Port Neches-Groves 21 Beaumont Central 7/Final

WOSgrad

Winning cures all.  We play Lee at home.  It'll be a good confidence booster.  But by but being this late in the season, we shouldn't have to be having any coming to Jesus meetings, which is what this team, coaches, and parents need.  Playoffs are in 2 weeks.  Across the board, we have talent.  But the guys across the field don't fear us or anything we are capable of.  They go for 4th down plays in their territory.  They run the ball on 2nd and 30. They load the Box up because they know that we won't pass the ball.  And late in games they know they will have the timeouts late in the game because we will burn 2 of them because we can't get a play in.  They know to blitz on goal line situations because we will line up in shotgun and get tackled behind the one of scrimmage...  I can go on and on, but the game vs. Lee....  We need it.  Right about now.  

More to come in the Lee vs Central thread...

Good assessment Soulja.  We hadn't had the number of injuries/shaken up as we did last night, all season.  Several kids will be sitting out next week to heal, all with lower leg injuries. 

I just don't understand how in 3 years of being the head coach, the Jaguars get inside the 2 and you still have the kids in the shotgun which puts the QB/RB at the 7 yard line.  I thought we learned that last year and the year before.  I believe if the Jaguars had scored there, it would have been 7-0, and this game MIGHT have went a different way.

Congratulations to the Indians, I really like the accuracy of your QB...  

I think we have the ability to beat Dayton. But just like last night and many times before, we CANNOT have the mental mistakes like over snapping the ball. There were too many times where Morse had to jump for the ball when snapped along with the 40 yard over snap. That has been a problem in big games, ie Nederland. Turnovers and penalties have been a big problem for us this year. The defense played lights out last night. When you can shut a running game like that down you're doing pretty good. Mczeal should be back for the play offs. Sometimes we look unstoppable and sometimes we look like we couldn't win a game. We have to get more consistent. We should be at this point of the season. Play calling was a lot better last night. BF had a good game plan. Anniboli might have a concussion. He was knocked out last night. The good thing is the back ups have really stepped in and done a good job with all the injuries we've had.

A lot of the PN-G fans couldn't see it from your side line but Anniboli #5 took a late shot on Whaley when he didn't even have the ball, the whistle had blown and no flag was thrown.  I told Soulja that Whaley would get him back legally, in the flow of the game, nothing dirty...I guess that's what happened...

A lot of the PN-G fans couldn't see it from your side line but Anniboli #5 took a late shot on Whaley when he didn't even have the ball, the whistle had blown and no flag was thrown.  I told Soulja that Whaley would get him back legally, in the flow of the game, nothing dirty...I guess that's what happened...

I didn't see it, but I am sure it wasn't intentional. Probably he was the mirror for Whaley. With the talent of Whaley, someone was responsible for him no matter what. Anniboli is a great kid and doesn't take cheap shots. In the heat of the game sometimes you make a mistake. 

Any word on that Central band member who damn near passed out on the track?  Sure took awhile for help to get there after they were called, happened right in front of us. 

Don't get me started.  That poor kid suffered for about 15 minutes before the medics were even notified.  Looked a cross the field, they were eating and texting and not answering their radio or even looked up to see people flagging them in.  Even when someone walked over to thell them, they moved VERY methodically to get over to help.  That slow walk took another 7 minutes.  I'm glad I gave those two boneheads an earfull when they walked by us...Smh

I also hope that kid is ok.  Hate to see a kid suffering....

Need to get out more,see more games my friend,Humble would be a contender in 22-5a

Yes I agree but with my shift schedule at the FD I dont even get to make enough PNG games. I did get to see Croby VS Nederland and Central and LUmberton. Next week Ill get to see SHelbyville vs West Sabine. BestI can do with shifting it. I still think it will be a good game it usually is between PNG and Dayton.

Ha ha, PNG always pulling for someone else to do the job that they can't.

Hey, I am humble enough to know you are right, but why not root for Lumberton. It's all in fun. And if we get a DC out of it, well that's just a bonus. After district, I will be on that Nederland band wagon with the best of them. 

Yes I agree but with my shift schedule at the FD I dont even get to make enough PNG games. I did get to see Croby VS Nederland and Central and LUmberton. Next week Ill get to see SHelbyville vs West Sabine. BestI can do with shifting it. I still think it will be a good game it usually is between PNG and Dayton.

Another all purple game I have to go to. Yuk.

Don't get me started.  That poor kid suffered for about 15 minutes before the medics were even notified.  Looked a cross the field, they were eating and texting and not answering their radio or even looked up to see people flagging them in.  Even when someone walked over to thell them, they moved VERY methodically to get over to help.  That slow walk took another 7 minutes.  I'm glad I gave those two boneheads an earfull when they walked by us...Smh

I also hope that kid is ok.  Hate to see a kid suffering....

CLASSY......

It amost hit me, BG, and liltex.  It was real chicken ish that no one would own up to it and apologize.  

That sucks. Kids now-a-days are brought with absolute zero discipline. If someone tries to do it the parents blow up!!!! Sorry that happened so disrespectful...... 

Any word on that Central band member who damn near passed out on the track?  Sure took awhile for help to get there after they were called, happened right in front

Any one know how the Png kid is doing? Heard he took a hit during the game and had to go to emergency room? Word is he had emergency surgery to remove his spleen and appendix.hope young man is ok. Puts everything else in perspective.

Any one know how the Png kid is doing? Heard he took a hit during the game and had to go to emergency room? Word is he had emergency surgery to remove his spleen and appendix.hope young man is ok. Puts everything else in perspective.

according to facebook, he will be in ICU thru the weekend and vitals are good.