Port Neches-Groves 21 Beaumont Central 7/Final

WOSgrad

I agree with BG and Soulja, these teams are not where they should be at this point.They both played like it is early in the season. Too many mental mistakes for teams that both coaches should have running like clock work by this time of the year. I'm sure the wind and rain had some part in it, but neither team is playing discliplined ball. I'm dissapointed in both coaches for not being better at having there teams ready to play. Since Nederland lost maybe the matchups change and someone beats a team across the river but I will not be surprised to see a sweep from our friends over there. 

Most of my comments are directed towards the offense. PNG's defense played very well tonight. 

Edited by ndn2016

PNG can beat Dayton I think, I hated seeing one of my kiddos I coached when he was 8 years go out of the game early.  He was lighting up up though before he got hurt.  3-1 though with PNG getting by Dayton.

Anniboli? He looked like he did not want to be sitting on the bench. Probably just  got his bell rung. 

Lets really break down what happened here tonight. PNG took control of both side of the line of scrimmsge which was a shock to me. They held on to that for almost all of the game. There defense is the best in district. 

Yes, they are the best defense, but predictable play calling didn't make it hard on y'all...

Winning cures all.  We play Lee at home.  It'll be a good confidence booster.  But by but being this late in the season, we shouldn't have to be having any coming to Jesus meetings, which is what this team, coaches, and parents need.  Playoffs are in 2 weeks.  Across the board, we have talent.  But the guys across the field don't fear us or anything we are capable of.  They go for 4th down plays in their territory.  They run the ball on 2nd and 30. They load the Box up because they know that we won't pass the ball.  And late in games they know they will have the timeouts late in the game because we will burn 2 of them because we can't get a play in.  They know to blitz on goal line situations because we will line up in shotgun and get tackled behind the one of scrimmage...  I can go on and on, but the game vs. Lee....  We need it.  Right about now.  

More to come in the Lee vs Central thread...

I think we have the ability to beat Dayton. But just like last night and many times before, we CANNOT have the mental mistakes like over snapping the ball. There were too many times where Morse had to jump for the ball when snapped along with the 40 yard over snap. That has been a problem in big games, ie Nederland. Turnovers and penalties have been a big problem for us this year. The defense played lights out last night. When you can shut a running game like that down you're doing pretty good. Mczeal should be back for the play offs. Sometimes we look unstoppable and sometimes we look like we couldn't win a game. We have to get more consistent. We should be at this point of the season. Play calling was a lot better last night. BF had a good game plan. Anniboli might have a concussion. He was knocked out last night. The good thing is the back ups have really stepped in and done a good job with all the injuries we've had.

Just a couple of things I noticed, it seemed as the Central players have to be mistake free, when they got a false start or one time it was a pass interference it was off the field that player came.  It's hard to play the game like that.  Looked like a lot of times Central was late getting play calls in and they were confused on where to line up.  I don't remember the number but one poor kid had his ankle taped up, hobbled out there to line up on 3rd and 12 and they throw a wr screen. He couldn't run, punt.  Defense was about the same, they were switching on the slot and wide outs several times right before the snap. Oh, when the QB brings his knee up for the snap, then he brings it up a second time and the left guard touches the center and he snaps it.  The same cadence every time.  That may be another reason PNG played a lot in your backfield.  #2 for PNG just has a nose for the football.  That young man seemed to be in every play.  PNG/Dayton should be a really good first round matchup.