Which one is better a good coach or a talented team? You have to pick one.

Don't think I said that. They will not be as good next year as this year personally, but they won't be terrible. The 8th-11th grade class at BC is still really good. But I do see LC-M beating them next year because they will be more talented no matter who the coach is for LC-M. So give me a talented team over a great coach. A lot of people say Matthews is a good coach but Vidor didn't play so swell this year. A lot of people also say Matthews doesn't know what he's doing. But his super talented team of 2011? Went three or four rounds deep. 

he

I hope your right about the talent coming up. It was a  long year for the bears and me lol. We need to build our defense up its gone down hill.... Coach Bolton was a good OC anybody knows where he is coaching now?

Just like most schools every 5 years or do you get special group of 3 or 4 players. I know first hand what we have and Nuemann and staff surprises me. Not going to mention names, but every year I am watching practice and think no way is that player going to help the team, I see a lot the kids grow up, I have been proved wrong every time.

Good coach and program. You develop your players, some years up and some years down. Some area schools have superior talent and can't make it past the first round of the playoffs yet put out four or five D1 players every year. I'll take the coach....the talent will happen. Just like Jeff did at Vidor for about 5 years. It will happen again. Get rid of a coach like that and go back to 0 - 10. Coach, period.

Good coach and program. You develop your players, some years up and some years down. Some area schools have superior talent and can't make it past the first round of the playoffs yet put out four or five D1 players every year. I'll take the coach....the talent will happen. Just like Jeff did at Vidor for about 5 years. It will happen again. Get rid of a coach like that and go back to 0 - 10. Coach, period.

Tell you what.. You take Nick Saban and the Lamar University football team.  I'll take a first year junior coach at a school of your choice and the University of Alabama.

I'll give you a game a year for 5 years..we can wager any amount you like on the results.

Tell you what.. You take Nick Saban and the Lamar University football team.  I'll take a first year junior coach at a school of your choice and the University of Alabama.

I'll give you a game a year for 5 years..we can wager any amount you like on the results.

You have point, but what do you think of U of H. There new coach is making some noise and I think they could take on some top teams. 

No it's all about the coach. They develop all the talent and make the team good. They can win with whatever they got as long as the other coach isn't as good as they are. 

that's what great coach does, make you look like you have supremely talented team. We have 12 underclassmen starting this year which include a few sophmores

Would Neuman have had Lumberton in playoffs 19 of the last 20 years? Or how about just the 1-29 run recently. Would he have had Raiders in the playoffs those 3 seasons? 

Would Neuman have had Lumberton in playoffs 19 of the last 20 years? Or how about just the 1-29 run recently. Would he have had Raiders in the playoffs those 3 seasons? 

I think they would be more competitive with him there, and might have won a couple more games. Overall do I think would have went to playoffs probably not. C. Thompson when he left WOS for the head coaching job went 1-9 i believe at Palestine he left and I think went back to WOS. Jeff Harrell was there DC and became there head coach and went 9-2 next two seasons. But Jeff had Adrian Peterson  at running back so a little talent  does help.

Would Neuman have had Lumberton in playoffs 19 of the last 20 years? Or how about just the 1-29 run recently. Would he have had Raiders in the playoffs those 3 seasons?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Guess we will never know the answer to that question, but no doubt in my mind Ltown would have been a better more consistent program..You dont have to look far to see several talented schools that are hair lipped by coaching......    

You gotta have talent. We have had 0-10 and 1-9 teams at Warren where the coach was removed and the next day he is hired by Lamar University. He was a quality coach who has been followed by quality coaches and most win 2 games at the most. Some towns for different reasons just don't put good football teams on the field but it's usually not the coaches.There are a TON of really good coaches that don't win state championships.