Hold your heads up

TradenupBH

I'm only speaking for my local team, but I know there are many others. At a time where we're reading all of the smack talk of area teams getting ready for the playoffs, I would like to recognize the teams that didn't make the playoffs, but continue to play hard for themselves as well as the communities. I would like to give a shoutout to my Barbers Hill Eagles! After getting blownout to start district, they have roared back winning 3 of the last 4 and only losing to CEK by 4. They could've thrown in the towel, but didn't and continue to fight till the end of the year. Good luck to area teams in the playoffs!

I'm only speaking for my local team, but I know there are many others. At a time where we're reading all of the smack talk of area teams getting ready for the playoffs, I would like to recognize the teams that didn't make the playoffs, but continue to play hard for themselves as well as the communities. I would like to give a shoutout to my Barbers Hill Eagles! After getting blownout to start district, they have roared back winning 3 of the last 4 and only losing to CEK by 4. They could've thrown in the towel, but didn't and continue to fight till the end of the year. Good luck to area teams in the playoffs!

Great post and says a lot about your kids. These memories of Friday nights and the friends they have made will last a lifetime.

It's coming for y'all, you just have to keep building those houses. I know it's even more frustrating at times because of y'all's location basically between Crosby and Dayton. One think I can say about BH is it's not because they aren't trying.

It's coming for y'all, you just have to keep building those houses. I know it's even more frustrating at times because of y'all's location basically between Crosby and Dayton. One think I can say about BH is it's not because they aren't trying.

agreed. BH kids' effort level is as high as I've ever seen, and the community backs them at the same level.

Good post TradenupBH. 

Edited by dayton

Those kids play hard. Coach waited a little too long before they started playing kids both ways.....hopefully the next coach yall get next year will learn something from it.....it's ok to play kids on offense and defense....in this district you have to have your best players on the field. Still though....great group of kids 

They seem to have been pretty stout this season

When you constantly line up against schools with alot more size and speed, sometimes it's too much to overcome. We'll keep grinding it out at the Hill and wait for us to catch lightning in a bottle.

for a large fee im sure we could work out something that'll get you guys over the hump. ;)

Sounds like our Indians

All of the schools in our area are suffering the same fate prepballfan. We keep losing kids too...I never thought I would see the day when PNG was smaller than Vidor (by 10 kids or so). I don't see it changing unless more industry moves into our area. The refineries are so automated today that they operate on 1/3 the headcount we had when I was a kid. Otherwise, you have a lot of the workforce that comes from out of town during turnarounds, etc. Personally, I think 5A needs to be divided into two divisions like the lower classes. Cutoff around 1650 or so. I'm proud of my football team and will always be regardless of record. They'll give you guys a good football game Friday in the Boneyard.