5 per game

passing  2,545 yards  231.4 per game

total       5,685 yards   516. 9 per game

points     551                50.1 per game

Soph. RB Adonis Thomas does break the 1000 yard rushing barrier with 156 yards giving him 1075 on the year with 17 rushing TD's. This gives Silsbee two 1000 yard rushers in same season for the first time since 2009 when Jeremy Johnson and Chris Barnes did it.

Kolten Mackey is approaching a 1000 yards receiving. After last nights game he has 50 receptions for 937 yards and 10 TD's. If Mackey can get a 1000 yards receiving it will be the first time ever that Silsbee has had two 1000 yard rushers and a 1000 yard receiver in the same season. According to the numbers I have, Mackey needs 250 yards receiving to set the single season receiving yardage record at Silsbee.

Kalon Barnes, soph. WR has 35 receptions for 681 yards and 12 TD's. He and Mackey have combined for 85 receptions for 1,618 yards and 22 TD's making them the most prolific receiving duo for a single season in school history.

Some folks stating this is the best offense in the history of Silsbee High. By the numbers, it's hard to argue against it.

Thru 11 games:

rushing  3,140 yards   285.5 per game

passing  2,545 yards  231.4 per game

total       5,685 yards   516. 9 per game

points     551                50.1 per game

Congrats on the Silsbee offense.  Special shouts out to these two young men.  Been beasts since a long time ago.  So happy to see y'all wrecking shop like this on this pace!